Smaller ring decision

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Raven2141, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Raven2141

Raven2141 Member

United States
    Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm running into a thought that I should go down a ring size but im not sure if it's needed. At night my erections are painful, as I need to use baby oil to prevent the feeling of my balls being ripped off due to friction. Other than that I don't have any problems at night. There are some cold days my cage will sit high and tight and others when it's warmer where it will sit a little lower. I don't know if my device is too loose as I can fit 1 and a half fingers under the base ring when flaccid. But a couple concerns I have with going down a size is I can't fit my balls in a size smaller without difficulty, I have a fear of my base ring being too tight and restricting blood flow/getting stuck in my base ring, and overall comfort. I was wondering if anyone could help me as I'm not sure as to what I should do. I currently have a base ring of 38mm. The size down I believe is a 36mm. And the device I wear is a MM jailbird.

sissy_connie likes this.
  2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Sometimes we need to make compromises with how we incorporate Male Chastity into our relationships & lifestyle. If I were you and you only had major issues overnight, I would stop wearing it overnight. I also wouldn't use baby oil, I would use something like Neosporin; which will help your skin out and act as a lubricant.

Side note: Mature Metal only sells their rings in diameter differences of 1/8'' inches, which is 3.175mm. They also sell them in circular and wide oval shapes... You also did not mention the cage/tube length, diameter, or gap between the ring... these could all be issues. Lastly, you can get multiple rings so they are thicker and don't "dig into" your skin as badly. Personally, I feel if a ring is extremely tight you need extra width of the ring to distribute the pressure, but you will likely need a larger gap if your testicles are high and tight... maybe even larger than the largest gap on their site which is 1/2''.

Raven2141 likes this.
  3. Raven2141

Raven2141 Member

United States
    Local Time:
    I'll keep that in mind. I dont have any issues at night if I use lube. So I may start doing that with the type you suggested. :D

4. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    4:36 PM
    if you wear a cage for long time it usual after a bit that you need a smaller ring cos your bits go in more.

sissy_connie and Raven2141 like this.
  5. Raven2141

Raven2141 Member

United States
    Local Time:
    Yeah. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the ring size. But everything else fits perfectly.

jemima likes this.
  6. Deleted member 96384

I have problem. Hot times I have slipped out on the side. One in base ring one out. Please post you experience when you decide.

7. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well some men on here have say that they got one thats smaller than other one co you migt be like them.

8. Deleted member 96384

Should I drop down 5mm in base ring size?
    45 to a 40?

9. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    please i dont know really but they not much money and you cud see if one fit you ok.

10. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    It’s common to need a smaller ring after being locked 24/7 for a while. You can also try one of those harnesses that hold the ring close to the body so that an erection can’t push it away.

Deleted member 96384 likes this.
  11. sissy_connie

sissy_connie Long term member

professional
    Local Time:
    I agree.....my first Holy Trainer came with a 45 mm ring....after some time I found that i needed to downsize and now am quite comfortable in 40mm rings for all of the different cages i now have.

jemima likes this.
  12. Deleted member 96384

Thank you. I will order a smaller ring

13. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Just give it a try, if you think you need to then chances are you will fit a smaller size.

Raven2141 likes this.
  14. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    there's something that was touched on in the first post above which i've noticed i 'suffer' from; using a common sizing guide, the advice is to see how long a piece of string you can wear without causing discomfort, and ordering a ring size to match.
    but i have a cb3k with closer spacing between ring sizes than many manufacturers offer - i can wear the 44.5mm ring for half an hour with no issues, but the only reason i can get it on is because the cb3k rings are split and hinged. but there's absolutely no way i can get it on when it's already closed. i only ever got the 47.5mm ring on like that once, and that was mildly painful doing so. so the 50mm ring is the only one i can get on reasonably consistently.
    in short, there's a difference for me between what size ring i can wear, but what size ring i am able to actually get on to my body if it's solid.

15. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    huh, based on the posting above i've worked on my technique and have figured a way to get the 44.5mm ring on, but it doesn't seem great for blood flow (if i start to get the beginnings of an erection, blood flow definitely starts to suffer a little). i hadn't really tried it in a few months (was concentrating on the sizing for my holy trainer)
    i suspect i'm just on the verge of it fitting.

16. Henry Wang

Henry Wang Member

Local Time:
  17. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    If you’re getting pain at night like this it sounds like your cage is too long. Not the ring that’s too tight. Try a shorter cage to prevent erections getting too far and pulling your cage away from your body. That would be my advice.

But also. Go smaller on your ring.

just the smallest tightest cage you can find.
    That’s the one.

Henry Wang likes this.
  18. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I am also in Jail Bird from MM. Advantage of the custom cage is that you can control all dimensions separately. Your cage should not pull on your testicles at night. You might need a slightly smaller cage to prevent erection and reduce forces on the ring. The ring should be tight, you will learn how to pull testicles and penis through. The gap is very important for comfort. I wrote a guide that might help you if your cage is not properly designed:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://krystinekellogg.com/podcast.html

19. Raven2141

Raven2141 Member

United States
    Local Time:
    I noticed one of the biggest setbacks in my chastity journey is the ring sizing. More specifically, I have a fear of being stuck in a ring sized too small. Even with the finger method done perfectly there is still that factor of fear. In the back of my mind I am replaying an image of what could happen and thats been one of the main reasons I haven't gotten a smaller ring yet. Almost every night I have been waking up with a throbbing pain in my balls from the cage going further away from my body, aswell as tummy pain from not sure what other than I think due to the ball pain. With that in my head it's what generates that fear of something bad happening if I went smaller. But I could be wrong. Has anyone been in that scenario before where they don't want to go smaller due to fear? If so, how did you cope with it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice