Air Travel Warning re Plastic & Silicone Devices

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by finallyChaste, Sep 16, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. finallyChaste

finallyChaste Procrastinating Sub

Local Time:
    3:52 PM
    I recently flew out of Salt Lake City. By chance, I was not wearing any device at the time -- normally I am in a Birdlock. After removing all metal from my pockets, I went to the screening machine. Quickly, I was told: "Sorry sir, but you must remove EVERYTHING from your pockets. This device is sensitive even to paper, plastic and the like." I removed some paper and plastic which I had left in my pockets and proceeded without further incident. I have little doubt that, had I been wearing my silicone Birdlock, even with a plastic seal rather than its usual metal lock, I would have been subjected to a classic embarrassing "airport strip search". I understand that these new, enhanced, scanning devices are in the process of being installed in other airports throughout the country, including an airport near you.

Moral of the story: The idea that a plastic (or silicone) chastity device, secured by a plastic seal rather than a metal lock, will be undetected by the TSA metal detectors, and permit one to travel by air without complications, has become obsolete.

finallyChaste

2. montreal_cuck

montreal_cuck Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is disappointing, however not altogether surprising. I always found it weird that those scanners only detected metal, considering there is a slew of dangerous stuff that isn't metal - and while it is disappointing that I won't be able to travel chaste anymore, I do think the security is worth the annoyance. Thanks for the heads up - probably saved me a very embarrassing few hours :)

3. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    12:52 PM
    I have actually volunteerd to be scanned by one of those machines before. Luckily it was before chastity days. Oh that would have been pretty funny.
    I think its probably a little risky to wear something like a birdlocked during travel anyway.
    I remember being stuck on airports for 3 days last year during he snowstorms. I cant imagine being unable to remove the device for cleaning etc for that long.

4. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    It depends on your willingness to be outed. If you use a plastic lock and don't mind the embarrassment you can try it and if they discover the device try to persuade them to leave it on. If not you can break the lock to get through security and then replace it.

Myself - when I travel alone I am locked until I get to the airport. I go to the bathroom before security, take a photo and send it to my Wife. Then I remove the lock and device to go through security and then I go to the first bathroom and replace the device with a new plastic lock and take a photo clearly showing the number and send it again to my Wife.

This I repeat for the return journey. This uses 4 plastic locks but my Wife knows exactly when the locks are removed and replaced. Plus She can ask anytime for me to send a pic of the device locked on to ensure no cheating while away. This works for us.

5. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh good idea!

6. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:52 PM
    Hmmm, i am still trying to find a positiv aspect of the news ... seemes there is no advantage for those with plastic devices towards us metal belt wearers any longer when it comes to airport scanners. We are both to be detected and exposed now ...

I just wonder if there will be a time when security guards at the airport will not even raise an eyebrow when we pass safely locked in our devices ... :blink:

maid katrin

7. montreal_cuck

montreal_cuck Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Now that'd be a world I'd want to live in! :)

8. maid katrin

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Me too, mee too .... LOL

9. Smaug

Smaug Member

Local Time:
    I heard of a person who's wife would put him in a diaper, taped for security as she could tell if he tampered with it, before flying instead of his neosteel belt. I bet that will also be detectable, but I suppose one could just claim incontinence. Since the underwear bomber, I wonder if they would want to check the diaper?

10. ckt1000

ckt1000 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Whew!!! Good to know as I leave for a trip on Monday.

11. m2s

m2s Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    Individuals in the US do have the right to opt out of the new enhanced body screening machines that are appearing at airports around the country. Once you're motioned toward the new machines (they're visibly different from the metal detectors) just tell the TSA agent that you're opting out. In place of the scan, you will receive a pat-down from an agent of your same gender that (depending on how thorough) may or may not alert them to your device.

12. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    I am getting on a domestic flight Saturday and had intended to wear my CB6k as I had in the past, thanks for the heads up! I wonder if they'd do a bag check if they saw the JailBird in my bag?

I'm traveling by domestic air again in the second weekend in October, then again the last weekend of October on an international, and again in December domestic.... I had intended on being locked this whole time but it sounds like that won't fly :( (pun intended)

13. her_pantyboy

her_pantyboy Active member

Construction
    Fort Laudedale
    Local Time:
    i flew out last monday on a domestic flight and was in my cb6000s locked with a numbered plastic lock and had no issues. i went through security and the metal detector not one of those new enhanced body screening machines.

i was very nervous going through, like everyone there knew i was in chastity.

i am returning in a few weeks and now i'm not sure what to do on the return trip. i'm in a numbered lock for my_Keyholder, i guess i could ask Her if i could take it off at the airport, or i could just try again and go through the detector. What do you think?

14. maid katrin

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Does that mean in my case they would provide a transsexual agent??? *giggle*

maid katrin

15. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:52 PM
    I was wondering the same thing katrin. Providing an agent with the same gender could get complicated with some of us. It could keep the attorneys and judges busy for quite a long time to assure this kind of equity.

16. Aniyan

Aniyan Member

California
    Local Time:
    Gosh I really am not happy to hear that! We're traveling next week out of LAX. My wife/Mistress wants me to wear a plastic tube with a plastic rod through my frenum piercing. ...Sounds as if I need to direct her to this board. :(

17. her_pantyboy

her_pantyboy Active member

Construction
    Fort Laudedale
    Local Time:
    i flew out Sept. 7 on a domestic flight and was in my cb6000s locked with a numbered plastic lock and had no issues. i went through security and the metal detector not one of those new enhanced body screening machines.

i was very nervous going through, like everyone there knew i was in chastity.

i am returning Oct 12 now and i'm in a numbered lock for my_Keyholder, so will see what happens.

18. londonhusband

londonhusband New member

Local Time:
    Let's be clear here, a metal detector only detects metal.

I believe the advice that the poster received at the gate was false. Possibly the security person lide to make them to empty their pockets to make any body search easier and faster. As well as being done when the detector does go off, the body searches are done randomly, even if the metal detector does not go off.

The idea that paper would set it off seems very implausible to me since it is basically made out of the cellulose, as are cotton clothes.

19. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    I think the posters are referring to the full body xray scanners we have in the US (not the standard metal detectors). They see through clothes and can see all your bits. A chastity cage would stick out like a sore thumb to the person reviewing the xray.

20. Aniyan

Aniyan Member

California
    Local Time:
    I think that it's gotten to the point that if one wishes or one's keyholder wishes that chastity control continue despite travel, that an encounter with TSA airport security has to be taken into account.

I found this chronicle on tpe.com - http://www.tpe.com/~...oy/nt030333.htm. Despite the early date, it is a full-on encounter with security and describes what can be expected. What strikes me is that if you can handle the embarrassment, it isn't so bad:

March 2003 - True Airport Security Encounter; Submitted by: anon
    I live a 24-7 lifestyle with my wife of 16 yrs, and have been belted for almost 12 yrs now. We have several different designs that we use including Neosteel, SCC Birdcage and the plastic device called the Curve. I travel with my job about 12-16 weeks a year, and air travel is a must. The stainless steel devices are used during my home stays or when my business trips do not require air travel.

When traveling by air, I have worn the CB-2000 and now use the Curve as my chastity device. They have never failed me, and with the use of a 2nd plastic numbered lock attached to my Prince Albert, escape was never in question. Things were fine until.............

I left on a business trip to Europe, by air, go through U.S. airport security and all is fine. I am there a week on business, have very successful business dealings, and no trouble with any part of wearing the "Curve."

On my departure, I go through pass-port control, and airport security with no problems. My chastity devise is not detected by the metal detectors, and I'm ready to go to my gate and travel home.

As I walk to my departure gate, there is a detour - a 2nd set of security has been set up for a 2nd inspection. I walk through the detector, again, no problem, but security wants to do a mandatory wand check on all passengers for this flight.

The agent wands me and hits the bottom of the "Curve" in the crotch of my pants, and realizes a hard object and demands an immediate inspection. My heart is pounding like crazy, but I remain calm, and as I walk with him to the inspection room, I tell him that it is a "male chastity device made of plastic, my wife likes me to wear it when I travel."

We walk into a small room with another guard, and I showed then both the device. They were surprised beyond belief, and then, as polite as could be, they directed me to the gate. I was quite relieved, I knew that they had never seen anything like this before, but it wasn't a weapon, and they could see through it. I knew I was going to be the talk of security that day.

Upon arrival in the USA, I cleared customs and was walking to my connecting flight gate, when again I had to clear a secondary security check. Again I was selected to be given a wand inspection, and again it hit a hard object in a my pants. Once more, I had to tell security about it being a chastity device, worn for the concerns of my wife. They also looked as surprised as could be, as I dropped my pants and they gave it very fast inspection. Like before, they were completely suprised, and they hurried me out, allowing me to proceed to my gate.

Twice in one day was almost more than I could handle, and upon arrival at home I informed my wife that from now on, I could no longer travel while being locked in a device for air travel. She said we must come up with a new plan.

For now, until I can come up with a better solution, I will travel with the SCC Birdcage in my luggage, and one plastic numbered lock. Upon arrival to my room the cage must go on and be locked, and I must take a digital camera picture with the time and date. Then, just before leaving the I must take another picture time and date stamped picture showing the lock in place before I can remove it. I believe that by acting calm and telling the inspectors the truth I avoided any problems with the law. But I would not want to test the system any further. I did not arrouse any other questions or looks by any other passangers.

21. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    My pet will be traveling from the UK to the US on the 25th of October. I told him he may leave his CB off for the flight for comfort (I know..I'm so sweet ;) ), but his collar will remain on. Of course, there really is no choice in the matter since it is locked and secured. He can't remove it.

He will tell security that it is a permanent collar and can not be removed so they will have to wand him down, or whatever they do. I guess if worse comes to worse, they will have to cut if off. This would only happen if he would be missing his flight because of the issue...I would be heartbroken if it had to come to that, but if it needs to be done then so be it.

I've spoken to many people about this over the past 6 months, since knowing he would be traveling here. Slaves that have non-removable jewelry have told me their accounts. No one has had an issue, other than needing to be upfront and polite about the situation. Like, "I want to let you know, I am GOING to set off the metal detectors. It is my locking collar. It is not removable and my Mistress (hehe) has the only key." Everyone has told me that it has caused only raised eyebrows, sideways glances, and a few giggles, but nothing serious.

Trust me. These people see it all and are very nice as long as you are nice and polite about it.

Edited to add:

And a little bit of embarrassment for him is not a reason for him to not wear his collar or his CB. In fact, it tickles me to the core to think of him saying "My Mistress has the only key for my collar." Wish I could pay someone to record that conversation!!

22. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'll see what i can do bout the convo.

But yeah Mistress Jen has it right. I'm giving plently of time to check in. If anyone asks I'm just going to say its something I wear as a lifestyle choice. I will be polite and nice to the people. If they say "YOU HAVE TO REMOVE IT..." I will have to say "go get some bolt cutters then as thats the only way it will be coming off"... And I will be very upset if it has to come off. I think i would be begging them "No please... let it stay on... to me its like a ring you give to your other half. it has so much meaning. PLEASE don't destroy it..."

but tbh... i think i'll have no problem.
    If i beep as i go through the scanner, I'll just explain. Its a pet collar. I can not remove it without tools. Wand/pat me down. Its like like wearing a PA while going though.

EDIT:
    Jen has been so kind for me not to wear my CB on the flight out. But i think i might pack it in my hand luggage and ask about it. If they gonna ask about my collar, I might as well take the opportunity and say "I normally wear this... what issues would i have wearing it on the way back?"
    Hey if they gonna ask, thats the time to ask other questions :p

23. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    With the current heightened state of terror threats in operation in the UK and i believe in the USA due to the recent discovery of plans to attack targets in Germany France and the UK you might expect more attention to a non removable collar that could conceivably hold and conceal enough explosive to decompress an aircraft....... After all what does a terrorist look like?? i hope there is no issue but don't be surprised if you get turned away from your flight if you cannot remove the collar for x-Ray inspection.

They require women to remove boots and both sexes to remove belts. A collar will be a departure from the everyday so it may well arouse their paranoia!

i think i would contact the airport authority in advance.. Hope all goes well!!! :)

24. wishful4

wishful4 Member

Local Time:
    I would agree with cockislocked. If you want a hasslefree travel experience, I would avoid anything that may draw attention to you, especially right now. Being involved with the travel industry for many years, I can tell you that the officers & screeners have an extremely boring job and they live for something to happen out of the ordinary. Don't give them any ammunition. They are like customs and play by their own rules. You are completely at their mercy if they want to hassle you.

25. Aniyan

Aniyan Member

California
    Local Time:
    Went through security at LAX, Southwest Air on Thursday 7 October in the AM ...without any encumbrence. B)

First, there were none of the new back-scatter X-ray reveal everything scanners installed there. Second, the TSA staff was downright friendly and helpful! At least at the moment, if you're flying Southwest out of LAX, plastic chastity devices are no problem!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice