Mature Metal Plastic sizing rings

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by maturemetal, Jan 16, 2011.

1. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    Hi guys I wanted everyone to know that I now have plastic sizing ring sets. They are round not oval. You will still get an accurate measurement as I start with a round ring and slightly oval it. They are also 1/4" thick which is the same thickness as the rings on the cage. I am asking $20.00 for a set but that includes shipping unless you are outside the US. The best part is they are yours to keep. You will not have to worry about returning them like my metal sizing rings. The rings are great even if you plan to buy from someone else. They are the most accurate way of measuring. I am also including detailed instructions on how to measure.
    As always if you have any questions please let me know!!!! Thank You!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Guest 2028 likes this.
  2. PansyTart

PansyTart MsTreat's sissy bitch

Local Time:
    8:09 AM
    Nice! What's the range of sizes, smallest to largest?

3. maturemetal

Local Time:
    From 1 1/8" to 2 1/8". I also have a giant set of metal rings that go from 2 1/4" to 3" just in case. And yes I had to send them out several times.

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    Oh fantastic!

Well done Mr Metal B)

5. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    If someone buys a set of rings and then goes for a device, do they get a $20 discount on the final price?

$10, even?

Or can they return the rings like they can with the metal ones?

6. PansyTart

PansyTart MsTreat's sissy bitch

Local Time:
    8:09 AM
    Ah great, so the same size range as your metal "regular" sizing kit. In retrospect, from the number of people I see posting here and other places about "night pain", I'm willing to bet that more people actually need a larger base ring than 2 or 2-1/8 inches, but don't realize it. They just think that "night pain" is normal and should be tolerated. Keep those large base ring kits around. I was almost ready to throw in the towel on ever finding a CB device that I could actually wear full-time after trying to sleep in your 2-1/8 and still having night pain from it. It's fantastic that you both make much larger base rings and that you had a sizing kit for me to try out sizes larger than what came in your "regular" sizing kit. It's been 7 nights straight since I first put on that 1.75-inch jailbird with the 2-3/8 base ring and I've slept like a baby every night. Perfect fit!

Might be worth keeping the regular oval-ringed kits around too, for those that are willing to do it the old way and pay $150 to try them out. IMO finding that "just right" fit on the base ring requires sleeping in it for a night or two, and the extra roominess at the 2 and 10 o'clock position makes a significant difference in finding that size that you can actually sleep in without pain, while also being as tight as possible. (On me, with round rings the pain was always exactly at the 2 and 10 o'clock position, right where you see the sides of the pubis meet the base ring, as in my avatar photo at your left.) Not everyone will want to go to the lengths that I describe in my thread here about my measuring method, but if they do, they might be requesting oval base rings to try just to be sure before ordering.

7. maturemetal

Local Time:
    Pansytart, Thank You!!! Yes I will keep them on hand as well as the regular stainless sizing rings. I think I have only had to send out the large set 5 or 6 times. There are many of you that give up because of the problems. Since all my cage are 100% hand made I can make any size. And yes I have made down to 1" diameter as well.

keep in mind that there is always someone smaller or larger than you. This is the largest I have ever made!!I don't remember the size but it was a MONSTER!

Attached Files:

8. chastt

chastt Member

Local Time:
    I got the plastic sizing rings.
    They feel solid and work good.
    Best of all there is no waiting.

9. fishsticks

fishsticks New member

Local Time:
    2:09 PM
    Are you still offering the (assumedly metal) sizing kit that we return for a deposit? This is what you mention in the FAQ on your website, but I can't find any way to order it.

10. maturemetal

Local Time:
    Sorry I am not. I have found that the plastic sizing ring are better. They are 1/4" thick the same as the rings I use on the devices. The metal sizing rings I was offering were 3/16" thick. So the plastic give a better idea of how they will fit. The oval does not really play much of a part unless the cage is attached. The oval if to make the gap more uniformed. The sizing rings are just to help determine the size. If you need rings larger than the 2 1/8" contact me at maturemetal@grandecom.net Thank You for the great question!

11. emm

emm Member

Vic Australia
    Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    I ordered a set of these rings, arrived just over a week later.
    I am in Australia, so not a bad turn around....
    The rings are excellent for sizing. I have since ordered the Pet Trap with security screw & anti pullout.
    Only downside on the rings was the freight charge ... Total Cost was $50
    Can't wait for the PT to arrive.
    Thanks MM.
    Emm

12. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    7:09 AM
    I ordered a set of the sizing rings prior to ordering my jailbird. The sizing rings were helpful for determining base ring diameter and cage diameter. The size that I ordered was spot on and I wore the jailbird for 17 days when I put it on for the first time and it is totally comfortable. (I could have gone longer; I was only briefly out of the device and am currently locked in again). I also found it to be useful to wear the plastic base ring for an extended time to get use to wearing this size and shape base ring (previously I had tried out a cb6000 which has a different shape hinged base ring)). I wore the plastic sizing base ring while waiting for the jailbird and I also wore it for several days prior to ordering the jailbird to make sure it was the right size. Had I used the sizes of the cb6000, I would have ordered too big of a base ring, as I could not stand being in a cb6000 base ring less than 2". The base ring I ordered for my jailbird is 1 & 7/8 and it is perfect. The cb6000 cage internal diameter was 1 & 3/8" and felt too tight. The sizing rings led me to order a cage diameter of 1 & 1/4 and it is perfect. It is very easy to not estimate diameter properly using cb6000 experience and if a cage diameter estimate is off, it is an expensive fix. Using cb6000 diameters may not give a good estimate of jailbird diameters because the cb6000 is not shaped the same or of the same thickness as are the jailbird base rings. Also, the closed nature of the cb6000 cage and the fact that it is a sticky plastic also makes using cb6000 cage diameter a risky way to estimate jailbird cage diameter. The jailbird is much more open and metal skin contact has much less friction than plastic skin contact. The one measurement that the cb6000 can help with is cage length!

Guest 2028 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice