Our Lori #9 Predicament

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by Mistress Watchful, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    Just thought I would straighten things out with our Lori journey for anyone who is interested in buying a metal device or something from Ms Lori.

Ms Lori

For the best part I have nothing but respect for Ms Lori. She has amazing insight to the world of male chastity and (IMO) has the best belt-free devices I know of.

However! Do be aware that she is a stern Mistress and takes no crap whatsoever from men... fullstop! Unfortunately this can come across as quite brash when speaking to women who are purchasing devices for their men.

Because I am well aware that Ms Lori has a unique hold on the market, I decided it was "safer" if pet dealt with Ms Lori after our device was not to our satisfaction, because I felt I was too angry and would possibly not be very tactful if I spoke to her again!

First Ordering

When we FINALLY made our choice, after numerous informative communications with Ms Lori, we went for a #9. I specifically wanted a tethering ring on the device, and knowing someone who previously had the same order, I was happy to go ahead.

Measuring

We measured REPEATEDLY over a week (possibly more). I am the daughter of an engineer and the wife of an engineer... I know how to measure accurately and I know the importance of repetition. We made so very sure that the measurements we sent were (IMO!) 100% accurate.

The Wait

Devices usually come with a 90 day turnaround expectation. I think ours went to 110 or so. The thing that MOST annoyed me on the wait was that once the device was shipped, it was not traceable. I really wanted to be able to track that item from the moment it left Ms Lori, to the moment it was in my hands. Let's face it, it's 700$ worth of item.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention... the email I received on the day of shipment read something like "your device has been shipped, there is no tethering ring due to it being the first made out of our new, lighter material, and we assumed you would be ok with that". I paraphrased obviously... but I was not best pleased. No-one asked me if this was ok, or gave the the option to have the heavier item with tethering ring. Why?

The Delivery

Gutted. It was too long. Despite however many measurements we took, it was not right. The diameter was perfect, but pet also felt the teste ring was a little loose.

The Aftermath

This was a highly emotional time for us, and I do think Ms Lori forgets how involved people become with the importance of chastity in their lives.

Rightly or (most probably) wrongly, we had a lot of expectations when this device arived. It would turn up, I would have immediate control, it would be wearable 24/7 and our lives would descend into utter D/s bliss.

Whether or not it had anything to do with the device, or we just happened upon a bad spot, we began to have quite traumatic relationship problems. Especially when it came to anything D/s.

The next step

I can't remember when our device first arrived, I think it was May (I will try and look it up!) so for it to take until October to re-order is a fair amount of time and Ms Lori made sure she told pet exactly what she thought about that.

The original comments we received were that the device was unalterable. We would have to return it, sell it via her site, and use the money to buy a new one. We were not happy.

After a few consultations it appears the device may be possible to be altered, but it would cost 400$.

Annoyed, but just wanting this all to be over now, I have told pet this is fine, just deal with it and get it right!

Re-measuring

We agreed this time with Ms Lori that we would take photographs of the measurements so that she would be happy they were correct. As far as I can see in the photographs, the measurements read exactly as I measured them the first time round!

And here we are!

We are now waiting for funds to become available for the alterations, and pet will be sending the photos shortly to Ms Lori to see what is to be done.

2. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    4:54 AM
    While I do respect her for what she is I can not get past the part that she is also a supplier of goods and services. I too have received a couple of very stern emails from here that I felt were not warranted. I too have had to send my device back after the tete ring was a little loose.

While she is taking care of that part it is a delay in the relationship side of it so my heart goes out to you and pet as I can sympathize for you. Do keep us posted as will I and perhaps if there is one thing we can all learn from this-us men should not be the one talking to her LOL

3. MasterG63

MasterG63 Senior Member

Local Time:
    Maybe the answer is to put the women in chastity instead & leave the men free to be in charge exactly as they have always been?

:innocent0009:

Just a suggestion....:innocent0002:

4. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    :sign0095::sign0024:

5. chastitydude

chastitydude Junior Member

Local Time:
    I'm very curious as to what this newer lighter material is. I'm also wondering if the change isn't what is causing the delay in production. My device is way behind schedule, but hopefully it will be done soon.

6. maidmisty

maidmisty Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:54 AM
    If I wasn't locked up I'm behind you 100% lol

7. chastitydude

Local Time:
    I think your #9 with the tender might be up on Lori's page.

8. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    No, that's not ours, we haven't even started with the adjustment procedure yet!

The tethering ring we asked for was placed on top of the shaft, and you could hook a dog leash to it, or pretty and humiliating charms and labels!

9. chastitydude

Local Time:
    LOL. Very funny.

10. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    And you thought it wasn't possible for this episode to become any more confused than it already was....

pet did photo measurements and sent them to Ms Lori, telling her NOT to proceed until he had gone to the hardware store and purchased rings, etc to ensure a correct fit this time round.

Being disorganised as we are, we never got round to that (sort of tried, but couldn't find the right bits) when a couple of days ago pet receives a very strange email.

It was written in a cute, almost flirty manner, saying that our device was back on its way home!!!!

pet emailed her back asking if she had confused us with the other customer of the same name (it's happened before) and nope... our device is on the way home, shorter and with a smaller ring.

Not sure if we're mad or delighted! I'm pretty sure my PayPal account is still intact.

I'm just a bit confused. Lol.

11. paulie slave

paulie slave Locked house husband

House Husband
    Scotland
    Local Time:
    Great news! I hope the device is the right size now. I've always been intrigued by the Lori device - it does look good, but not being circumcised I couldn't wear one.

12. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    I just found this thread. OMG!!! When she made your's did she duplicate our's?? Or is this just the way she does business? Our's took over 3 months ( with no word from her). After several attempts to contact her, I got a nasty email asking if I wanted it half done?? No! All I wanted was an answer! We originally sent a money order for $850.00. I asked (and paid for) extra bars and a tethering ring. I also asked for a second key which I was severly reprimanded for! I was, however, told my ONE key would have a loop on the end for hanging. When the device arrived...one key, no ring. Extra bars, no tethering ring. I emailed and was told to send it back. It was the first (sound familiar) of it's type and would have to be remade since a tethering ring could not be added. Our's too, needed to be resized. Another LOOOOONG wait. It arrives! AGAIN. One key- no loop. Tethering ring- no extra bars!
    THEN!!! I find out Ms. Lori is using pictures of MY husband (taken from another site without my knowledge or permission) to send to other potential customers as a visual reference!!!!!

Should have bought the belt!!!!!

13. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    I am pretty sure as a photographer that using the images of one without consent is a $25,000 copyright fine. LOL That is a lot of free devices coming your way.

14. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So... the final chapter!

pet tried the device on again last night and it is no way ever going to work unless he is circumsized and that's not going to happen.

The very first question I asked was if this was necessary and the answer was no. In the final stages we sent photos so there was no misunderstanding that pet is not cut... still no comment.

The device will be going up for sale when I can bring myself to deal with it.

A huge waste of time (about a year now) and money...

15. locked4her

locked4her Member

Local Time:

So sorry to hear about your problems. My wife/keyholder and I took a long time to decide on a metal device and as I travel to Germany often went to a company there.

We have had a similar problem though they are able to make modifications a lot easier than what it sounds like for Ms Lori. We know in another thread you are now considering a belt option. All we can recommend is that you go to the manufacturer and get measured there.

We wish you better luck in the future.

16. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    I am so sorry to hear the end result is NOT what You had hoped for, M.W. O/our device, too, has become only a bit more than a paperweight. A VERY expensive one, at that! Although it is not Ms.Lori's fault, but the fault of the design and material itself, it is still extremely discouraging and frustrating!

Hang in there!
    Ms.Linda

17. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Is it me or do all the makers of metal chastity devices have an attitude and/or terrible business skills. It seems to me that the first of these makers that develops a stellar reputation could really gain a large share of the market. My suggestion would be for them to hire someone part time say a few hours each day or even a few times a week. Have the person answer e-mails, make sure orders are correct, contact people on status, and just talk to people who have complaints. The small cost of such a person would have a huge payoff in word of mouth advertising. Just think, one or two extra $800 orders would pay the persons salary if they worked part time. A few more and the profits become large fast, especially when you consider we have no clue how many people give up or go to other options.

Anyway, I'm sorry MW, Ms. Linda and anyone else had problems, these make my minor wait and communications problems on my belt seem like nothing.

18. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    I make custom chastities normaly in less than a week and less than half of what lori's charges. Are their devices realy that good. I wear mine 24/7 with no problems. I even adjust the fit until it is right at no charge except for $5 shipping charges. I think the problem is that Lori thinks her stuff is that good and she has everyone convinced. $700.00 and bad service! Please she needs to get a life!:fighting0003:

19. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    As I posted in another thread. If someone can produce a quality product at a reasonable price and offer good service, I think they'll make a lot of money.

If you're this person, then we need to know. Or if you think you could be and you'd like to discuss it, please send me a private e-mail as I do business development consulting and wouldn't mind helping you out with a few ideas.

Do you have a website? Or a business plan? Marketing strategy?

Anyway just a few things to think about.

20. maturemetal

Local Time:
    I have been building chastities for about 6 years. I have been selling them on ebay. I have made about 100 diffrent designs and can build almost anything. I prefer not to build the full belts. I stick with the tubs and cages.
    I do not have a sight. I have thought of starting one. On my real job I am in retail management and I do everything possible to satisfy my customers. I normaly always answer emails within 14 hours. My prices range from $100.00 to about $250.00. It depends on the unit. I have resently started tring to sell on chastity sights but as I am an unknown it isgoing slow.

My email is maturemetal@grandecom.net

21. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Well it sounds like your prices are very reasonable if the quality of your designs are good and they're well made. One thing you probably know is that if you don't have a web page folks won't take you serious. Anyway, if you want, I'll send you an e-mail sometime this week.

Tom

22. maturemetal

Local Time:
    I am always open to ideas and would welcome any help.
    By the way the one pictured is the one I wear and I beleive is a great design with good quility and is very comfortable. I use an oval ring as it prevents pull out and adds to the comfort. I am the only person using an oval ring. All of my items are made of 316 surgical stainless steel and they will last a life time. I look forward to hearing from you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice