Have any of you ever gotten recognized?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Goddess Jen, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    I'm talking about in a vanilla setting, and someone recognized you from your picture.

OK, last night was an all around kooky, fun, very odd evening for me. I went to a local bar that my friends and I go to almost every Friday night. A woman, who I've met a few times before, came in to have a few drinks. We started talking, and long story short, she told me that she knew who I was the first time we met. She recognized me from my picture on Fetlife. Turns out we have a mutual friend & she knew who I was right away. (And the even CRAZIER part, is when she told me the friends name, he was sitting right next to me in the bar!!! He's seriously my bestest male friend that I introduced to FL. They don't have pictures of themselves on the site, so they had no clue one was the other! Told you. CRAZY night).

I asked her why she didn't say anything to me when she figured out where she knew me from. She said she doesn't like "outing" anyone and didn't feel comfortable saying anything to me. I told her that if I was afraid, I wouldn't put my picture out there. We talked...laughed until I almost cried when I introduced one friend to another..and the 3 of us are going to a Slosh on Saturday night. So, it all worked out.

This didn't bother me or freak me out in the least. I mean, we obviously know each other because we both love kink. Now I have new friend :D Just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to you, or how you would react if it did in the future.

All I can say after this is it's a very small world. Wow.

2. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    Living in NYC has pretty much cooled me in terms of any fear of being outed. In New York, nobody cares. Ones anonymity is pretty much preserved, unless one does something truly horrendous, like what Bernie Madoff did.

And with respect to being "outed," Someone says they saw Your photo on FetLife. OK, that means they're on FetLife. So any "outing" would be mutual now, wouldn't it?

"Oooh! i saw You in an X-rated video store," implies that the viewer was, likewise, in an X-rated video store (do they still have them -- hasn't the Internet pretty much made them obsolete?).

i got recognized in a bar a little while ago. And the recognizer (a very nice Woman) asked me very sweetly if i would like to play. So we did. It was fun. Next time, i'll buy Her a drink.

3. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    I would LOVE to be out and have a slave or sissy approach me and tell Me they know who I am LMAO...That would be too cool.
    Unless of course I didnt have any makeup on, was sweating from mowing and just ran up to the store for more gas or something. But...I would think, if I were in that 'look' no one would approach Me anyway LOL
    I think it sounds great Jen...Glad you had such a good time.
    I need to get out more!!!!!

Mistress Michelle

4. susie q

susie q Dear friend of the Mistress Michelle clan

Local Time:
    That is way to cool Goddess Jen i know i would freak out if it we're me but probably love it just the same ,and Mistress Michelle you don't give yourself enough credit,always beautiful inside and out no matter what(ps this is not a suck up just the way i've always thought of you) :chores012:

5. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    :haha4:

6. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    Yeah... the guy who messaged me on FetLife saying "I saw you two hours ago"... LOL.

Hopefully I'll meet him at a Munch one day.

Sometimes I think people who see me at work might know me, but aren't brave enough to ask. Then again maybe some of them travel round the shops staring at women!

7. Sir in chastity

Sir in chastity Junior Member

Local Time:
    I see a number of folks in the scene here in the DC area in vanilla settings. From the grocery store to a security conference where I bumped into the great Jack McGeorge.

I think the most interesting vanilla setting was at an opera a few years back. Ran into several other local kinksters. We all went for dinner after the show.

I am never really worried about being outed by another member of the scene. I think we all know when and when we can not "recognize" each other.

F

8. kscorleone

kscorleone Member

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    Living in a small town in BF Idaho, I run the risk of being recognized. We have one LGBT club here in town and >50% of the clientele is straight. Furthermore it's one of the bars on the Pocatello bar crawl. One night, while I was in full drag, I ran smack into several people I had classes with earlier that day. Seriously ran into them. They looked straight at me and the was NO recognition whatsoever. I had a least 8 heart attaches at the same time and slurped down a raspberry long island iced tea (most amazing drink evar).

Later that same night at the club there was a woman I thought I knew and worked with closely on a day to day basis. Serious dead ringer. I caught her staring at me and knew for sure I had been nailed. So, what did I do? I ordered my gurlfriend and me another round. A few minuted later, she came over to the table and was saying how much she loved my outfit and everything...she had no clue who I was an, funny enough, she wasn't the woman I thought she was. Turns out she was super cool and my friend and I had a great night.

9. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    I would love to have friends into the same things as me, but my Mistress is very private and won't even go to the local munch. I tell myself this is a good thing, but in my heart I know that I want to be the wild child still. I would love to serve my mistress and another slave/Mistress, us slaves naked and locked. I dream about tricking my Mistress, but of course, I would never do anything as rash. Nearest thing I have got to is a firnd who knew I was locked, but she wung back to normality.

10. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    Here we have a understanding that if us kinksters run into each other in a vanilla setting we will more than likely move on. Later on explain that setting was to vanilla with family or co-workers.

As far as someone saying they have seen me I hope not as my pictures are not really public. There are some of me that kinky friends have up.

My co-workers and family is just way to vanilla, some of my co-workers and family know but don't want to know.

The funniest outing was Goddess an I at restaurant and we run into my sister in-law and her sister. At that time Goddess and I were dating I wore a dog tag that said PGsslave. Well there were able to read it, and told a bunch of there friends. The sister in-law also made another just lovely commit right in front of my mother. When we got back from our honeymoon she saw my new chain with the heart shape lock she said "slave boy".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice