Plastic chastity health risks

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by chastitydude, Oct 2, 2008.

1. chastitydude

chastitydude Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:31 PM
    Not to sound paranoid, but is it possible that the plastic used to make the CB-xxxx lines of chastity devices could cause harm to the wearer by leeching toxins into their skin?

2. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    8:31 AM
    LMAO....never thought about that, lets hope they werent made in China!!!!

Mistress Michelle

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Can someone please point me to some solid scientific research that proves plastic leeches toxins?

By this I mean scientific journals, medical journals, etc written within the past 12 months?

I will scan my University library e-journals when I have a moment as they are fairly comprehensive. (Because I have nothing better to do!)

I hear this all the time - don't drink water from PET bottles, etc, etc, but no-one ever seems to be able to back it up with referenced articles from peer-reviewed journals. :anim_43:

4. MrBobbles

MrBobbles Whaaaat?

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    It's mostly just scare tactics in my opinion. The amount that actually gets release is so small it will really may only affect babies. Obviously, someone is thinking of the children.

And it is BPA, Bisphenol A, not "toxins". That word is so misleading. Anytime I hear it I think of junk science like homeopathy.

Nalgene has a good FAQ on BPA in their products.

There are far, far worse things to worry about. Probably in your own tapwater and meat.

5. selflocked

selflocked Junior Member

Local Time:
    i don't know about toxic plastic but they will case abrashions and swelling i were the exobelt and i know its not a cb line but i had swelling after only a few days of lock up so i took it off the swelling when down im trying a diff spacer combo any one have any advice?

6. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    10:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure the cb-xxxx range is made of acrylic, and for the more chemically minded, here's all you need to know about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymethyl_methacrylate

For those of a less chemical bent, acrylic is considered biologically compatible.

** and specially for Mistress Watchful**
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_terephthalate. Looks like your PET bottles can release acetaldehyde's at high temperatures (300+ deg C). So it's probably not going to happen on the dashboard of your car, but if it is leftover in the bottle from poor treatment of the bottles at the manufacturer, then there could be an undesirable chemical in the water. But then again, acetaldehydes are naturally occurring in plants anyway, so you're probably not going to die from them.

7. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks burger!

I'll have a good look at that, I like it when someone can show me some proper scientific evidence! :animal0008:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice