Addiction

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Wench, Dec 30, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. Wench

Wench Owned by Mistress Freya

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    I've been thinking about denial and why the appeal. Why should the denial of pleasure be desirable, addictive even?

Chastity almost seems like an extension of edging. The end release is far more intense that a "normal" orgasm. However the same intense result can be achieved within hours or a day when edging, so why is chastity and sexual denial attractive? Why spend days, weeks or months in denial, being teased and sexually sensitive, but not fulfilled? I've puzzling over my own motivation, trying to understand why this is so appealing. I've come to realise I love the excitement of kink in general, but why this particular one, it seems so contradictory. The desire to ejaculate is so strong, so a part of being male, a driving imperative to procreate.

I've been reading Stephen Fry's autobiography (the second one, "The Fry Chronicles"). He's a fascinating chap. One quote he made while discussing his addiction with cigarettes struck me as being applicable to this strange desire for enforced chastity.

'A cigarette is the perfect type of pleasure. It is exquisite, and leaves one unsatisfied.'​
    - The picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde.
    Stephen goes on to explain this idea.

'The point is that a pleasure which leaves you satisfied stops being a pleasure the moment it has been enjoyed. You are now sated, there is nothing more to be got from it. Sex and food are pleasures of this kind.'​
    - The Fry Chronicles, Stephen Fry.
    Take away the satisfaction and you're left with a continual state of exquisite pleasure, continual sexual excitement without being sated.

Perhaps I'm lucky to have never tried smoking cigarettes.

Ta2Guy likes this.
  2. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    You're right about cigarettes. I was very addicted to them for many years. I used to stop eating before I finished a dinner just to have a smoke. I used to smoke before, during and after sex. Smoking was like having sex with your lungs. Sounds horrible, I know, but it was true. I even missed coughing when I quit.

You'r also right about chastity. People play with chastity for a number of reasons but for me I like the way in makes pleasure perpetual- Not because of improved orgasms but because desire stays at a delirious level indefinitely.

3. Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:35 PM
    It was interesting to follow the furore that Fry caused with his comments on female libido and his view that sex is the price that women pay for a relationship. That concept has some interesting mileage in the chastity arena. Maybe adopting male chastity negates that price? He also echoes the sentiment that man is chained to his libido, being its servant. Perhaps harnessing the powerful urge to orgasm feels like freedom?

Somebody should perhaps send him a CB6000 and set him free :-D

4. Wench

Wench Owned by Mistress Freya

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    LOL yes it might be the holy grail of addictions, freedom by submitting to your better half.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice