picking the lock?

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by efedorsj, Jul 25, 2010.

1. efedorsj

efedorsj Member

Local Time:
    9:41 PM
    i'd like to get a neosteel belt one day however a friend of mine picked a padlock right in front of my eyes at work. is the abus lock very secure? how about the other round lock they offer?

2. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    10:41 PM
    Every lock could be picked, it's just matter of time/patience and right tools. Probably abus too. Round lock is not a lock and it can be opened easily even without tools.
    You could always change lock to a better one (although abus seems to be a good quality).
    If security is a concern I would recommend to order seal bolts (20€) instead of normal ones - see here: http://www.neosteel.de/Nsepseal.htm

3. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    I found it quite easy to pick a three lever padlock from simple instructions on the internet so I was intending to go along the Tollyboy route. However, I succumbed to an unused My-Steel on eBay which has a small simple three lever padlock.

You may think I'm daft but the design of the My-Steel means that there is no way the padlock can be turned so the wearer can see the keyhole and, with the keyhole pointing away from you, it appears to require far more skill - more than I can muster anyway! :blink:

On another thread, someone suggested numbered tamper-proof seals which can be stuck across the keyhole, thus preventing anyone with the required skill picking the lock and/or making illicit use of the emergency key.

4. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Tollyboy - means tubular lock? Same as on Lori devices and Kensigton locks?
    It's even more easy, and you do not need any special tools (!). Only ball-point pen and roll of toilet paper.
    Abus lock is a WAY more secure (and by the way: it's four lever lock).

5. one900goat

one900goat Junior Member

Local Time:

Warning: this post contains spoilers. :p

None of those are "lever" locks. MySteel and Neosteel are both pin tumbler locks, with 3 and 4 pins respectively. Tollyboy locks are tubular locks, with likely 7 pins (but I've never seen one up close).

Both the MySteel and Neosteel locks can be picked relatively easily, but more importantly, they can be opened even more quickly using bump keys.

Tubular locks (e.g., Tollyboy) can be quickly picked with either your own makeshift pick (e.g., needles, some rubber bands, and something of equal size of the bore) or by using a commercial pick--either approach will open the lock quickly, and in the case of the commercial picks, will allow you to retain the picked "key" and reuse it without repicking. Alternatively, just use a tubular decoder once you've picked it and get a key made at a locksmith.

If you're clever, you can probably also find a way to shim Neosteel and MySteel locks even though the shackle openings are partly obstructed by the shackle guard.

This troubled me, too, and it's why I at the very least got the seal bolts with my neosteel. I'll likely try to retrofit an Abus 75/30 EC in the future, as I'm led to believe it uses dimple keys and it has relatively similar (albeit longer) dimensions when compared to the 60/30 that ships with Neosteels.

I've been casually on the lookout for a disc tumbler lock or a medeco lock that fits within the dimensions, but since both forms of lock are typically for high-security, the locks they make are massive and heavy. The feasible option would be using simply a cylinder and do some sort of metalwork to make something to bridge those cylinders with the belt.

I might also try to find a way to fit an American Lock padlock on it, since some are extremely light (i.e., body is aluminum), use ball bearings, and are rekeyable, but, once more, they use pin tumblers.

It sucks knowing too much about security / locks and being into chastity; but, then again, maybe that's part of the reason why I'm so thrilled by the idea of being locked up :p

6. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    4:41 PM
    It appears that picking locks is as easy as using a key, apparently theres even a website to show you how to do it, just ask My sissy missy, she can tell you ALL about it, cant you missy????

Mistress Michelle

7. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

Personally my own opinion on this is if you think you want to pick the lock... don't ask to be locked up in the first place!

I do realise that some people need to feel they are "completely locked away without any means of escape" but the reality is there is some way to escape every device on the market as has been mentioned here. Just the right tools and time.

8. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    I am in total agreement with Mistress Watchful. This is also one of those things that I could never understand.....you've asked (or probably begged and pleaded with) your S/O to lock you up....for what?? So you could prove to yourself that you can play Houdini? Why spend all that money on devices if the ultimate goal is to get out of it? This is simply a rhetorical question and not directed at any one person in particular.

9. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    i agree with Mistress Emma and Ms. Linda. Why would you want to know that? you may as well just have a key. i just don't get it. A Domme/Dom or KH puts a huge amount of Their time and a lot of effort into this. In turn the LEAST a submissive can do is abide by Their rules. In a true emergency it only takes a set of bolt cutters to cut the lock off. Then you would be caught NO SHIT Sherlock. Before you asked to be locked you should have ask yourself, am i truly a submissive or am i only submissive when I want to be submissive? i cheated once as most of you know and the disappointment and hurt i caused both MM and myself, not to mention the guilt i felt and the trust i broke made me realize very quickly it's just not worth it. The way i see it if you can do it without feeling that then you just have NO respect for the Domme/Dom that holds the key for you.

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

10. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    I'm one of these people who need that feeling, so ordered seal bolts in addition to normal lock.

When spending thousand euro these 20€ are not big deal and gives me 100% security.

Of course everything can be CUT, but it will be noticeable (seal bolts) or too expensive (I didn't want to damage my belt).

As to the lock picking: I tried, but without right tools it's not so easy to deal with german lock - I failed (and I feel safe because of that, and my wife too).

Kind Regards
    F.

PS.: I do not understand how you can have a key. So the belt is not needed at all. I want to be submissive not only because I want it and mentally agree to be submissive but also need to force myself - what torment could I have if I would have key? Nothing. I do not believe myself in such situations and I do not trust - even with consent but this is/should be forced chastity (my Mistress should have power over me, not me politely agree to be chastitised).

11. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    i do not see the point of picking the lock .
    what is the point of giving up the keys just to pick the lock .
    however i would like to have a lock that i could not pick . just to know the only way to be unlocked is to be given permission and the keys

12. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    i do not see the point of picking the lock .
    what is the point of giving up the keys just to pick the lock .
    however i would like to have a lock that i could not pick . just to know the only way to be unlocked is to be given permission and the keys

13. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Tell me that another more time. :rolleyes:
    I would agree.
    I even agree now.
    I would like to have a lock that I could not pick too.
    Also just to know the only way to be unlocked is to be given permission and the keys.
    But how to check that I could not pick the lock?
    By experience.
    By picking.
    Just to be sure.
    So did you see the point of picking the lock now? ;)

14. Rachel

Local Time:
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't know how to pick a lock and don't care to know.

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

15. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    No, no, no, no, no! The whole point is to prove that you can't play Houdini. That's the only way She gets the thrill of knowing that Her control is total and you get the mind mushing erotic frustration of knowing that there's absolutely nothing you can do about that frustration no matter how hard you try!!

16. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    Exactly! If you have to just pretend that you can't pick the lock and be out with very little effort, it's not really "forced" chastity, is it? The device is just a decoration. I need a system which cannot be defeated short of taking a Dremel tool to the lock and destroying it. It would be like the difference between handcuffs/shackles you can't get out of versus a looser cuff you can slip off if you try. Since the small padlocks are not all that secure, some sort of numbered seal or label is a big improvement for very little cost.

17. Rachel

Local Time:
    Ok i understand. Now please try to understand what i am saying. i DON'T know how to pick a lock and i am not going to learn just so i can defeat something i want to be in to begin. i could look it up on the net and find out how to but to do that so i can tell MM hey You can't really make me do this just seems stupid to me. i can also look up instructions on how to build a pipe bomb but i don't desire to know that either. Why would i want to learn something i don't want to use to begin with. i would rather spend my time finding ways to please Mistress not disappoint Her. That is something i can learn and use.

MM's sweetpea
    rachel

18. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's a very good way of looking at things rachel. :)

For the OP, and others who need to "know" that there is no escape and they are being "forced" (ohhhhh that's another long conversation!) I'm not sure there is anyway to prove if a device is or isn't 100% secure.

I think the next best thing, as has already been said, is to ensure that if escape happens, it is not able to be hidden, or the device replaced. That in itself should help deter any escape thoughts in the first place.

19. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    I can understand this. However, I find locks fascinating, in addition to erotic. And I like to know how things work. When the Internet first started to become widely available, one of the "cool things to do" was to read the MIT guide to lock picking, which I did. So now I can pick locks. Sometimes, it's fun to know stuff, even if it later comes back to haunt you when you are trying to find an inescapable chastity device.

20. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    I can understand it too but it isn't enough for my Goddess to trust me not to look up how to pick a lock and it isn't enough for me to know that I could probably get out if I cared to look up how to do it.

What is the point of spending several hundred £ or € or $ if the only reason it stays on is willpower? You might just as well make a cardboard replica and tie it on with string!![​IMG] Of course there are always ways but we're talking here only of ways to remove it, have fun and replace it without detection.

It has to be remembered that a lot of folks of both sexes are into chastity as an aspect of D&S and that means an exchange of power and, inevitably, control. Who doesn't find it erotic to wear a chastity belt? A very minute percentage, I bet! Who doesn't get frustrated? An even smaller percentage no doubt. That frustration will inevitably lead to a desire to get out of the "accursed contraption"[​IMG] and that is where the total inability to do so ramps the experience up to a higher level for both partners.

If you can get out (and back in without detection) but choose not to, you will never, ever reach that level of frustration and She will never reach the level of control which goes way beyond "Yes Dearest - I promise not to be a naughty boy".

21. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    1:41 PM
    Ok, spoiler inside... I made a video of just how fast these locks can be opened using nothing more than a bobby pin....

22. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    Locked!
    Noooo... That is just way to easy!

Now i am almost tempted to try it.
    Except i think i would not see an orgasm for a year if she found out.

23. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    Lucky for me we're just now getting back in to things and I'm not in my device at present, I'm doing a little security recon to make sure it's secure this go-round, somewhere someone posted about some stickers to block the keyway.... I'm on the hunt... It's either that, or plastic numbered locks... but I think the brass lock looks better and the sticker route is likely more economical...

It is way too easy though for sure.... Kind of disappointing... [​IMG]

24. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    I don't know how secure this design is - but you've got to love the name!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    Mark121 started a thread about them here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice