The Male Chastity Blog and Rudeness

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by rfdehaan, Sep 8, 2010.

1. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    I have been quite a supporter of Sarah Jameson and her endeavors.
    Today I received my daily blog posting from her, frought with the keywords "Husband in Chastity".
    I attempted to send her an email letting her know it was coming across as spammy, understanding she is trying to get rankings in the search engines.
    Since she no longer accepts emails, I posted to her moderated blog, knowing that others would not see some friendly advice.

And what I received in return:
    On 07/09/2010 23:06, thinkiq0@box463.bluehost.com wrote:

I've barred your comment. Please don't make any more like this. They are not welcome.

I am really not interested in your opinion.

Sarah.

--
    Sarah Jameson

So, I thought others might want to know that she may not be as she seems.
    Or she at least takes criticism very, very poorly, no matter how constructive.

Oh well, I will unsubscribe from her Ad/Blog, and of course will be notifying our favorite search engine of her irrelevant spam tactics.

Thank you Sarah, you have shown me the errs of my ways.

2. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    She was banned from here if I remember correctly. I think they added the 'grumpy' mood button just for her! :)

3. Mistress Spike

Mistress Spike Slettebak

Local Time:
    LMAO!

Yeah, not sure if you were around when she was in her hay day on here and showed her true colours. She had a knack for making people feel unwelcome and constantly played the devil's advocate. She made it very apparent that all she wanted to do was to argue with people because apparently she knew much more than everyone else.

4. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    Yes, it's a shame that someone who writes so eloquently and well is also intolerably rude. In some exchanges we had here on the mansion, she made it pretty clear that her only interest in participation was to build more hits on her own blog, and consequently, her own book. It's strictly a profit making venture. She's struck a very successful balance between reality, and enough erotica to make her book a very attractive product. Marketing done very well... but then again, that's what she and her husband purportedly do for a living.

I find her writing on her own blog to be very thoughtful, insightful and interesting. It's too bad that her own personality seems nothing like her persona in her blog. She has little patience for anything related to Chastity play that isn't of her own preference. As an individual, she seems intolerant, opinionated, boorish and rude. Of course, that just keeps the subby boys coming, doesn't it? lol :p

5. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    I do agree with a lot of what has been said so far... she writes amazingly well, I'm sure the e-book is a very good and informative read for Vanillas who are interested in chastity (Although I HATE those e-book adverts around the net - 10 THINGS YOU MUST SAY, HOW TO NOT BECOME A SISSY IN THE PROCESS, THE ULTIMATE WAY TO PRESENT YOUR CHASTITY DREAM...) reminds me of those food machine infomercials on at 3 am!

But it really pushes home the difference between Vanillas and Kinksters.

If a Vanilla doesn't like something they will use derogatory terms, become very defensive, and generally be a bit bolshy.

If a Kinkster doesn't like something they will say "hey, your kink isn't my kink, but good on you, do what makes you happy".

I've nothing against Vanillas per se, but they really need to chill out and enjoy the ride. (I know Goddess Jen agrees with me wholeheartedly on this one!)

Live and let live, I'm sure she's a good person really, but everyone needs to earn a living!

Ms Emma aka Ms Watchful aka Twittering Harpie with a Stupid Title :p

6. Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:28 PM
    I've been following her blog for a while as initially, I thought it well written and fun to read but it has now evolved into one long marketing thread for her book - which is pretty tedious as it's just her view of the world and - as everyone else has said on here - no room for any other way of doing things. Stick with Lucy Fairbourne for advice - at least you wont get the rudeness, intolerance and lectures. I think even the subbiest subby would get pissed off with that!

MistressMagick likes this.
  7. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    1:28 AM
    Well said. I have considered myself as kinkster even till now, but now I know for sure :)

8. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thank you all for your support on this.
    My wife and I do have Lucy Fairbourne's book and agree, her's is very well done.

It is truly unfortunate that what could be a wonderful resource for male chastity has become nothing more than a marketing ploy.

9. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    To be perfectly fair, I think Sarah's book is probably quite good, and an excellent resource for vanilla wives who are game enough to read 200+ pages about chastity. I just wouldn't buy it because I think she's an asshole, not because I think it would be a bad book. lol

Regarding her making money... I don't have any problem with it. She identified a market. She invested a lot of effort. If she makes some money, good for her.

My issue with her is really about "community" and about tolerance. I enjoy The Mansion because we've built a sense of community here. Her interest was solely in building a market. When she saw the opportunities for that here were poor, she just let her true colors show before she left. She's not interested in all of the aspects of chastity play out there. She's only interested in those that reinforce her own version. Anything else is foolishness. Unfortunately, her skilled writing appeals to more vanilla chastity players, making her quite interesting to many, which seems to be fueling an epic ego trip at the moment. She gets more snarky and intolerant as the days go on.

10. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    I wish I had copied the post I made to her.
    I in fact DID support her efforts at making money via her book, and marketing it via her blog.
    That is a well done plan.

Amongst the support I gave her I also gave her some advice, that overusing a phrase can be seen by many as 'spammy'.

For kicks today I used a popular Word Processing software app to count the instances of the phrase "Husband in Chastity".

26 times, in a 2 page document. Many of the sentences in which it was used made little sense outside of "can you use that in a sentece?"

Keyword saturation? To the extreme.

Again, I do not minimize the efforts she has put in to her book, and her expectation to make a profit from it.
    Nor do I criticise a need to market it.

I simply thought she may want some advice on how her posting came across to her readers.

I guess I won't bother with that, or her, anymore.

11. shane67

shane67 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Sarah is just an extreme case of "not my kink." The irony of course (though she would never see it nor care to) is that the rest of the world probably lumps her with the rest of us weirdos.

12. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    I only came across her site recently when someone else linked to it. I hadn't realised she'd had a presence here.
    Firstly, it was clear she was interested in making money. I don't begrudge her that at all but it did detract from what she was trying to achieve. OK so she would want my email address but making out that I was missing out by not reading 'all about it in the newsletter sign up here!' every two seconds is far from endearing. Even more so her attitude towards the people who, potentially, are her market. I was amazed at the rants she would go on about people who had emailed her, the lack of professionalism dumbfounding. There is just no need for her to respond to the things she doesn't like.
    She turned me off almost immediately, it's no wonder he hasn't come for so long. Personality as a form of Male Chastity...sorry to have ruined the ebook. ;)

*Goes to change mood*

edit:gah, I was hoping for 'Bitchy'

13. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    12:28 AM
    It amuses me how she slated our site......and yet stole our sites slogan [​IMG]

14. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    "Be careful what you wish for" can be used in many scenarios.
    Perhaps she wishes to be well known and 'the talk of the community'.
    If that is the case it appears that in this community she has received her wishes.

15. GhostUser

GhostUser New member

Local Time:
    10:28 PM
    Hey! Not all Vanillas are like that!

I find that saying "I don't understand." is sometimes interpreted as, "You are a freak." Everyone needs to take a breath and listen sometimes.

Whatever floats your boat.

GhostUser

16. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    As I was once told: God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefore we should listen twice as much as we speak.

I find tolerance toward a 'group' of people to work best for me.
    It is the individuals among them that set themselves aside.

17. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    True! I shouldn't answer so early in the morning before I've had coffee.

You are right, not all Vanillas are judgemental of our lifestyle, but the ones who are seem to be very vocal about it (Tabloids, sensationalism, look at those freaks, she's a murdering prostitute... err no, she was a Pro Domme who had a client with a dicky ticker!!)

I think most people have a touch of kink, so you are right. I apologise to all "pure" Vanillas, if there is such a thing. B)

As for the quote "Be Careful What You Wish For" I have a feeling it is a Proverb, so no-one can truly lay claim to it.

18. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    She may have discovered a very powerful kink of her own.... MONEY.

Once you get into trying to make money out of people online, your view of them is clouded.

They become dollars instead of people.

19. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I'm not so sure. I subscribe to the malechastityblog, like it, but had a lot of difficuty (now resolved) getting Newsletter & back issues coming to me now in bits and pieces. I think it has potential, but time will tell. I'd like to go where she appears to want to go, but don't have the time due to vanilla commitments. But if her posts are coming up to some people as spam, it'll need addressed...

20. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    No, no, no.

My apologies.
    I never intended to say her posts WERE spam.
    In fact I found her posts very much to my liking (except her view on religion, for someone who says "to each their own" she fires away at those who believe in a higher power).

What the issue was is that I sent her a message after receiving ONE post that really did over-use a phrase, which is a trigger for "put me on top for these keywords please Mr. Search Engine", which I told her (nicely) 'could' come across as spam, and I would not want people to perceive her as such.

The reply I received was, as quoted in my original post, that my comment was unwelcome and she was not interestd in my opinion.

She is entitled to that, such as I am entitled to warn people that what COULD be a great resource for those of us interested in chastity, is really a woman who is basically rude to those who could help make her more successful.

Not to be crass, but even dogs are smart enough not too poop where they eat.

21. lockednloaded

lockednloaded Senior Member

Local Time:
    Hmmm.....

From: http://www.articlesbase.com/sexuality-articles/using-male-chastity-stories-to-break-the-ice-with-your-partner-1287420.html

So is Sarah "Jameson" really Sarah "Collins"?

Her http://www.malechastityblog.com is very similar to: http://www.malechastitylifestyle.com/

Except on malechastitylifestyle she says she is a "professional dominatrix"....

22. rfdehaan

rfdehaan Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hard to say.

The 'Lifestyle' domain is registered to:
    Registrant:
    Cindy English
    1083 Fountain Lake Dr.
    Brunswick, Georgia 31525
    United States

while the blog is a private registration:
    Registrant Info: (FAST-12785240)
    Attn: malechastityblog.com 1,500 GB Space and 15,000 Monthly Bandwidth.
    BlueHost.Com INC
    1958 South 950 East
    ** FREE DOMAIN REGISTRATION **
    Hosting plans starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
    Provo, Utah 84604
    United States
    Phone: +1.8017659400
    Fax..: +1.8017651992
    Email: whois@bluehost.com
    Last modified: 2010-09-13 15:22:54 GMT

23. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    Hmmm...

Cindy English
    36 articles and 8942 total views.

Cindy English LOVES the Internet!

She enjoys being the author and publisher of a handful of websites on topics that are near and dear to her.

She finds the world to be as varied and contradictory as the websites she authors. Publishing is fun and fulfilling release.

Visit her controversial website called: "Our Cheating Ways" Her question: Our cheating ways...are they an unpardonable sin or just human nature? Join the debate at:Cheating Ways

Other sites she is proud of are: Male Chastity Lifestyle, Beach Wedding Themes, All Florida Beach Weddings, BYO Solar Energy and Tips On Car Insurance.

No mention of the blog there...

24. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    Look, I don't give a flying *BLEEP* who she is, or who she claims to be. She's a downright intolerable bitch, and I did a happy dance the day she got banned.

Abso friggin lutey!!!!

25. tightlockup

tightlockup Junior Member

Local Time:
    I know this has been beat to death, but the PDF downloadable here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjackhumphrey.com%2Fasccasestudiesfinal.pdf&ei=N6WXTJtqwoCUB7zDtdQF&usg=AFQjCNFAv1F8NBC_By7I1Onq6NEHxSNlRQ

has her picture and other details. About halfway down. It's about how the marketer worked with her cheating website.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice