Friendship Requests

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Ms.Linda, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    9:26 PM
    As of late, My mail box has been inundated with a barrage of Friendship Requests. Like many of Y/you, I have a small criteria which must be met prior to my accepting these requests. I simply ask that if W/we haven't had any contact beforehand, that you send a brief PM telling Me a bit about yourself. This is posted right in My profile should anyone sending a request be inclined to read it. Yet, almost daily, I get requests from people who have recently joined the site and are attempting (from all appearances)to increase their number of "friends" as rapidly as possible. To the best of My knowledge, this is not a popularity contest nor does "He/She who dies with the most friends wins" apply.

I realize this is one of those things in life that really shouldn't matter. But, it is one of My bigger pet peeves. A great deal of thought goes in to what most people put into their profile. Yet, obviously, it doesn't matter as it would seem it goes unread. My request is quite simple. It has yet to be acquiesced. I just think a "Friendship Request" should have some meaning, however small, attached. Now, having said all this, I will probably never get another friendship request as long as I'm on the Mansion. :lol:

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Seconded.... my criteria for friends is stated in my signature and it still doesn't get read!

If you want to be taken seriously, at least have the courtesy to take some time in getting to know the person you want to be "friends" with.

3. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Maybe you should do what Mistress Jen does on fetlife.
    It says near the bottom of her profile something like "If you are sending me a friend request add Blah Blah Blah" to the subject, as it will show you read my profile all the way through, any requests without this in the subject will just get deleted".

Just a thought.

4. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    Like my pet has said above, on my FL profile I had at the bottom that I will not accept a friend request without "Bibbidy Bobbity Boo" in the subject line. That way I know they read my profile all the way through and want to get to know me.

But now, I only accept people I have met IRL. I don't like having 300 friends clog up my perv feed. I just want to know all the juicy stuff from the peeps I know.

5. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    7:26 PM
    Now I am afraid to ask to be your friend!

:lol:

6. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    LUM- I do have it right on My profile and stated it again in this thread...."If W/we have not had contact prior to Y/your sending Me a "Friendship Request" please PM Me and tell Me a bit about Y/yourself. It's said that since My joining the Mansion. But, people don't take the time to read profiles. At best, they skim over them.

Jen- I don't have the opportunity to meet hundreds of people since where we live is such a dead place. So, unfortunately, I have to rely on PMs, chats, and IMs to help Me get to know people. Sometimes, it turns out really great and I find they're not that far away! Other times....I end up changing My IM screen name! :lol:

7. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    Lin, I just had a total *DDDUUUHHH* moment. I mean, what we talking about all the time? Um...the fact that you wish you lived closer to the action of it all? Big :huh: moment. Just for that, your 1st trip to SINS is on me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice