Mature Metal Jailbird Review

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by bringback, Feb 28, 2011.

1. bringback

bringback Member

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    Just thought I'd write-up a review here, since I've benefitted so much from the reviews of others.

I received my Jailbird about the middle of December, 2010, so I’ve been using it for about two months. The previous device that I had was just a simple leather device reinforced with metal rings, so it was certainly not secure nor intended for long-term use.

I was somewhat nervous about sizing, since I had no experience with devices like the CB series, which would help provide a reference point for the sizing of the Jailbird. So I just did the best that I could with a ruler and some rings I had around the house. I ordered the following specifications:

Model: Jailbird
    Ring style: oval
    Cage/ring gap: 3/8"
    Cage length: 3-1/4"
    Ring size: 2"
    Cage diameter: 1-3/8"

The result was a device that fits fine, but is just a little bigger than I would like for length, diameter, and base ring size. This doesn’t mean the device was built incorrectly, but rather that the actual fit using those measurements ended up being looser than originally anticipated. I have read from other customers that their measurements often end up being slightly bigger than the optimal sizing, and I know that Mature Metal has said on this forum something to the effect of “if in doubt, go a little smaller.” I echo this advice. I could send my device back for adjustments, but I live in Canada and the combination of adjustment costs, shipping charges, and duty taxes means it probably makes more sense for me to just order a new device.

Despite the size being slightly above what I would like, everything is still very comfortable. The metal work is superb and really clean and polished; there are no rough spots. I am able to wear the device 24/7 with minimal comfort issues. Since it’s made from stainless steel I can wear it in the shower, and the open design means it is pretty easy to clean both the device and my dick.

As for security, the gap between the base ring and the cage that holds my balls is very secure. There’s no way my balls could be slipped through there without unlocking the device. I can, however, slip my dick out the back of the cage when soft. I imagine that with a smaller fit this issue would be reduced, and I also know that Mature Metal sells an “anti pullout system” to make this even more difficult. While an escape-proof device would be ideal, I don’t think such a thing actually exists, and I’m definitely satisfied with the combination of reminder and deterrent that the Jailbird provides.

As a final note, I will repeat what so many others have said about Mature Metal’s customer service: it really is top-notch. All my questions were answered quickly and thoroughly, usually the same day, and the product was delivered on-time and with the right construction. It was refreshing to deal with a small company since you can speak directly with the person who is actually building your device.

To sum up, the Jailbird is an excellent device and I am very happy with it. I can comfortably wear it every day and it provides a reasonable amount of security. I will probably order another device in the future so I can have a tighter fit, but I’ll have to save my pennies until then.

2. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    Yep. I just did 54 days of continuous wear, then 11 days out, and back in again. No orgasms for around 120 days now! When I took the JB off and examined it, it was much cleaner than the CB-2000 I once wore for 30 days.

3. Sunkist

Sunkist New member

Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    Bringback,
    I will add to your review if you don’t mind.

I received my Jailbird in the end of March 2011. MM kept me in the loop and the device was shipped and
    received as I was told from the beginning. I too was worried about the sizing as you measure for this
    device. You seem to have one chance to get it right or take it off and ship it back to make it right.

Model Jailbird
    Ring Style: oval
    Cage/ring gap: 3/8”
    Cage length 3-1/4”
    Ring Size 2-1/8”
    Cage Diameter 1-1/4”

I must say when the jailbird arrived it was a very nice hand crafted piece. The Mrs. and I are very pleased
    with the craftsmanship. I had a CB-3000 for a short period of time and there is no comparison in comfort or
    quality.

One of my greatest fears, as I work in the retail market is how the device would show through my pants.
    Well I guess all of my fears were in vain as it is not noticeable. I did purchase the anti-pull out device
    and have found that when shriveled that I can still pull out. I have 3 different length pins and while
    experimenting I found with the long pin during a nocturnal erection, woke me as it was quite painful until
    the erection subsides. I am not into pain so I have ceased using them. I can’t imagine any way these
    devices can be made absolutely secure from pull out short of piercings or super glue.

The open design of the JB allows you to keep clean with ease and I do find the long finger nails of the Mrs.
    getting in quite often because of the easy access. I have personally tested the the walls of the cage from
    my swelling and have found them to hold me in nicely (all that stainless steel and all).

I agree that MM is very helpful and works with you in any way to get you a nice custom fit device. Thanks
    MM for the quality!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice