Neosteel back to flexible rear cable

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by jchar, Jan 21, 2023.

1. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    If you've seen my previous posts, I showed how I experimented with different solid steel rods instead of a flexible cable like what most Neosteel modules have. Anyhow, I settled on the 4mm steel rod as the most comfortable option and it solved problems I was having, I later realized it also introduced others. On one hand having the entire belt be more rigid was good, on the other this is bad - when I sat down or stand up there was no flex as a cable style would allow. This I realized was contributing to some of the discomfort I had sitting in a car or in a chair for a very long time. One of my biggest complaints about the original flexible cable design was its overall thickness of around 8-10mm so I didn't want to switch back to that.

What I decided to try this time was a 4mm steel cable made for dog leashes. This cable comes with a vinyl coating on it and the outer diameter is just under 5mm. Since I've done this a number of times now, it only took me about 30 minutes to have the cable ready to install on my belt module. I installed it yesterday afternoon so its been around 18 hours so far. Overall I think it improves comfort for me, having a little flex in the tube when I sit down is really helpful. Also I noticed another difference that the penis tube is now held at a sharper angle toward the back of the belt which I find also helps with the pressure I was feeling where the top of the tube was pressing into my pelvis.

This was just a random idea I had and so far so good.

McSlavey and lokdnsteel like this.
  2. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:52 PM
    I have the Chinese knock off of the arch called the enforcer, it comes with a naff rear cable so I changed mine like you did, I think I have 3mm stainless steel wire cable inside a 4mm nylon tube and this has worked well for some time now.

DSD00084 (Custom).JPG

jchar likes this.
  3. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    Just wanted to show what the new cable looks like. I also replaced the silicone with that Sugru mouldable glue. It seems a lot stronger than the silicone I tried before and so far more comfortable. Note that it does require at least 24 hours to fully cure. upload_2023-1-24_9-20-13.png

ata likes this.
  4. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    So I had to make one more change, I realized the heat shrink on the ends of the cable formed a really hard edge and it was causing some irritation. I found this marine grade heat shrink so I could cover the entire cable in one piece. Solved hopefully my last issue with my belt and only made the cable about 5.5mm thick.

upload_2023-1-29_14-49-11.png

5. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    7:52 PM
    So..., basically you are back to the standard Neosteel design :D
    Hope you will not stop your journey - there must be something better.

6. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    Well its a much thinner cable. The original Neosteel was 8-10mm thick and for me that made it uncomfortable. But yea more or less full circle on this one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice