Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    Me Lucy. And don’t forget that .02% figure is with the “cooked books” aka counting every possible death that could be classified Covid as a Covid death. After all if you were in hospice and got Covid it was counted. If yiu died of a car wreck but had Covid, it was a Covid death. If you had a heart condition and got Covid it wasn’t the heart attack that killed you according to the numbers it was Covid.

So the numbers are probably 1/2 to 1/10th even that .02%. But we will never know.

2. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    #3452 subrick, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022

HusbandX,

I generally have enjoyed reading your posts over the years on here, but when you make a blanket statement such as this, it disappoints me. I thought you'd be above such judgmental statements and name calling. Insulting many of us who hold advanced degrees (in sciences, engineering, math, etc.), and many of us who do not but we have our own experience and knowledge to base decisions upon, just isn't cool. It's a sign that you have a weak argument and insufficient facts to prove your point, so you must resort to name calling. We do extensive research on our own and make our OWN decisions from the FACTS we gather. We DO NOT solely base our decisions on what the main stream media, the governments, the CDC, the WHO, woke companies, social media, Bill Gates, "Dr." Fauci, et al, tell us we should believe. We come to our OWN conclusions. And there are hundreds of MILLIONS, if not billions, like us around the world, but most were silenced by blatant threats of the organizations such as those mentioned above should we openly disagree.

Just to poke one hole in your argument, and remember, YOU lumped this all together with climate change. Ponder this....Where I'm typing this, just a short 20,000 years ago (a blip on earth's geological calendar), there was approximately a 1 MILE THICK ice sheet over this part of the country. It extended as far south as Long Island, New York. Do you know WHY it melted? Why does any ice melt? Because the earth was coming out of an ice age, and by definition, that means the earth was warming up. It's part of our geological cycle. Man had NOTHING to do with the recession of that ice, and will have no part in ice ages that will return and recede in our future, either. That is earth's ever-changing climate based upon numerous geological and astronomical events WAY beyond man's ability to control. Ever.

That ice sheet is gone. Why? Because the earth's climate is in constant change, warming and cooling. It has been that way for millions of years, will continue to do so long after man is gone. Folks like you who say we "deny climate change" are showing your ignorance and your own true agenda. We deny anthropogenic climate change. Or, if we don't deny it, admit that there is insufficient evidence of such to justify literally destroying many of the advances man has made over the last several decades.

Just like many of us questioned and denied "forced vaccinations", "forced masking" and "forced social distancing". WE were called "Science Deniers", when, in fact, SCIENCE was with us right along.

We "science deniers" read the facts, statistics, and came to the (pretty obvious) conclusion that there was no concern AT ALL about our health from what was foisted upon us. Their agenda was all about control. The PPE argument has already been made in a previous reply. THAT is very relevant. Improper use of PPE can be worse than using any at all...and that's what the statistics are showing now, and always have well before COVID. But they just ignored that to support their agenda.

We heard a lot about "pre-existing" conditions. One of the main such conditions was obesity, especially for those in the 60+ age brackets. Tell me, how many PSA (public service announcements) did you hear that encouraged people to lose weight and get some exercise so your cardiopulmonary system will be strengthened and therefore have a better chance should you become infected? So, how many? I haven't heard a single one. Why? Because there was NO CONCERN AT ALL about our health. None. YET...I'm still hearing PSAs saying we have to vaccinate our children to "protect them". News Flash: Children were NEVER in danger from COVID-19. The statistics bore that out from the get-go. Children were and are, statistically, far more likely to have severe issues with most seasonal flus than COVID-19. But we don't hear that, either. It didn't fit their agenda and master plan of control. Oh...and to make billions for Big-Pharma.

I know I won't change your mind. You'll still think we're all conspiracy theorists. That's your prerogative. You're not going to change ours, either, so don't be disappointed. :)

Peace, my friend. I think if we ever find ourselves at a bar together, we can have a pretty lively discussion. ;)

~subrick

3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    12:25 PM
    If there was any concern about obesity they wouldn't be having body positivity campaigns for fat people, saying "it's healthy to be fat".

4. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Extremely well said Rick. I really liked how you called out the rhetorical sleight of hand the “left” tries to play it n us.

Yes. Climate is and always has been changing.

No. It’s not anthropogenic.

Sadly, most of those who accuse us skeptics as “deniers” don’t know what anthropogenic means.

My last point on climate, btw: How and why is it taken for granted that an increase of 1 degree C is bad? It might be good.

Shots kill. Stupidity kills more.

5. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    C8043A7C-6A45-414C-AAB7-F02B25493F1C.png

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Man! That’s tough to read on my phone. Hard to get a feel for the scale. But a very long time. A delta of 8C. Like Covid, I don’t think the data indicates a shutting down of the economy. (I know you didn’t say that. Just me)

Dianna1395 likes this.
  7. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COVID COFFIN
    as
    Federal Judge Protects The Religious Rights Of Marines To Refuse Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine
    U.S. District Judge Steven Merryday from the Middle District of Florida issued an injunction this week against the Department of Defense and the U.S. Marine Corps, allowing US Marines with religious objections to refuse covid vaccine mandates imposed by the Sleepy, Creepy, Crazy, Perverted Uncle Joe Administration.

Liberty Council, a Christian religious rights law firm, sued Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and pursued class action relief on behalf of all U.S. Marines who were denied religious accommodations from the experimental Chinese shots. Some religious objectors refuse the vaccines citing research and development that may have involved aborted fetal cells.

According to Liberty Counsel, the class includes:

"All persons on active duty or in the ready reserve (1) who serve under the command of the Marine Corps, (2) who were affirmed by a chaplain as harboring a sincere religious objection, (3) who timely submitted an initial request for a religious accommodation, (4) who were denied the initial request, (5) who timely appealed the denial of the initial request, and (6) who were denied or will be denied after appeal."

See:
    https://lc.org/081922MarineOrderGrantingClassandGrantingClasswidePI.pdf

(Page 47: “The motion ... for a preliminary injunction is GRANTED-IN-PART. The defendants are PRELIMINARILY ENJOINED (1) from enforcing against a member of the class any order, requirement, or rule to accept COVID-19 vaccination, (2) from separating or discharging from the Marine Corps a member of the class who declines COVID-19 vaccination, and (3) from retaliating against a member of the class for the member’s asserting statutory rights under RFRA.13.”

8. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    This is interesting as on the BBC liars site it says they don’t know why he died but on a local paper that was shown on twitter (which I can no longer find so has probably been deleted by twitter) it said heart issues breathing issues etc the typical Covid vaccine after effects.
    I mean this guy was obviously very very fit like many other athletes that have died in similar circumstances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62650682

9. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
  10. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Now now you’re thin and beautiful.

As a fat middle aged guy I cringe at the idiots who will attack what you posted. But you’re 100% right.

In my case I was thin until college, I put weight on until After college when I became a gym rat. I got in great shape then married an Italian woman. I don’t have to tell anyone what happened. I got divorced, got fit again. Dated another Italian woman. Put the weight on again. Broke up, got fit again. This time I stayed fit until a work place violence incident really messed me up. I’m now working hard to get all the weight I put on. One I hate how I look and feel. And two, it’s not healthy. So I’m doing something many don’t. I’m working hard to get fit again.

As for body acceptance, I’m with you it’s not a good thing when obese people use it to justify their lazy ways. Sure it’s great for young people who aren’t being pressured to look like models. But overall it seems to have become more of a negative than positive.

11. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The BBC finally picking up on what we have been saying for months.

bbcons.jpg

12. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    There’s just something about intellectual honesty that I find most appealing. Well said good man.

Dianna1395 and tomf_22033 like this.
  13. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  14. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I'm sure I remember hearing about one incident when a motorcyclist was decapitated in a freak accident and it was counted as a covid death.

15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
  16. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    The left here in the US has made it clear that ALL options are on the table for defeating Trump, from constant media attack, from constant Congressional attack, from legal attack, and last but not least from election attack. The problem now is that the left dramatically rolled back protections against election fraud prior to the last national election, and the last election results were seen by many to be suspect. Now multiple people on the left have been freely saying cheating the election is proper if it defeats Trump.

Now, after all this, if Trump is defeated it will be remarkably difficult for the right to not believe in election fraud. It's a ticking time bomb.

I'm a centrist in all ways and hate both parties we have here in the US and people like me feel trapped between idiots and morons, both sides which are corrupt as hell.

Dianna1395, MtnViper, subrick and 5 others like this.
  17. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #3467 Fit To Be Tied, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    IT SEEMS THAT FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DeSANTIS HAS BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD
    as
    “Someone Needs to Grab that Little Elf and Chuck Him Cross the Potomac” – DeSantis Tees Off on Fauci

Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) escalated his attacks on serial liar The Esteemed Little Elf, aka, Dr. Death, aka Dr. Doom, aka Dr. Mengele, aka Dr. Quack, aka Dr. Flip Flop, aka The Patron Saint of Wuhan and Wokesters, aka Dr. Phony Fauci, who annouced his retirement earlier this week.

Governor DeSantis was responding to The Elf’s claims yesterday that his unscientific lockdowns didn’t cause any permanent damage.

Governor DeSantis told his crowd of supporters, “Someone needs to grab that Little Elf and chuck him across the Potomac.”

See:

https://mobile.twitter.com/therecount/status/1562527125915271168

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewDayForNJ/status/1561762262414725122

18. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I agree SubSnuggler. We’ve gone well past the right vs wrong. Roared beyond good and bad. And we’ve arrived simply at two brands of scumbags.

19. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #3469 Fit To Be Tied, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    Also known as “THE UNIPARTY.”

Essentially ... Tweedledee and Tweedledum:

45C175F4-D190-4AB5-92BA-EDAD33973A0E.jpeg

20. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  21. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    He was one of us, and he was shut down the way people have tried to shut us down on this thread.

He should have resigned in protest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62664537

a1a1a1.jpg

Rishi Sunak has criticised the government's response to Covid - suggesting independent scientific advisers were given too much authority.

Mr Sunak - chancellor in the pandemic - told the Spectator magazine there had not been enough discussion about the negative side-effects of lockdowns.

He said he had felt "emotional" when he argued to keep schools in England open.

Downing Street said the economy and education had been "central" considerations in decision-making.

In his interview, Mr Sunak also hit out at campaign posters showing Covid patients on ventilators, saying it was "wrong" to "scare people".

His comments come as the Conservative leadership contest enters its final days, with the results due on 5 September.

The winner of the contest - Mr Sunak or Foreign Secretary Liz Truss - will replace Boris Johnson as Conservative leader and as prime minister.

During the campaign, both candidates have sought to highlight areas where they disagreed with the government in which they served, with Ms Truss saying she was opposed to the rise to National Insurance.

As chancellor from February 2020 to July 2022, Mr Sunak played a key role in the government's response to coronavirus, including establishing the furlough scheme and the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.

Speaking to the Spectator, Mr Sunak insisted he did not want to blame individuals but said he believes a series of mistakes were made by ministers during the pandemic.

He said ministers were not given enough information to scrutinise analysis produced by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) - a group of independent experts advising the government.

"We shouldn't have empowered the scientists in the way we did," he is quoted as saying.

Mr Sunak says ministers should have talked more about what he described as the "trade-offs" of lockdowns, such as NHS backlogs and the impact on children's education.

'Big silence'
    "The script was not to ever acknowledge them. The script was: oh there's no trade-off, because doing this for our health is good for the economy.

"Those meetings were literally me around that table, just fighting. It was incredibly uncomfortable every single time.

"I was like, 'forget about the economy - surely we can all agree that kids not being in school is a major nightmare.' There was a big silence afterwards. It was the first time someone had said it. I was so furious."

A Downing Street spokesman said: "Throughout the pandemic, public health, education, and the economy were central to the difficult decisions made on Covid restrictions to protect the British public from an unprecedented novel virus.

"At every point, ministers made collective decisions which considered a wide range of expert advice available at the time in order to protect public health."

A public inquiry into the government's handling of the pandemic has been set up, with public hearings to begin next year.

A report from MPs last year said the UK should have acted sooner to stop Covid spreading early in the pandemic.

Mr Sunak and Ms Truss are due to take part in a hustings for Conservative Party members in Norwich on Thursday evening.

22. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Let’s hope that the citizenry votes wisely and the elections aren’t rigged.

Fit To Be Tied likes this.
  23. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING:
    as
    Far-Left and MSM Begin To Blame TRUMP for Vaccine as Vax Dangers Come to Light
    According to a report from left-leaning Politico, Democrats on the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released a report on Wednesday alleging that the Trump administration pressured the Food and Drug Administration to authorize unproven treatments for Chinese Coronavirus and the first Chinese Coronavirus vaccines on an accelerated timeline.

As the so-called vaccine’s risks continue to snowball and become more evident, they need a scapegoat, and Donald Trump fits the bill.

You may recall, Pfizer released a news release and lied to the American people and to President Trump, claiming the efficacy of the “vaccine” in preventing the Chinese Coronavirus at 90% six days after the presidential election!

We all know now that the Chinese Coronavirus vaccines are not effective at all in at preventing infection.

Yet, as soon as Sleepy, Creepy, Crazy, Perverted, Uncle Joe took over as president, a rush was made to declare the vaccine to be both safe and effective and then to make it mandatory.

The Demented One then took all of the credit for the Chinese Coronavirus vaccines.

See:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...se-authorizations-house-report-finds-00053428

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Like clockwork. It’s all Teump’s fault.

Yet allow me to declare: Part of it IS his fault.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  25. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh yes! He swallowed the vax narrative ... hook-line & sinker!

Dianna1395 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice