COLD weather shrinkage

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by eggstrovert, Nov 16, 2022.

1. eggstrovert

eggstrovert New member

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    question for some season cage wearers out there. its cold where i'm at and well. i've got some shrinkage of the sack. this is causing some some pain. i don't feel its as simple as wearing a extra pair of long johns.. i've googled a bit but haven't found much on this. is it just me? any thoughts?

tiny69, Caged for life and Iron78 like this.
  2. Subhub101

Subhub101 Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    I've never had pain due to the cold. When I was first finding fit I slipped out on a very cold day.

What cage are you wearing? I prefer metal and I've found it helps retain body heat so that may help.

Is the pain because Ur balls are being pulled into the cage?

I don't have one but a lot of people use the belts to hold the cages closer to your body so that might help.

But yea provide some more info and maybe that will help people comment.

3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I get the same when it’s gets really cold here, I found thermals do help, if it’s really cold where you are have you considered keeping a hand warmer in each of your trouser pockets?

4. eggstrovert

eggstrovert New member

Local Time:
    i am wearing a cherry keeper. so 3d printed. i am 'guessing' the pain is due to because the balls are trying to be pulled back closer to my body. that is what it feels like. again.. what it seems to me is happening is my sack is shrinking or wanting to draw up and it can not. so that makes things tight and stick out more.. but that isn't the correct way to say it. but it is making things SO much more sensitive that any pressure at all is unpleasant.

Iron78 likes this.
  5. eggstrovert

eggstrovert New member

Local Time:
    wearing more close i don't think will help. i'll just get sweaty. parts of me get cold and my sack just seems to want to draw up.. and yes.. i can get sweaty and cold at the same time. =)

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I get you, my feet sweat even queen cold, it’s horrible!

7. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    I think you are correct on this one, I feel the same when running in the cold. As for now I have to remove the cage for running, I would wish I did not have to.

eggstrovert likes this.
  8. Lady Jayde

Lady Jayde Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    Hi eggstrovert. I'm sorry that you're having this issue but I will say its rather common; especially when temperatures really drop. I love my winter activities and had this same issue way back in the beginning. For starters, a really well fit device helps (not saying yours isn't a great fit) but even if its perfect, you'll still have this feeling. You nailed it on the head with the way your body is reacting to the cold temperatures but your base ring is keeping your anatomy from going up into the body to get warm. There is no way to fix this aside from adjusting to this change. I use to make sure everything was pulled ALL the way through the base ring so so there wasn't really any slack on the back end towards your perineum. I'd also use a generous amount of coconut oil around the base ring to help with the skin loosening and tightening with temperature change. I assure you that over time you will adjust to this feeling but I do believe you'll experience some discomfort in the short term. The oil should help along with making sure you have some extra 'slack' for the loosening and tightening but this isn't going to be an overnight fix. I do believe your body will adjust by the end of the season - just stick with it and tough it out! If you do manage to rub yourself raw, as much as I hate to say it, you'll need to remove your device and let the skin heel as it could become a serious problem and even get infected... there is a difference between discomfort and actual pain... just listen to your body.

Becalmed, eggstrovert and Iron78 like this.
  9. Ninaran

Ninaran New member

Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    I've had to deal with this issue compounded with having a very high and tight sack for a while as well now. Tried many things to no avail (doesn't help that my anatomy makes regular cages under a certain size tricky)..
    Eventually I talked to my better half about it and we now simply use bigger cages when it gets cold, so the body has room to do what it needs to without making everything awkward down there.
    Not a perfect solution, but we agreed that wearing a regular size cage is better than none.

10. JuniorLeon

JuniorLeon Active member

Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    I'm from Canada and I wear a Happygo stainless steel cage. I just put a wool sock over my package when I walk my daily 10 Km

1mlockedup and Iron78 like this.
  11. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i dont have no bother when it cold and if i am let out my cage then all my ones all go back inside me and it only the cage ring that keep them outside me anyways.

12. krystalasbaby

krystalasbaby krystalasbaby

(Retired) sissy baby
    Thunder Bay, Ontario. Canada
    Local Time:
    I am from Northern Ontario. Canada. I have that problem when it gets extremely cold. When it gets real cold i have no choice but to take it off when i go out, for example shovel the snow or food shopping.

eggstrovert likes this.
  13. eggstrovert

eggstrovert New member

Local Time:
    thank you all for the advice and the thoughts. mostly for just for the ' i am not alone in this '.. =) i was thinking i was doing something wrong or had the really wrong fit. i am still working through it and will continue. thanks again for the advice and the support !

Henry Wang and Iron78 like this.
  14. JuniorLeon

JuniorLeon Active member

Local Time:
    Keep the boys warm!!!!

Becalmed likes this.
  15. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    I'm a construction worker, and I am subject to the elements, the cage does get cold, but it's never hurt me, at least not yet.
    Wear thermals and maybe keep Hot Hands pocket warmers on hand

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice