Choosing between Jailbird and Looker 01

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by teasedog, Jan 11, 2011.

1. teasedog

teasedog New member

Local Time:
    10:55 PM
    Hi all,

I'm new to this site but I have a problem and would like to get the opinion of some experienced chastity wearers.
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to post it..

So, the problem is this; currently I wear a cb6k. Pretty comfortable for me except during the night. I can't wear it at night because of nightly erections. Just severale different combinations of rings and spacers but keep having this problem. Also I'm down to my third cage already because they keep splitting! At this point I've lost faith in the cbxxx range and I'm searching for a steel cb. I narrowed the choise down to the "jailbird" from mature metal (or "the cage" from chastityheaven since they seem to be the same?) and the "looker 01" from steelworxx. These are both custom made and affordable for me.

Now the question; is either one of those 2 devices better then the other or is it just down to experience and acceptation?? The looker seems to be slightly better made but I'm really put off by the urethal plug (I'm pretty sure my Mistress wouldn't like this either) because I can't imagine it being comfortable especially when urinating. What is the purpose of the ureathal plug anyway? Overall the jailbird seems very good and I'm reading very good reviews about it and almost none about the looker. Is that correct or am I wrong?
    And is it true that nightly erections are far less with these steel cb's then in the cb6k?

I'm hoping to get some input from you guys (and girls :)) because we want to buy one very soon. My Mistress wants to keep me in chastity for longer periods of time and offcourse night time must be included is her opinion.. :-( (there goes my nightly freedom..). I'd like to note that getting out of any cb is not a issue. If I'd like I could get out of my cb6k but I won't because I'm wearing a cb to keep chasted for my Mistress. So that's not a requirement in choosing the new cb. The requirements are: comfort, hygiene, looks and unbreakable..

Thanks in advance for any opinions and advice!

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    ChastityHeaven is MatureMetal's distributor.

I would suggest sending maturemetal a message on here to have a quick chat. He may be able to help you figure out what your problems/needs are and give you a bit more direct advice. :)

With any luck you'll also get some wearers along soon to help.

I'm renaming your thread to help direct people better.

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh, and :welcome: to the Mansion. It's good to have you here. :)

4. teasedog

teasedog New member

Local Time:
    Thanx for the welcome and the advice! At this time I'm already sure it's going to be one of these two. As far as price to quality goes, I don't think there are any other choises then mature metal or steelworxx (correct or does anyone have a other opinion????) As soon as I make my final decision, I will contact the fabricators with all my specific questions. Right now I'm simply looking for experiences from users of these devices.

Thanx again Mistress Watchful for the comment!

5. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    5:55 PM
    I have no experience with Steelworxx, but I can't imagine how you could go wrong with Mature Metal. I own a "WatchfulMistress", and it is a high quality piece, custom made to my measurements, adjusted a few times for perfect fit, at a very reasonable price. In addition to the quality of his merchandise, I have to say that MM's customer service is excellent. Send him an email, and he will usually respond the same day. When I had to return my device for modifications, I had it back in less than 2 weeks. He even made a custom, open-at-the-top base ring for me (you can see the pictures in my gallery, if you like). He really is a pleasure to deal with.

6. 2dnislave

2dnislave Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hello fellow chaste guy, i've owned the looker01 for several months now and as of right now i'm locked up by my misstress. back to your question its great long term longest i've been locked up for is six wks yes 6 whole wks in this tormenting little device. as the urethra tube goes its compleatly fine its the best secruity feature cause u cant pull out ever. yes you cant really stand 2 pee but in most chastity devices are the same. some time when their's a strong flow of urine it might sting a little but i've never suffered from bacterial problems or any need 2 worry about the tube in my urethra. I first started playing with chastity I've used all of the cb**** range and left disapointed by all. steel chastity devices are the only way to go if your really dedicated chaste guy. you can really experence progressing lenths of time in devices like these, without the need to be reliced for cleaning like you did have in the cb**** range

feel free to see my profile pic here :- or if your on chastitylifestyle.com feel free 2 find me cause i've got beter pics on there my screen name on there lookerslave

Good luck in your final decision

7. sissy_ty

sissy_ty Member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    While I havent ordered the Jailbird yet, I have been talking with MatureMetal on here for the last couple days, asking him questions about the device and what makes it different. He is very easy to talk to, not one of those "yeah yeah yeah, it'll do what you want now buy the product" types. I am hoping to buy my Jailbird this month.

The only problem I see with the looker is nightime erections. I had a catheter in for a while when I was in the hospital, and I was squirming all night long every time I got an erecetion. I can only imagine how bad a chastity device like that would be. I guess it all depends on your pain levels.

8. PansyTart

PansyTart MsTreat's sissy bitch

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    You can't go wrong with a Jailbird. This bitch will be posting a detailed review of her 1.75-inch long Jailbird very soon today, with lots of photos. (Just received it three days ago) This bitch will also be posting a detailed guide to taking accurate measurements for the Jailbird or any other custom-fit trapped-ball device. If you get your measurements right, this bitch guarantees that you'll sleep like a baby in the Jailbird. Slapped it on in one minute with no lube or "stocking trick" needed, slept like a baby every night since. No pinching at all while moving/sitting. His design and craftsmanship is great.

BTW, if you haven't yet ordered his sizing kit, this bitch strongly recommends that you do so. Using his sizing rings is a major key to getting good measurements for a proper fit. If you can't sleep in a CB-n000 without night pain, this bitch also strongly suspects that (like this bitch) you need a much larger base ring than the largest 2-inch ring available for the CB-n000. This bitch takes a 2-3/8 oval ring. The largest base ring in the standard sizing kit by Mature Metal is 2-1/8. Be prepared to request his special large sizing kit if the 2-1/8 is still too tight to sleep in. His large kit has base rings up to 3-1/2 inch or thereabouts. As you'll see in this bitch's post later this morning about getting good measurements, you have to actually sleep in a sizing ring for a night or two to really know whether it's the right size or not. Nocturnal erections are very different from your regular conscious ones. Be patient and don't rush. Getting the right size measurements is key to being happy with your custom device.

9. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    As I write this, I'm 31 days in continual 24/7 lockup with a Jailbird. The longest I ever went in a plastic CB was 30 days in a CB-2000, so it's a new record for me. When I took the CB off (I had to cut the locking pin as the lock was corroded inside, possibly with urine backsplash), the inside of the cage was actually green inside, despite my attempts to keep it clean in the shower. The Jailbird by contrast, is much cleaner inside. It's also much more comfortable and allows the skin inside to "breathe" easier. Aside from the odd pinch now and then, it's very comfortable, and I have no trouble sleeping with it.

I'm too squeamish to use anything with a plug in it, so something like the Looker is a non-starter for me. I can't recommend a Jailbird enough. While no trapped ball device can be 100% effective, I think the JB strikes the right balance between security and hygiene. What's the point of a chastity cage you can only wear a few hours or a day or two at most? Getting the fit right on any steel device can be a fiddly business, but once you get it, you can lock it on and basically forget about it. Mature Metal will work with you to make your device a truly custom one.

10. PansyTart

Local Time:
    Emphatic agreement! After months and many hundreds of dollars fiddling with other devices this bitch simply couldn't wear for more than a few days without causing actual damage, this bitch is still pleasantly amazed that after dropping her panties and slapping the Jailbird on in 30 seconds four days ago, this bitch can truly "forget about it". Yes, when you're wearing a contraption wrapped around everything down there, you are always aware of it and still can't do some things comfortably like cross your legs (female style), but other than that, it's a no-hassle device that doesn't cause problems and doesn't *need* to be taken off. If the logic of this bitch's measuring system makes sense to you (link in the sig block below), you'll end up with a cage inside diameter that's roomy enough that you'll never have any hygiene issues of any sort. The only "maintenance" reason to take off the device occasionally is to shave the few spots of hair that can't otherwise be gotten to. (Ma'am likes it all totally hairless.)

11. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Ah, see, I don't shave at all, so it's a non-issue. My belief is that the hair actually works to provide a thin layer between skin and metal. More importantly, this 'layer' is able to move, so the metal tends to rub the skin less. Usually any pinching hairs will sort themselves out in the first few days or so.

12. teasedog

teasedog New member

Local Time:
    I'd like to thank all of you for all the advice and comments so far. I'm pretty sure I will go with the Jailbird and not the Looker. This because I'm still a bit afraid of the urethal plug and the possibility of infection.. Plus, the Jailbird is cheaper. All and all also pretty important :p . I realise that chastity doesn't come cheap, but why spent more if it isn't necessary?

So, thanks very much and unless anyone gives a very, very positive comment on the Looker, I'll go with the Jailbird.

Likely that I will order one in the next few months so I'll keep you updated!

13. PansyTart

Local Time:
    Be sure to read the measuring guide linked in the sig block below when you're getting ready to order the Jailbird; you might find it helpful in getting a solid fit on the first try.

14. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    I am currently using The Spiral by Tickleberry, which suits my current needs (for want of a better expression!), but have also been considering saving up my pennies for a Jailbird at some point. I have only heard good things about Mature Metal.

With regards to erections, your penis will try to get erect during your sleep no matter what device you wear. Nocturnal erections are perfectly natural and happen several times in the average night. Sometimes we sleep through them, sometimes we wake up and notice them. I get the same on average amount of erections wearing a steel device as I did wearing a polycarbonate device.

15. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    And as if to prove a point, here is a rough photo I quickly took using my mobile phone. It shows a hard nocturnal erecton that I had at 5.30 AM. Underneath the gloss PVC G String, I am wearing my Spiral 316 stainless steel chastity device.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice