Getting to 40mm

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by CuriousAndy, Mar 29, 2022.

1. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:57 PM
    Sometimes you just need to give your self time to ajust to the change and let your body adapt.

2. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    7:57 AM
    Andy, as others have said, it's the gap size rather than the ring size that is key, but another factor is the ring shape. Most of my previous cages had kinda square ergonomically shaped rings (like the ones that come with HT cages) and I did have balls escaping from those. I recently switched to a cage that has a circular base ring and I think that is what really makes the difference. If you think about it, if the base ring is circular and obviously the base ring of the cage itself is circular, even though they have different diameters, it's still two circles, so there isn't a big gap at any point like you get with the HT base rings. Plus, the other killer difference that I have found is that you don't get pain from nocturnal erections. I always though cage size was the main factor here, but even wearing an HT Nub, which is tiny, I'd still get nighttime pain because my erection would just drag the whole cage up there with it, but this new cage doesn't allow that.

3. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    10:57 PM
    Well... I finally got to 40mm!!! :)

I got used to wearing the sanded modded 41-42mm ish HT ring all the time. So once that felt "normal" I stepped down to the 40mm HT ring (I have multiple sets of HT rings). There were no burning sensation problems. I gradually increased the time in a 40mm ring until I was wearing it all the time. My body seems to have gradually adjusted to the fit, or maybe it's just given up.

Everything looks much tighter and secure, with virtually no movement of the ring between being flaccid and attempted erections.

We recently went through a period with no unlocks allowed for cleaning (actually Goddesses period, during which there were no be no unlocks). So I switched into a steel cage with an open bar design that's much easter to keep clean than the HT... and a 40mm steel ring. The steel ring is circular rather than the oval of the HT ring, so it's a bit smaller and still had no problems (though with a slight mod).

The mod I made to the steel ring was to slightly fill in the holes where two stabilising pins from the cage fit (making them shallower). I had noticed that there was some looseness when the stabilising pins go into the ring, allowing the cage to pivot down under pressure, reducing the ring to cage gap. With the pin holes partly filled the cage is much more stable and pivoted up away from the bottom of the ring, so the ring to cage gab is a little bigger.

4. squier

squier Junior Member

tech consultant
    Germany, the wild south
    Local Time:
    Congratulations to You for getting to 40 mm.

Same for me, I changed from 40 as well
    Even if I did that not from 42 but from 45mm, I can confirm the better fit and its benefits like no slipping down, 100% no chance for erection.
    I ve been trying the 40er several times ago and it always went back into the drawer because of burning sensation and some oppressive discomfort in the whole area.
    It seems the body meanwhile adjusted to the 45er and the 40er is not longer problematical.

5. Cageboi

Cageboi Active member

Australia
    Local Time:
    I am also looking to go down a size. Sizes in the MM jail bird are 1 3/4 which is roughly 44m the next size down is 1 5/8 which is about 41mm. I am thinking that the oval shaped ring might be better with the smaller size for comfort and fit.

6. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Is there any advice to stop the ring pushing away from the body when becoming excited? Or do you need a belt to hold it in place? All my cages have done this to some degree no matter how tight the ring.

7. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    8:57 AM
    That is a good question. I do not have any belt and have no issues with my cage when my cock is trying to get hard. I sleep in my cage also and nocturnal erections are very strong and again I have 0 issues. All I feel is a lot pressure, but the cage stays in place.

That being said, there is a lot of tissue that gets flooded with blood when we get exited and so the whole package looks like it’s pushing away slightly from a body, but I don’t think that is an issue. At least not for me. It is more visual rather than comfort issue.

What was happening before I had a good cage was that my ring would slide forward and would scratch me and push on my testicles a lot. It was painful. With a properly fitted cage I have now, that is not happening and I am very comfortable.

What is import is the length of the cage and its shape. It is all about forces when a cock is pushing on the cage and the base ring has to hold it. I have Jail Bird and that cage is little curved and that helps in mitigating a force. Also, the cock really cannot grow. The force in the penile muscle is much much bigger if you allow that muscle to expand. If your cage prevents any growth, the force the muscle puts on it is much much smaller. That is very important.

In conclusion, the whole package kind of does poke out of the body slightly when I am trying to get hard, but that is more related to all tissues around and is just visual. The cage stays in place and does not push on my testicles. All I feel is a lot of pressure, but 0 pain. The belt could stop the visual push out of the body, but I don’t thin that would have much effect on the comfort of the cage itself.

8. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I have oval 1 5/8 in ring for my Jail Bird from MM and it is perfect for me. I could go down to 1 1/2 in, but I think that would be too tight when I get hard at night. My 1 5/8 in ring does clamps everything perfectly and stays in place, but it is not too crazy restrictive. I think there is a window in sizes and everyone has to just find their own that is comfortable, but also holds things in place. However, if the rest of the cage is not properly sized there is no way the ring can hold and it will not be comfortable. People often blame the ring, but it is the other measurements that are wrong. The ring is very important, but so is cock cage length, diameter and the gap.

9. IB-Chaste

Local Time:

Oh I see. So that sort of erection behind the base ring itself cannot be stopped. Least I know I’m not in the minority.

10. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
  11. IB-Chaste

Local Time:
    Guess the only way to get rid of that is to stay caged until your body no longer tries to get an erection… don’t see much fun in that though. I think I’ll learn to live with it!

12. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    all i have now is a little lump that is just above my cage when i am excite.

13. Cageboi

Cageboi Active member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Thanks, good advice, I do need the smaller ring to stop the cage sitting too low. The weight of the metal cage means it needs a snug fit.

Rectrix likes this.
  14. Chaste Bear

Chaste Bear Long term member

Liverpool, England
    Local Time:
    Order one of these, will keep the cage snug against the body.

Attached Files:

Cageboi likes this.
  15. Lisa43

Lisa43 Long term member

Retired
    USA,Maryland
    Local Time:
    7:57 AM
    I have found 50mm to be good for me and with a steel waist belt it is very secure, the belt removes the extra weight of the steel cage and makes the system tamper proof.

16. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    Does this contradict your rule of being able to only put one finger up to the knuckle under the ring? With a 40 mm ring I can sometimes get almost 2 fingers underneath it. With a 38 mm ring I can get one finger. That would lead me to think that I would need a 38 mm as my perfect ring size. However would I have an issue with that if I tried to wear the cage at night? Would I need to go up to the 40 instead?

17. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    #42 bemfem, Jul 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    you need to test. It is not exact science and everyone is different. Sleep in it and see. I would say that your ring is probably too big if you can put there 2 fingers, but you also said only sometimes. What is the typical feel? It doesn’t have to be exact just one finger up to the first knuckle, but it is a good first estimate. Also, the gap and length play the role and shape of the cage too effects how forces from erection distribute. I am thinking I will try 1 1/2in ring as my sack is quite stretched already, but I have 0 pain and no issues even at night. When I get really hard I can feel it, no pain, but if I go down the ring size it might be too much at night. That is why I did not make the move yet. I did shorten the gap, and that made the overall length shorter too. That did help with even less room for any growth. Because I am not circumcised, I need a little room for foreskin, but not much (~2mm maybe, my cage is really snuck) and when I am at work or outside I use nursing pads, so I have no issues with pinching.

18. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks @bemfem. Another question while I have your attention. I just ordered a custom cage and I went with 33mm for ID. My current off the shelf cage is 35mm ID and when totally flaccid, there is some room in there. Of course, when I get hard, I expand and even some out side the cage. I am concerned about the edema issues I read on here. I would say 33mm is probably 1mm bigger than my true flaccid circumference, but I have no idea if that will be too tight if I start to get hard (especially at night) or if that snugness will be better for keeping "the force" down. Thoughts?

19. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    #44 bemfem, Jul 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    How did you measure diameter? That is hard to measure actually. The best is to measure circumference with flexible measuring tape and compute diameter. That is much more accurate. Or to use measuring rings. All measurements should be done when flaccid. Not after cold or hot shower, not after running or gym. Do not involve your keyholder. You don't want to be excited. Watch cartoons on TV and then measure. Normal flaccid state. The diameter rings on the cage should not compress the penis, but penis should touch it. I have this type of cage with an extra ring, because my wile likes the look of it (Jail Bird from Mature Metal). When she sees me naked she often comments that it looks like a jewelry, very pretty and snug. If your penis touches the cock cage, you will have no issues and no need to worry about edema. You don't want restriction. There is no need for going crazy small with the cage. Just make it touching penis, nice and snug.
    addtext_com_MTcxNjUyMzU4OTY.jpg

My penis perfectly touches my cage in diameter and length when flaccid.

Without foreskin, the penis glans should touch bars. With foreskin too, but it is a bit more complicated, because that skin has to be somewhere. My penis glans (almost) touches the bars and my foreskin is protruding out a bit slightly. With inverted bars on Jail Bird (see picture) the top and bottom bars go over left and right bars.
    addtext_com_MTcyMjQyMzU5MzE.jpg
    My glans is touching the higher left to right bar and even though the foreskin is still getting out a bit the top and bottom bars mostly protect it. When I am at work, gym, or biking I use nursing pads in my underwear and that absolutely stops pinching. When I sleep, I have learned to turn and slide my penis on the bedsheet that I don't get pinched either. I sleep like a baby until 4am or so when my nocturnal erection wakes me up. I go pee and back to bed. I have really no issues with my cage except a slight discomfort from time to time depending on weather and activity. It is still metal devise over my private parts, but I am now in the state where I even forget I have it often. I almost eliminated ointment for the base ring also now. I might apply a bit before night or after morning shower when I go to work and that is all. When I started, I had to lube the base ring constantly. When I swim in a Lake, I have to use ointment after because water actually dries skin out.

LulledIntoSubmission likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice