[Mega Review] Mature Metal Watchful Mistress w/ Anti-Pullout System

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Abulia, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    Background
    Anyone who has read my previous review understands how I found chastity and the trials that began afterwards in attempting to find a device that would serve the needs of my Lady and myself. Disenchanted with the time and money spent to date I was reluctant to go down the path of yet another vendor but seeing no other options, elected to try again.

My next try was through these various forums and seeing the posts of Mature Metal, apparently a one-man force who has been making custom chastity devices for several years. Looking through his album I was impressed with the prototypes and models displayed. Purveying the Mature Metal website I found a very professional portal that did a good job of displaying the small but refined product line. Even so, I elected to contact Mature Metal directly for more details.

The first e-mail exchange I explained my situation thus far and my inexperience with chastity and devices. When specifically asking what device that he made that could possibly suit my needs, I was encouraged by the response:

All things considered the price was significantly less than I'd spent previously -- reviews here were mostly positive, although lacking details -- I decided to take a risk. I ordered, as per the recommendation, a Watchful Mistress. I waffled on the ring -- oval or round -- but since the oval was supposedly more comfortable, elected to try that route. All orders are done online via the web form and from a pick list; there is no way to screw things up. Any special customizations would need to be handled on the side or in the comments box.

By happenstance I mentioned to Mature Metal that it was too bad that I waited until the first week of October to finally place my order, as I had a special graduation and ritual coming up the next week. One where it would be nice to have the device in time for. You can imagine my surprise -- having waited six weeks for my previous device -- to be told that Mature Metal would have my new chastity device to me in six days.

In actuality I believe I had it in had in five.

This, I would find, is fairly normal for Mature Metal�s level of customer service.

The device did arrive and I eagerly tried it out. Of course, as is my luck, there were problems. Oh well! First, the cage -- which again, I swear, I did not exaggerate my penis length! -- was too large. Flaccid my penis barely entered the �head� of the cage. Mature Metal indicated that this was not normal; the cage would have to be re-made and shortened by approximately 1/2�.

Next, the 1 7/8� base ring was very uncomfortable to wear. While the ring/cage gap was a paltry 3/8� (!), the tightness at the base of the scrotum was just too tight. Even though I wear a 1 7/8� cock ring (round), the oval base ring of the Watchful Mistress was too tight.

Turns out Mature Metal measures the width (across) of the ring as the base size. So my 1 7/8� oval ring was, in fact, 1 7/8� wide but only 1 3/4� �tall.� This was a problem.

Returning the unit to Mature Metal for a fix, we discussed pullout, which I found fairly easy. This lead to a discussion of posts or pins inside the Watchful Mistress. After some extended discussion Mature Metal decided to create a hole on top of the unit to allow a pin to be inserted and locked in place. The ingenious portion of this would be that various interchangeable pins could be used. We discussed further types of pins and lengths. It seems that my unit was to be the prototype! (In fact, the first pictures posted online of the �anti-pullout system� are from my chastity device.)

In addition two bars would be placed on the sides of the cage to prevent manipulation of the penis to defeat the pin.

All of these changes took, at worst, two weeks to complete. Unit back in hand I was eager to try out the new pins. In fact they worked better than anticipated. Mature Metal and I had further discussion on how to create new pins. Unfortunately the oval ring was still too tight -- even after widening -- as my anatomy demands 1 7/8� vertical height in my ring. I can�t explain it. At this point I elected to order a separate circular ring by way to compensate Mature Metal for all the modifications he had done on my behalf.

Watchful Mistress Design
    Unlike some other chastity devices the Watchful Mistress does not give you any room to grow. The philosophy is to prevent the penis from becoming erect, thus any stimulation. It�s a unique idea and I�m pleased to say that it works. I won�t lie -- it does get �tight� during a full on erection -- but because there�s really no where for the blood to go the penis does not become fully erect. This has a byproduct of making the device of a very small profile and not large at all.

Speaking of size, the metal and welds are top-notch. The craftsmanship is something to behold. The device is polished to a high sheen, of medical-grade stainless steel. The base rings are modified cock rings (I assume) and the components are crisply designed. At any given point the thickness of the metal is only 1/16� and plenty strong. Sadly I lack a scale to weigh such a light device but suffice it to say that the lock weighs nearly as much as the device.

The fully-rounded base rings are quite comfortable. A note, however: if you elect to go with the oval size I would recommend ordering one size larger. This is because Mature Metal measures the width and then �squishes� the height down. If you wear a 1 3/4� cock ring then order a 1 7/8� oval base ring, etc. If you plan to go with a round base ring then simply order the same size cock ring you wear.

Notice the medium X-face pin inserted

1 7/8" oval on left, 1 7/8" round on right

Comfort

Comparing to my two CB-series devices the Watchful Mistress is an order of magnitude more comfortable to wear. I always became jealous of the stories where people would receive their first CB-6000S, open the package, and put it on for 24-hours straight. I could never do that; I was in agony within one hour of wear. Well, with the Watchful Mistress and the round base ring I literally can put the unit on out of the box and wear for 24 hours with no ill effects! It�s nothing short of a comfort miracle for me.

For long-term wear and the use of the pins, there are some considerations to be made, however (covered below).

Security
    The ring/cage gap of Mature Metal�s devices are absurdly small. The largest default size is 3/8�, ensuring that you won�t escape. When locked on, the Watchful Mistress cannot be removed. This is something that I cannot say for either my CB-series of devices or my Lori #2. This is, of course, a humbling and very submissive experience.

I cannot discuss security without going into detail about the unique feature of Mature Metal�s devices, the �anti-pullout system (pins).�

So, do they work? The answer is �it depends� but there are some other compelling features that make these pins worth ordering.

First, the pins (currently) come in two sizes which I have affectionally called short and medium. The short pins have a shaft length of 3/8� and the medium 1/2�, not counting the heads.

Left to right, Spike, X-head (short), X-head (medium), Flathead, Post

The pins work by being inserted on top of the device, pressing down into the soft folds of the flaccid penis. The device is then fully-inserted onto the base ring and locked into place; the mounting post extends over the pin (locked in place) and prevents the pin from being removed. It�s quite simple. The penis molds around the pin and the sensation you receive depends on the pin. Some pins are better at preventing pullout than others, some pins provide more �stimulation� to the penis than others. Ultimately it depends what outcome you�re shooting for.

View from rear with medium X-face pin inserted; yes, your cock goes in there with it!

Of the five that I have, here is a description of each and their usefulness:

Spike (short): This is my favorite pin, and the pin I am wearing now. The head is filed into a small spike, as per the name. The penis is literally impaled upon the spike. Flaccid you really cannot feel it. When the penis becomes erect, however, the spike presses down into the penis. When I feel the spike pressing down I cannot help but become more excited, which in turn makes me become even more hard, which in turn... Well, you get the idea. This pin is perfectly acceptable for long-term wear (if you can stand it) but doesn�t work too well with nocturnal erections.

X-face (short): Stupid name but clever pin. This pin has a large �X� cut out across the top and a ring just under the tip of it. The angles of the cuts are such that the soft folds of the penis are easily caught in. In short, the �texture� of the X-face pulls the penis when it moves. Again, flaccid you�ll not even feel this pin in most cases. However if you try to pull your penis out of the Watchful Mistress it is akin to dragging your penis across sharp glass. I have done pullout with the short X-face in place but it wasn�t particularly pleasant.

X-face (medium): As above but you will know this pin is there, even when flaccid. Going erect will be quite painful. Trying to pullout? Not recommended at all. Not recommended for long term wear unless you�re a bit of a pain-slut.

Flathead (medium): Just like the head of a screwdriver, this pin doesn�t look very intimidating. Flaccid you�ll barely feel it, however during an erection this is the most painful pin of them all. Great for CBT or tease/denial. Not recommended for long-term wear or overnight with nocturnal erections.

Post (medium): Nothing more than a 1/2� pin with a rounded head. Comfortable for normal wear, you will definitely feel it when erect. This pin does nothing to prevent pullout, however getting back in is something else entirely.

Only one of these pins effectively prevents pullout (medium X-face); all the others are good for sensation play. However, the larger point is that with any of these pins in place once you pullout you will not be getting back in. So the chastity philosophy is slightly different here. You can get out once to defeat the device but you will be caught. This says nothing for the mental bondage of having the pins impaling your penis on a continual basis.

In short, I love the idea. It gets the job done but best of all you have choices. Need long term wear? The post is fine. A tease/denial session? Put the spike in place. Has your boy displeased you or caught masturbating? Put in the X-face pin.

One caveat is that the pin system is currently priced as a $100 add-on. This is overpriced in my opinion, for what is essentially a hole and some small pins. I feel something in the neighborhood of $50 is more reasonable (and worth it).

Build Quality
    I previously spoke as to the design of the Watchful Mistress and the great job that Mature Metal has done, even down to the pins. My only area of complaint are some very small lack of attention to details. The ring/cage fitting holes (with a lock inserted) have quite a bit of play in them. In some cases the cage can swing from left to right increasing/decreasing your ring/cage gap by as much as 1/8�. In its neutral state the device has some bias, leaning noticeably to the left in my case. Fortunately it doesn�t effect security. I�d also go on to say that the play in the cage fitting and its ability to move with the body is a good feature. Just beware when ordering that if yours has too much play you may need to have adjustments made.

Customer Service
    I can�t think of how to write this section without resorting to hyperbole. Mature Metal�s customer service is nothing short of amazing. Receiving that first device in a matter of days blew me away. Every alteration has taken roughly a week to process and at no point did I feel like I was a nuisance. It was a positive experience from beginning to end. Throughout this process, because I was helping prototype the new pin system, we would communicate several times a day.

There�s no way I can think to improve upon his customer service. I was notified when the product shipped, returns were painless, etc. The gold standard.

Intangibles
    Thus far I�ve covered a lot of different areas but perhaps the nicest component of this process is supporting someone who is an active participant of the chastity community. Sure, Mature Metal is a business but you end up working with someone who takes a personal interest in chastity and providing a top service for those seeking a premium chastity device. So much so that he wears his own products and actively is seeking ways to improve them. If all of that wasn�t enough his devices are of top quality, comfortable, secure, and inexpensive.

Seriously, what�s left to discuss?

If I had to find a negative it would be that some of Mature Metal�s pricing is a bit out of wack. My base device was $275 with another $75 for an alteration fee to remake the cage (which was too large by no fault of my own). I did not pay for the pin system but it is currently valued at $100. Overall that puts the cost of the Watchful Mistress at $450. (I also paid $45 for the additional round ring.) Too much? Maybe.

But if this was my first purchase? Not even close. I�ve spent twice that on multiple devices prior to this that don�t work.

Conclusion
    I waited until completing all my business with Mature Metal prior to writing this review. I received no compensation for doing so -- I never asked for the pins to be included free of charge; read into that what you will. So my review stands on the merits of the device. In short if you want a comfortable, well-designed, secure, and top-notch customer service then you should check out Mature Metal.

The Good
    Well-designed
    Comfortable
    Unique, interchangeable pin system
    Secure
    Customer service is unbelievable
    Super-fast

The Bad
    Can get pricy with options

The Ugly
    He doesn�t get enough recognition for his quality products!

2. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Here are some pictures of the Watchful Mistress being worn.

Wearing base ring; pretty much is just like a cock ring
    [​IMG]

Inserting the pin before locking on!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:25 PM
    OK, I am sat here drooling right now!

That is an amazing review... the pictures are awesome.

We are in communication with the amazing man right now to get our own device manufactured, and I cannot WAIT!

4. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Watchful Mistress Tips

Some tips for those wearing a Watchful Mistress that I thought of last night.

1. It's much easier to put on the cage with a small (very small) amount of baby oil on the penis and then run your finger around the inside of the cage. Insert the head of the penis and then start pushing in your member using a Q-tip. It'll look painful but it isn't. You kind of need to "cram" in the penis. Ideally the head should fill the end of the open cage.

2. Don't even try to put on the Watchful Mistress while excited/erect. It just won't happen!

3. Prior to pin placement, take your Q-tip and insert it horizontally across the device, just under the pin hole. Push down and away (towards the head), pulling the skin. While doing this, insert the pin. The idea is to get as much skin between the pin and the head of the penis to prevent pullout.

4. Depending on what kind of lock you use, a standard Master Lock luggage lock may not be the best idea (see picture above). My lock lays to one side and the device tend to "twist" during normal wear, causing the balls to press up against the sharp edges of the lock. Try to get one of the rubber-coated locks for less pain.

5. You can pee while standing; check the opening of the urethra prior and pinch/adjust as necessary to not hit the bars with your stream.

6. When removing a pin, be careful! The flesh of the penis will often "grab" the pin and pulling up is akin to pinching the penis. Do a reversal of #3 above: use a Q-tip or something to press down the skin inside the device away from the pin. With the other hand, slowly remove the pin. Insert a new pin, lock the device back on, or whatever you want to do at this point.

7. Worn for an extended period and want to clean? Boil or stick in the dishwasher with a "sanitize" setting. Out comes a shiny chastity device, all clean!

Also, here are some ideas for Mature Metal to look into for perhaps improving the Watchful Mistress/line of products.

1. Engraving. It occurred to me about a month ago that I would love to get some engraving done on my device. I haven't checked with any local vendors but it would be a handy service if Mature Metal were able to offer engraving on devices (interior or exterior) to commemorate the special devices.

2. More pictures. The website could offer more pictures/angles of the devices or pictures of them in use. I find it beneficial to see the devices in action.

3. Brand the pin system differently, less of an anti-pullout system and more of a deterrent system. Also highlight the other benefits of the pins (sensation play).

For example, I'd go with something like "The Guardian Deterrent System." Pins are used for sensation play and to deter pullout. While pullout may be possible based on the type of pin installed, re-insertion is not possible. In addition the pins are useful for CBT, tease/denial sessions, or behavior training.

4. More pins. Enough said. They're fun and I want to collect them all! :confused0068:

5. Inside pins. I don't know if this is possible, but two small pins on the inside of the device, on the bottom, beneath the third "primary" pin that is inserted via the hole. This would create a triangle of pins surrounding the penis. The removal/insertion of the top pin allows easy insertion/removal of the penis until locked into place. Potentially this could prevent pullout entirely. Interior pins wouldn't need to be very large, I imagine.

6. Trade up program. Trade in your old chastity device for a credit towards a new, custom made, Mature Metal device. Helps soften the blow of the cost in moving to a metal device.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I have some penis plugs on the way that I'm eager to try out. I may be seeing if my cage can be modified on the end to move the bars closer together, so that the plug isn't removable with the chastity device in place. That could be some fun cock bondage!

5. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    4:25 PM
    Thank You Abulia! I will take your suggestions into consideration. I will be coming up with new ideas this year so stay posted. I am still trying to design a PA system for the Watchful Mistress.

1) I have considered engraving. The machine is about $3000.00. I would love to offer this service.

2) As far as my web site it is a good thing I know more about crafting chastities the computers.

3) I agree.

4) LOL I am always trying to think up toys.

5) Yes that might work. I am always open to any mortifications upon request. I may add that this year.

6) Sorry I don't collect old chastities.

6. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    5:25 PM
    I agree with everything Abulia has said in his exhaustive review. I have had my Watchful Mistress for about a month now, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the device or Mature Metal's service.

7. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    Hi Guys

What happens when you bend forward at the waist? Natutally the penic "tucks in", do the pins somehow prevent this from hapening?

Regards, Richard

8. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    [quote name='Ms Tinks' wand']
    What happens when you bend forward at the waist? Natutally the penic "tucks in", do the pins somehow prevent this from hapening?[/QUOTE]Not sure I entirely understand the question. The whole device moves with you, as it's attached to the testicles and penis. No, the penis doesn't move independently on it's own from bending.

9. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    Thanks so much!

I just wanted to express the greatest thanks to Abulia. It's awesome reviews like this that keep Chastity Mansion the only site on the internet I come to every single day.

I'm not even considering a Mature Metal device at the moment, but if he starts offering a PA version, and the PA-5000 doesn't work out for us in the long run, he's definitely the next supplier I would buy from.

Cheers.

10. Mark121

Local Time:
    Regarding a "PA version" of any chastity device, if you are serious about wearing it long term, the PA fixation will have to be able to move independent from the tube. I got a PA specifically for use with a chastity device, and was disappointed at first because I couldn't find a means of fixation that was comfortable in the long term. I didn't really like the "look" of captive ball rings, and barbells tend to move in and out of the pee hole, which can be annoying. Then I discovered "segment rings". These are just a ring with a section that can be removed by spreading the rest of the ring. When in place, it looks just like a plain old ring thru the end of your dick. I loved it!

I bought a PA5K, but found that I couldn't wear it for more than a day or too, because I change length too much between hard and soft. However, it did cause me to stretch my PA piercing up to a size 6, which turns out to be a very nice size - thick enough not to put too much tension on the piercing when pulled on gently, but not so big that you have problems peeing. I was worried that it would be easy to pop the segment out, thus making it not secure for chastity. I didn't realize just how strong those rings are! It really takes a LOT of force with a ring-spreading forceps to get the segment in and out. This is definitely not something you can do when the head of your penis is enclosed in a chastity cage.

So, the solution for me is to put on the Watchful Mistress, then thread a small chain thru to bars at the tip, thru the ring, and out the other side. Both ends of the chain are then connected to the lock that is holding everything together. I used a small dog-collar chain, though a "PA security cable", as sold by Kept For Her, would no doubt do as well. I just like the look of a chain better. I did have to enlarge the opening in the last link of each end of the chain to get the lock shackle to fit thru it. I have a Dremel tool that made short work of that. The result is a chastity device that is absolutely 100% escape-proof, without cutting something that could not be hidden from the Keyholder!

A word about pins at the base of the cage and "points of intrigue" and such: They can always be defeated by using a "shim". Take a plastic milk carton, or something like that, and cut a strip that you can insert into the cage, between the penis and whatever pins are trying to keep it in place. It is then like the pins aren't there. (Keyholders: check you trash periodically to look for cut up milk cartons!) BTW, a small shim is also a good way to get out of handcuffs if you ever "lose" the key.

FYI, I have not worn any chastity device for more than a week (my wife/KH is not really into her role yet). I am currently 48 hours into wearing my WM, and will probably be released in another few days. So everything I have said about long term wear is based on that limited experience. As always, if you look at the albums in my profile, you can see several photos of what I have been talking about.

11. ekulrac

ekulrac Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:25 PM
    watchfull mistress with pin

thinking of buying one but I have rather large balls so would have to get base ring larger than I would like,so would this anti-pull out still be effective. pitty you do not do a base ring that would open and close.

12. maturemetal

Local Time:
    The size of the base ring has nothing to do with the anti pull out. As long as the sizes are correct it is effective. All my devices are litterly hand made much like a blacksmith and I have found it almost impossible to make a hinged ring that will not irritate and looks good. Thank You!!!!

13. Mark121

Local Time:
    For a little extra $$, MM can make a base ring that is open at the top, in the style of the CB6K. See the pictures in my album.

14. subbiehubbie

subbiehubbie hubbie in training

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks so much for the comprehensive review Abulia.

My Wife and I are considering a Watchful Mistress now due to another breakage of my CB6k tube:sad0147:

I contacted maturemetal this morning with some basic questions and he already responded!! Amazing!

But I have some other questions I'm hoping some users here can answer...

Why does the lock need to be worn sideways? Is it uncomfortable like that? Is it noticeable? Can a lock be worn in the traditional north-south direction?

I'm a grower, not a shower. My cb6k always provided a bit of space for growth during erection. I'm wondering if I ask for the same lenght of tube in the W-M or to shorten it up.
    If the W-M constricts the penis enough to prevent erection does the extra pressure pushing out against the ring cause more severe pain?

Your review states the W-M will naturally carry to the left. I like to carry to the right and the CB6k worked well to the the right. Will I have to change from righty to lefty with the W-M?

I weighed my CB6k with the lock. It came in at about 60grams. A W-M is almost twice that. Do you notice the weight very much? Does the weight pull on the ring very much?

I can't decide if round or oval ring would be best. I currently use the 1 7/8 ring for the cb6k. Most days it's great but some days there is some slack and then some pinching. Was your previous round ring always a close fit making the oval ring too tight?
    I'm thinking if the oval ring is a tighter then that would be a solution for me.

Since I'm "free" right now we're hoping to get moving on a replacement for my cb6k asap. Exchange rates are great for me and a steel solution at maturemetal's pricing looks to be a great upgrade.

15. jeank

jeank Member

Local Time:
    Tube size

You need to get the tube to your exact flaccid size and not allow anything for growth. There's a good measurement guide on the Chastity Heaven website (he sells MM devices) www.chastityheaven.com

It's much more comfortable physically than having a longer tube as attempted erection pressure is actually much less.

No idea about the left vs right bit. MM should be able to tell you.

The other thing to watch out for is the size of the gap - initially I didn't pay enough attention to this measurement and the first one I got was too tight at 3/8". But I have a tight sack. Assuming you spent as much time adjusting the CB6k to fit as I spent with my CB3K then use those measurements for ring size and gap as a good guide.

The full oval was too tight for me vertically, but we're all built differently. The only way to find out is to try it.

If you need adjustments he turns it round really quickly. Excellent service ethic, and the workmanship is super.

16. maturemetal

Local Time:
    I was not going to respond and allow the members to answer but I will answer about the lock. The locks on my designs do sit sideways because there are no pins to keep the a ring from rotating. I know that sometimes the lock are tight to put on but the tighter the fit the better the fit of the ring. I have changed the way the hole is drilled and it makes it a little easier to get the lock in and yet stay tight.

Chastity Heaven is great but if you have come to know of me here please just order direct form me at Mature Metal.

And Thank You Jeank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ddh067

ddh067 Junior Member

Scandinavia
    Local Time:
    AND, because of the tightness you can't just cut the lock off. It's so tight fitting that if you try to get it of it must be exactly at the spot thats connected to the device. And that's of course near your manhood...

So it's more secure then you think when you see the pictures:Locker:

/D

18. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Apologies but the forum upgrade really screwed up my review. I'll try to find some time to clean it up. *sigh*

19. hspdog

hspdog New member

Local Time:
    I want to thank you Abulia. Your review of the Watchful Mistress and the Anti-pullout System was extremely helpful and very accurate. You helped me a great deal in my decision to go with the WM and the anti-pullout pins I chose. I am very happy with the decisions I made. Thank you.

20. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    I've asked the mods to help me recover the pics used in this review in order to fix it. I no longer have the images. Also, I'll need somewhere to host the images, unless I can embed in the post itself somehow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice