"Secure Emergency" Key

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by biggar, Feb 11, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. biggar

biggar Junior Member

retired
    Upstste NY USA
    Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    In this day and age of tightened security and metal detectors I think anyone that is locked with a metal lock should have access to an emergency key. BUT the key should be secured in a way that the KH would know if it had been used or tampered with. I did a lot of thinking and came up with this very simple but secure way to carry my key. We have decided against the plastic numbered locks only because of the hygiene issue of never being able to wash completely without cutting of the lock. The cover piece was cut from the plastic top from a can of coffee. The top ziptie just helps keep everything tight. The other ziptie helps hold the numbered lock flat. Notice that the key sticks out through a small opening in the bottom. That is so that there is no way the key can be turned or manipulated in such a way as to be still used. Just thought I would share this with the forum.

Attached Files:

2. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    7:47 AM
    You could also use a envelope. Just have your keyholder or wife write something where the envelope is sealed.

3. manmaid

manmaid Gone

Local Time:
    Old fashioned Sealing Wax works too.

4. lockednloaded

lockednloaded Senior Member

Local Time:
    That's exactly what we have-a spare key in a sealed envelope that my Wife has sealed and written all over.

It lives on her desk in our study and there is no way on earth I could get the key out without destroying the envelope and her knowing.

5. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    Simple is sometimes the best. Everyone is always looking for a better mouse trap, lol

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

6. biggar

biggar Junior Member

retired
    Upstste NY USA
    Local Time:
    Yes these other methods work if you want to leave it on a desk at home, but to carry one in a wallet everyday at work, 50 miles from home, they wouldn't be practical or hold up under those conditions.

7. wedded bliss

wedded bliss New member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    We use the plastic locks with the serial #'s on them. I can rip it off if I had to in an emergency. My Queen is quite happy with me sending her pictures of the plastic lock when I am away.

8. horserider

horserider New member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    Hi,

We keep the emergency key like this.

Kind regards

Horserider

Attached Files:

9. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I have kept a "Emergency Key" in my wallet for years. I had my wife sign and date a small piece of paper. Then I sealed it in laminator. Now the key is sealed, I can only open by tearing the sealing plastic. She has asked to see the key every so often just to check up on me. I keep it in one of the hide compartments of my wallet and no one would know.

PS, the paper also saids that if used not for an Emergency, 6 month mandatory penalty. and we all know what that would be right, No willy Squirting for 6 months.

Works for us, Missy Tanya

10. chastity4slave

chastity4slave Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I keep mine in a small safe at home. only my KH has the combo of course, and it is easily obtainable in case of emergency. it also works out real good for those times when She has arranged for another to play with me, She just gives them the combo and they lock the key (and me) back up when they are done with me. no envelopes needed. besides, for me anyways, an envelope gives me the option of cheating. I would just rather not have that posibility.

11. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    Another method is to use a numbered, tamper-evident label across the keyhole on the lock itself. No special security is needed for the key, because the keyhole is secure. You can buy labels that are just the right size to cover the end of a small padlock on eBay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice