Titanium BA-25 with Penis Retaining Ring

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by WTF15, Jul 20, 2022.

1. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    This is a quick review of my recently received BA-25, with a couple of mods.

Mods: I asked for three mods to the BA-25:

1. Replace the PA hook with a retaining ring to go around the shaft of the penis immediately behind the glans, similar in concept to the retaining rings that were offered on the Lori devices. I sent a detailed drawing to Youming, hoping that he would understand what I wanted. He replied quickly that they had already done that mod for another customer, and he sent a picture of exactly what I wanted.

2. Replace the standard BAW integrated lock mechanism with one that had a through hole, so a security cable could be used to make it impossible to pick the lock. Also drill a hole in the end of the lock fitting, so the security cable could be inserted.

3. Omit the center part of the two horizontal bars at the front, to make it more likely that I could urinate without hitting a bar.

Ordering and Delivery: My attempt at communicating to Youming via the BadAssWorkRoom web site was unsuccessful, as I never received a response. My second attempt was via his Etsy page, and he always responded to my questions within 12 hours.

I ordered via Etsy on April 13th, and Youming informed me that it was finished on June 6th. The UPS tracking number for expedited shipping was created early in the morning on the 8th USA time, and the device arrived in the afternoon of the 10th. So, 54 days from ordering to completion, and another 4 days before it arrived, or 58 days from ordering to arrival.

Quality: The device is very well made, with smooth welds, no rough edges and a very close fit at the lock. All dimensions are with 0.2mm of those I specified. Base ring diameter: 44mm (I also ordered a second 42mm base ring, as I expect to be able to downsize eventually). 35mm cage diameter. 65mm cage full length. 26mm retaining ring diameter, made from 3mm diameter rod (so the external diameter would be 32mm). 12mm ball gap.

Weight: The device weighs 98g or 3.4 oz, much less than the stainless steel cage I had been wearing.

Comfort: The cage is extremely comfortable - frighteningly so. It feels like I could wear this for years. I'm currently doing a supervised cleaning every week.

Installation and Removal: It is a bit fiddly to put on and remove due to the retaining ring mod. There is a tendency for skin to get caught between the outside diameter of the retaining ring and the inside of the cage as the penis is inserted or removed from the cage. There are no issues once the cage is installed, as there is adequate clearance then, and little movement. Also, you must be very careful that no skin is between the end of the cage and the half ring that holds the retaining ring, as those two pieces fit tightly together when the lock is installed. I doubt that my wife could install or remove the cage without pinching me, so this will likely always be my job.

Security: There is enough space between the bars that I could probably manage to get the retaining ring off the penis and pull out. But it is so difficult to get the glans through the ring when installing the cage, that I am certain I could not get the cage reinstalled. So any pull out would be caught. The brass integrated lock is better quality than those typically supplied with Chinese devices. I have not attempted to pick the lock, but that could be defeated by inserting a security cable and numbered metal seal though the lock.

IMG_0084.jpeg IMG_0085.jpeg IMG_0091.jpeg IMG_0090.jpeg IMG_0089.jpeg IMG_0086.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    2:38 AM
    Thank you for your excellent and thorough review. Can you please update this after a week or so regarding the glans ring? I'm curious if it proves to be something that you find to be better with versus without after longer use.

3. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    Adding on here due to a similar positive experience with a custom BA-3, I had requested the glans ring retainer about 2 months ago and as stated above, the device came in very well made. The ring is super effective at preventing pullout, I can't, which is exactly the point/desire of having physical pullout prevention. Comfortable for a week now, cleaning is easy with the open design (bars, not solid), plan to have it off 1x/week for cleaning, checks for a few weeks then move to a monthly deep cleaning/removal.

Danny15 likes this.
  4. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks @Chaste Nole ! A question for you and WTF15. You both have an open ended design. I can see how that will help with pissing but does that not also allow your urethra to poke out past the cage and rub on your underwear? I currently have that issue with the cage I am wearing and hoping to prevent that if I invest in a custom cage.

5. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Hey there -no, no rubbing, or protruding issues. This time I was better with the measurements to Youming, and left enough room in the "head" of the cage to allow for typical morning wood expansion without protruding out. The trick for me was to use a set of calipers to take an accurate measurement for the "headroom", add 2mm for an offset of the glans ring and then 1.5" for some shaft length. Overall this comes to somewhere 2/3 to 3/4 of the normal max erect length but works well to prevent too much pressure pinching when aroused and not too much of a gap at the head when totally flaccid.
    This is really a big + for this kind of custom device.

6. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    I had this issue in a previous cage, but it has not yet been a problem with this new cage.

The unmodified BA-25 design has two horizontal bars that wrap around the front of the cage, which might tend to push the underwear further away from the end of the penis.

7. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:38 AM
    This is extremely timely, I have been considering the BA-25 and asking for a retainer ring rather than the PA hook and starting to think about what it would look like / sketch. Thanks for the input. I have been trying some self designed retainer ring tubes using my 3D printer and I have found how effective they are when sized just right.

8. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    this looks very interesting

9. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    Thanks for such an informative review! Can you tell me more about the retaining ring? I've seen that on the old Loris devices, but never from any other manufacturer.

10. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    I'm not sure what info you are looking for
    I specified the ring to be made from Titanium wire of 3mm diameter. The inside diameter is 26mm. This means the outside diameter is 32mm, which is only 3mm less than the inside diameter of the cage. This 3mm difference between the OD of the retaining ring and the ID of the cage seems to be about the practical minimum, as the edge of the glans tends to get caught in this small gap when installing the cage. I use the small end of a rat tail comb to poke and prod the edge of the glans when installing the cage to avoid pinching it.

The ring goes through a hole in a small rod that is welded to what would be the PA hook. See the pictures. The ring must have been welded together after fitting it through the hole in the rod, but the polishing was perfect. You can't see where the weld was made.

11. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the info! I'm going to contact them about a similar custom build and this is super helpful.

Do the cage and ring shift around and pinch, or are they pretty solid? How tight does the ring need to be to secure the penis? Like sized to the penis's smallest size? I'm a grower. How does the ring feel when the penis tries to get hard?

12. sb_andycb

sb_andycb Member

San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    Thank you both for the quality reviews. Very promising news! (Honestly wonder what made it take so long for a custom manufacturer to produce such a device.)

13. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Is the retaining ring fixed to the PA post or is it free to move forward and back as the penis shrinks (or is pulled) and grows? The latter is the Lori design I believe.

14. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    The one I have can move forward/backward (not a fixed post)

15. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    Which cage do you have?

16. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    It is the BA 03, modified to have the glans ring retainer

17. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    Aaah cool, so he built the ring to slide? Can you take some pics of the cage?

18. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Here is a picture of the cage and retaining ring, you can see it is slanted forward in the pic, it fully rotates back/forth. I was thinking that a fixe post may be better to keep "alignment" in the head of the cage otherwise have a bit of a spray when peeing due to significant turtling...

Attached Files:

19. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    Ah ok so you mean it can pitch forward and backward in the post it's attached to, I was confused I thought it could slide somehow.

Has anyone ever used these with a foreskin?

Danny15 likes this.
  20. Dreadlockcock

Dreadlockcock Member

Local Time:
    Also, those of you with retaining rings, where do you have the ring mounted? Like how far back from the tip should I specify?

21. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    I have it just behind the "head" snug on the glans and under the crown. This way it is secure against the wider part that prevents slip out.

22. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    Mine is fitted exactly the same way

23. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Does the retaining ring prevent pull-out or is it really just there to prevent turtling?

24. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    I am convinced that I could push some narrow item in between the bars to pull the top of the retaining ring forward and pull the penis free. But it takes significant effort to get the glans into the retaining ring, and I am certain that I could not do that with the cage installed. So, if I pulled out, I could not get the penis back in place again, and thus the pull-out would be detected.

This is no different than drilling out the lock to escape the cage. I have the tools to do that, but I could not undo the damage so it would be detected.

hardbodysub likes this.
  25. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks. So it best serves as a pull-out detection device for a KH's edification. Correct?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice