Anyone Have Photos of the Lock on a Loritube?

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by barbara desmonsche, Mar 13, 2010.

1. barbara desmonsche

barbara desmonsche Junior Member

New York
    Local Time:
    6:51 AM
    Hi,

i am very close to upgrading to a stainless steel device from my CB2000, & was wondering about the lock on the Loritubes. It's not easy to tell, but it seems like there are two kinds of locks on the devices. One is a simple screw lock with a special key that fits, & the other is a round key like what we see on vending machines. The Loritube site seems to only have photos where the cover is in place on the device, or locked. It would be nice to see the device open or apart so i can see how it works.

Can anyone post some close up photos of the locks?

How secure do they both seem to be?

i'd be afraid that the screw type lock could easily be opened with a torx screw driver or something. That to me defeats the mental concept of knowing you can't get out of the device & must wait for your keyholder. The round key type is on several items i have & i know it's very secure & cannot be opened without a real key.

Thanks, barbara

2. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    Here is one picture I found of the Key type lock.
    [​IMG]

I do remember some where some place some very good pictures of the screws that they use. but for the darn of me I can't seem too find them again. Anyone can you help. I'm a sometimes blonde and not to smart with these computer things.

As I remember they are alot like a Torx security screw, but with one notch gapped more than the others, that way a normal Torx Security Screw driver won't fit. I'm very mechanical also. But like the look of the recessed screw, and I'm sure if properly tighten, It would be hard to find something else to remove it. The other thing I was thinking, is a drop of wax, or glue over the screw head, then you K/H could check and see if you have been attempting to remove it. If so she could always Lock Tight it in, then look out. There is Lock Tights that you need to use heat to soft enough to be able to loosen, No Way a torch is going anywhere need me...Ouchy!!!!

Hope this helps some, I'm still looking, Missy Tanya

3. docj9000

docj9000 Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    I don't have a close-up picture of the screw on my Ms Lori #2, but it is as Missy Tanya describes it; it looks very much like a small tamper-resistant Torx screw. In fact, I actually wrote Ms Lori telling her how disappointed I was with the fact that it was just a Torx screw and she wrote me back suggesting I not mess up the screw head trying to use a regular Torx wrench to open it. Unlike a normal Torx screw the "key" wrench only fits into it in one orientation. When it does engage it is a very firm fit.

Although I have read reports of people who say they have opened these screws with a miniature screw driver, I think the success of that approach is probably related to how firmly tightened it is to begin with. Since the screw probably starts as something like a 8mm Torx, it is pretty small so the required screwdriver blade would have to be quite thin. If the screw was tight I'm not sure if a screwdriver could put enough torque on it before the blade would break.

In the long run, I think the ability to break out of a device and the desire to do so are two different things. I find myself not wanting to try to get out because it would violate the agreement I have with my KH. I haven't tried that hard to outwit the lock I guess because I really don't want to.

4. barbara desmonsche

barbara desmonsche Junior Member

New York
    Local Time:
    Thank you both both for the reply. It seems like the Loritube is still enticing because of the frenum lock, but I am still undecided. If the torx type screw lock is indeed the only type available, then i am not very interested in one. i have no desire to attempt an escape, but i love the mental part of "not being able to escape" if i wanted to. i think i will write to Ms. Lori & see if they have better info & pics.

barbara

5. dickorydoc

dickorydoc Junior Member

Local Time:
    The descriptions of the various locks Ms.Lori uses are reasonably accurate. The Torx like screw is specially designed so only the one key will fit it. Yes a small screw driver can be used if it is not tighten down. If it is tightened correctly, you will only bend or break the screw driver. I know from personal experience. The second possibility is that when you bend the screw driver you also bend the center pin and/or distort the hole, than the original key will not open it. It is a nice low profile way of locking the device. For those still in doubt, the are several versions of loc tight which can be used and still opened with the proper key.

The tubular keys are like tiny vendiing machine locks. They are also quite secure but are a little more bulky. I don't think they hold up as well as the screws.

6. weezies02915

weezies02915 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I like docj9000 was a little disappointed with the security screw design,( not that I have tried to get out of it) I just think having a lock makes it seem more secure, I have been thinking about contacting Mistress Lori to see if I can send my device back to have it modified, by adding a piece to the end where I could put a small padlock through it, to make it that much more secure

7. filmriss

filmriss Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    lets go for something completely unconventional...
    as a kid growing up, i had this huge living space with (not to get into detail here) a pool table in the centre of my living room (second hand from a german pub). about a decade later, i (or shall we say we), purchased a lori device. totally secure. until that thought popped into my head: i HAVE seen this key before. and what do you know. the key to my 1988 pool table fit straight into my loris. so, farewell security, get something custom made. even the locks.

8. Sir in chastity

Sir in chastity Junior Member

Local Time:
    I personally prefer the round locks on the Lori Tube. I feel they are the most secure out there. Now even they can be picked but are much harder to pick then say a master padlock. The security screw is IMHO too easy to defeat and cheat.

I agree with that, "feeling you CAN NOT escape" concept. It's way more important than actually being able too. When I let my pet lock me, I'd not think once of trying to get out. I want her to know that I can not cheat the device, she knows I won't, my honor is at stake.

The round locks are computer case security screws/locks. You can order them cheap. For fun, your key holder can purchase a variety and you'd never know what set of locks she is using. She could even use two differently keyed locks. The downside is the locks are not labeled, so the key holder might have to fumble a bit for the keys. Pick one at random, if it fits, you get release, else you're screwed until next time. Fun games.

I think there are a number of nice devices and manufacturers out there but IMHO a Lori tube or equal locked through the piercing is the most secure. The PA5K is not too bad but I am tired of splitting cages and have given up on all plastic.

9. arc704

arc704 Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    The round locks are computer case security screws/locks.
    I would love to find some of these that were waterproof. Having one rust on was a very bad day.

10. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    11:51 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice