Transporting a lockbox on an airplane?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by luv2bdenied, Jul 24, 2022.

1. luv2bdenied

luv2bdenied Junior Member

Boston, MA
    Local Time:
    7:19 PM
    I'm self locked and I'm going to need to fly for a business trip soon. I kinda don't want to break training so I plan to spend as much of the trip locked as possible.

My thought is to go through airport security unlocked, with the device (a HTv4) in checked luggage. I usually keep the keys in a 4 digit lockbox like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5400D-Combination-Portable/dp/B0002YP1VC/ and I'm thinking I can put that in checked baggage as well.

I know TSA wants to look inside closed containers if they happen to select your bag for inspection. Is it possible to rig that lockbox so it won't lock while it's bouncing around in my checked bag? Or should I just not worry about it?

I'm reluctant to put anything related to chastity into a carry-on as my manager will be on this trip as well, and we're on the same flight. It would be just my luck to bump into her in the TSA line. (also why I don't want to try just wearing the device through security.)

Or should I just say "the heck with it" and spend the trip loose? (I don't have a KH yet. As a newbie I'm still trying to get used to the device, troubleshoot any fitment issues, and so on.) Seems to me that discretion would be the better part of valor, here, but that's no fuuuuuuuun. *whine*

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Active member

Sahuarita Arizona
    Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    I traveled with one in my carry on and it didn't cause any problems. The x-ray units can see right through them. If you are worried about your boss than put some cash and or cards in it.

luv2bdenied likes this.
  3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    12:19 AM
    If the self locking then why not just leave the lock box at home and put the key on your key ring or in your wallet?

4. gingers_sub

gingers_sub Junior Member

Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:19 PM
    Just fly caged.
    No reason to remove it for flying at all.

5. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    6:19 PM
    Have you considered one of those little emergency key safes with a numbered tag that fits on a keychain? It would solve a couple of your issues and also has the accountability built in with the tag. It doesn’t set off alarms as most are plastic and you can keep the keys in your checked luggage if you wish but may even be able to bring it in your carry on.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/974591853/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice