Lack of sex drive but enjoys sex?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Anonoman, Feb 27, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    9:08 AM
    Just wondering if anybody is in the same position as me? My wife has a particularly low sex drive. I’d say it was actually bordering on non existent. But when we do have sex (as in PIV or I pleasure her) she really enjoys it and always orgasms. She even can be quite adventurous with toys! Blind fold and even a faux leather straight jacket! But then it’s like trying to show a cat something - to initiate sex again.
    Is this a lack of confidence? Asexual? A lack of desire for me? Hormones?
    We’ve talked about it, well, I’ve tried to. There always seems to be some reason she doesn’t want to. To tired. Should have had a shower earlier. Just doesn’t want to. Rather watch rubbish on the television and then come to bed late.
    I feel like saying to her that at some point I’m going to simply give up trying.
    :(
    Sorry, rant over...

sonhee, KBS, Consensus and 3 others like this.
  2. Abstraction

Abstraction Force of nature
    Verified Female

big brain
    Local Time:
    @Anonoman, hugs for you. No need to apologise for the rant.

There could be all kinds of reasons - tiredness for real, seasonal slump (it can hit people really hard this time of year), hormonal slump.

Low self-esteem might also be a reason - she might not think you want to have sex with you so she doesn't start anything for the fear of being rejected. There might not be any reason for this fear other than her perception but the fear is real, believe me. Or she thinks it's too much work for you and you might not be keen on going for as long as she wants, in which case pleasure becomes a chore and something to get over with quickly. It probably makes no sense but one thought along the lines of 'he's just going through the motions, his heart isn't in it' - and next time you're in bed you find yourself tensing up for no reason.

You could try initiating physical contact without any sexual overtones, like a gentle cuddle while watching rubbish tv. :) Or offering to give her a backrub when she's tired - no strings attached (maybe some nice body lotion or body butter to add a little extra). Try not to make every physical interaction about sex, if that makes sense.

Hope it works out for you.

3. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    2:08 AM
    @Anonoman when you say a lack of sex drive how often would you say the two of you have sex?

Anonoman likes this.
  4. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    6:08 PM
    My ex wife was exactly the same, although in the end she just hated me so sex wasn't on the agenda anyway. When we had sex it would be over almost too quickly she was very quick to climax and as we get older we know whats fake and whats not, but she referred to having sex as "having to perform".

One of the contributing factors to our break up (and this certainly wasn't the only thing) was her complete indifference to my needs. We did practice chastity and I would give her endless massages night after night do all manor of things but would still be met with indifference. I ended up feeling like I was a slave. Some here might be OK with that, unfortunately I am not.

Mistress also doesn't often "feel the need" to have sex, however she is not indifferent to me, although she can punish me from time to time by ignoring it and that's the worst. But I know she never forgets.

She knows that once we are having sex she enjoys it but she decides when. As well as other activities which I have learnt to substitute for her having a orgasm simply because I know she enjoys it (such as pegging, paddling amongst other things) .

The only activity i am able to "ask" for is a paddling, which I don't like but it gives me relief anyway (god knows why because it hurts). Sometimes if I cheeky i mist ask for a indulgent edge, but that will be with my own hand Mistress will do me the honor of supervising.

While we don't live together...we spend nights together, as an example... we are sometimes awake early in the morning and neither of us can sleep...and its like why don't we have sex then??? for a man that makes perfect sense but for a women, there is no way thats going to happen.

I think you have to accept women are built differently, the challenge for you is for your wife to understand that while these things are not "the most" important things to you they are still very important. I was never able to convey these things to my ex wife, I am lucky enough to have someone in my life now which is empathic to my needs, conditional that it is in her control, and I am good with that. Still I can sometimes go off the rails and try and top from the bottom, but my butt will pay.

spider203, Anonoman and Abstraction like this.
  5. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    As @Abstraction said no apologies needed. While I like CM a lot, there's been a bunch of times I've come on and ranted only to be lectured on what's wrong with me. Sometimes frustration just gets the better of us. We wish things were different or we're just having trouble today. My wife has always had a lower sex dive than me and having kids only widened that divide. I think that's why many guys that take to chastity have a masturbation problem coming in the door. I remember days where I would debate whether or not to jerk off. I'd say to myself "maybe she'll want to have sex tonight". So I wouldn't masturbate and then she wouldn't want sex and I'd be mad at her. I'd think "Screw it, I'll just masturbate and not wait". I will say that my chastity has improved her sex drive, but she's certainly no sex fiend. If I tried to wake her with oral servitude as some people go on about, I'd get cold cocked. I'm not sure if you're really looking for advice or just commiseration. Probably more the latter, so I'll stop here.

6. Anonoman

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the replies! It really does help to be able to share a problem :+1:
    I wonder if I’m missing something - I’ve partly ‘sold’ chastity such that there is no pressure; it’s any sexual activity is at her pace. But it seems that means almost nill. We’ve had PIV sex once in February and I got a ‘hand job’ once also. I’ve pleasured her probably twice. I’ve had to instigate all sexual activity, even though I’m not supposed to...
    I’ve bought massage oil and have offered... never to be taken up. I’ve ask her what she’s going to wear for a friend birthday party and suggested she treats her self with some new underwear and outfit. No interest. I’ve offered to pay for a hair cut and colour (over a year... or even more since last?o_O). No interest.
    Got a big birthday coming up and was asked if I’d like anything. I felt like I feel like saying “Yes - please make an effort with ‘us’!” :(

7. Abstraction

Verified Female

big brain
    Local Time:
    @Anonoman, how does she show 'no interest'?

It sounds a bit like depression...

locked_top, cogman and Anonoman like this.
  8. Anonoman

Local Time:
    As in a very quick excuse not to. ‘Oh, that’s too much money...’ or it even feels like she’ll pick an argument with me some times such that there would be no expectation to do something.
    Thinking about it, also often if I’ll go in for a spontaneous hug or kiss in the kitchen there is some excuse like “I’ve just got to do this (insert trivial task)... “
    If it was depression, at least I’d know it wasn’t me. And may be I/we could get help for it.

9. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    I have to agree. Unfortunately many people men and women will never acknowledge this fact, and it goes untreated to the detriment of marriage. My ex was almost certainly borderline personality mixed with depression. They tend to see the world as they see it and fail to accept that not everyone perceives the world the same way they do. They can not put themselves in another persons shoes as such have zero empathy.

The news here is equally depressing, when I asked a therapist about what you can do, the answer was you cant really do anything. You can only build your world around them as best you can, I failed in this. Fortunately Mistress recognizes her own depressive moods (we are liars if we claim we dont have our down days) and deals with them for the most part, she "self monitors" which is an extremely valuable attribute however in many ways is still a human being like the rest of us. Thats just one of her attributes I truly love. For the most part she is a wonderful human being to be around but no one is perfect.

In all honesty while we as men would love the regularity as more often, what you are getting here is probably more regular than most. Hard to hear, I am 53 while you are 40 and have had 13 years longer to learn to control how I feel and sometimes still fail, we still fight, even if its sometimes because mistress is being a bit too empathic and "thinks" i am sulking when i am not.

I can easily climax 5-8 times PER DAY if left to my own devices....now I am in a device that's more like every 1-4 weeks, we will do "something" once per week be it a paddle, or a stroke, pegging sometimes we might have two activities involving my submission...although we talk more about things than we do. and sometimes we have sex, I never know if i will be allowed to climax or not but that's her choice. I admit if we don't do "something" even if its just a paddle once a week I start to feel ignored.

Anyway I hope this sort of helps...it does sound a tiny bit like you have a view on how things should be and that differs from your where your wife is. One mantra I speak to myself a lot....good things come to those that wait PATIENTLY, it may not be in the time that you want it, but just know that it will come eventually. Pestering, sulking and pressure have the exact opposite to what you want. I know it makes it very hard when you feel there is nothing. You feel the need to create something from nothing. Nurturing with service is probably the best path and rewarding positive outcomes with something special wouldn't hurt either. But everyone is different.

I think I know where you are coming from its a very tough path. But if you have at least some engagement then you are lucky than many.

LOL at picking a fight thats a standard tactic for sex evasion.

Good luck sorry for the long rant

Rectrix, Anonoman and Abstraction like this.
  10. Abstraction

Verified Female

big brain
    Local Time:
    Has her appearance changed? Weight gain? You say she doesn't want a haircut and colour - does she need either/both? Does she care about what she wears?

It might not be full-blown depression but there are definitely signs that she isn't interested in things for herself. Perhaps she feels she doesn't deserve them - in which case, she'll give them up and that'll make her feel worse about herself, which in turn will make her reluctant to do anything about it because 'who cares anyway'. That's a downward spiral that can lead to low (or non-existent) self-esteem and/or clinical depression.

Not to pry, but have your life circumstances changed recently? Is money tight? Does she work too much? Or, if she doesn't work, does she have an outlet for herself, a hobby or something she likes to do (besides rubbish tv)?

Rectrix likes this.
  11. Consensus

Consensus Long term member

Working with vulnerable people
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    i feel you.

i have no advice, only solidarity. my wife has a similar approach, and has had since she moved in back in 2007. It kicked into high gear after our first child, where we had a gap of 26 months with nothing at all. Then we created our second child over a weekend and it was nothing at all for about 40 months. Then a few times, then another 14 months, then a quick one-off and so on. We're currently in a 44 month drought with no sign of ending. She's not depressed, she's just not interested.

So, clearly, i have no advice. Just solidarity.

Abstraction likes this.
  12. Anonoman

Local Time:
    @Abstraction Thanks for asking those questions - some times it’s hard to look objectively at a situation. An outsider can sometimes see things straight off where as I can’t see the wood for the trees.
    She’s never been ‘into’ her appearance despite gentle and tactful (I think/hope!) encouragement from myself. She’s trying to loose weight at the moment but suffers from polycystic ovaries which might be making her insulin resistant.
    My wife has always been very independent and it’s probably not helped that she is now heavily dependent on me as the main breadwinner. Money isn’t too tight and she earns a helpful amount by freelance work.

I need to have a good think about all of this; try to be objective and mull over all the advice I’ve been so kindly given. :+1:

Abstraction likes this.
  13. Anonoman

Local Time:
    @Consensus
    Blimey and I though I had it hard :eek::confused:
    You must have some resilience! I don’t known if I could do that... hats off to you!

Consensus likes this.
  14. DrPinotNoir

DrPinotNoir Active member

Local Time:
    4:08 AM
    I got this brother...

You love her too.. am I right... no chance of cheating because for some reason SHE is it but it drives you nuts because EVERYTHING you do or have tried for 3 decades hasnt worked?

"What the fuck.. this woman is asexual! I know it"

You might have even got a girlfriend on the side (brace yourself for harsh language because it is coming)
    This girlfriend.. you screwed her like crazy. Every single thing you ever wanted to do with her she did willingly. Your final straw was the one time where you said. "This isnt real.. Im going to try and break her.." so you proceed to (with her loving every minute of it) have anal sex with her 3 times before you fall over in exhaustion and she is just asking for more. And after this.. she is snuggling you and asking for more sex.. but..
    You KNOW she isnt the one.. and you STILL love that woman?

Oh maybe you didnt cheat.. and that is great.. because you wont need to. Im here to tell you it is pointless. DONT do it.

How close am I?

took me 30 years to unravel this mystery. Ive read.. 50-60 books EASILY on the subject. Tried everything, supplments, prescription drugs, 1000s of dollars in sex toys, sex furniture, sex swings. Lingerie, The list goes on..

Brace yourself.

Abstraction likes this.
  15. dre8car

dre8car Always Locked and Rarely Cum - Lori 8b

Canada, BC, Vancouver
    Local Time:
    1:08 AM
    What Logit3x said.

16. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    I share a similar situation with my wife apparently having no interest in anything either. I don't remember when we last had sex (I'm trying not to count), it might have been a year ago. I would do anything for my wife. Coffee in bed every morning, massages, back rubs, foot rubs, a good amount of chores around the house, handling the kids. I think I am doing quite a bit for her. At most I get a peck on the cheek about once a week. She continuously tells me she loves me, but she does nothing else. I just want some intimacy. I'm not asking for sex, just some physical attention, like cuddling.
    The only thing she has said on this topics is that she thinks of me as an extension of herself, and she focuses on everyone but herself, so it seems she also doesn't focus on me. We've discussed this many times, nothing changes.
    Thanks for reading. I'm open to suggestions!

NM Lori, Rectrix and Consensus like this.
  17. Anonoman

Local Time:
    Just had a notification of a new like on this thread and so prompted to re-read it again - 2 years on!
    Scary to read what I’d written and the fact that nothing has changed. I think we’ve had sex 3 times this year so average about once a month.

18. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    Let me ask you something if you don’t mind, just curious. What does she really think about your kinks? The outfits, chastity, everything.

I only mention it because I know that some things you can’t unsee or unlearn, and like it or not might see you differently. I know this is true with gender stuff, even if they say they are game, many times they just see you differently and sex becomes attached to it and they can’t shake it off.

When they do commit to it, they enjoy it, but they have steeled themselves up for it, readied for what was to happen. The kink not in the back of their mind needling in but out front where they can see it.

Im not saying that it s the case with you two, I certainly don’t know your full history, just wondering if some of this issue started after she was aware of your sexual preferences.

Anyway just a thought. Good luck

Jessica Alexander and Lady&sub like this.
  19. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I agree with both these posts, if you have already ruled out the first since your last post in this thread, then maybe the second? Hope you can work it out.

20. mcfeely

mcfeely Long term member

Medic
    Local Time:
    How are you going to proceed. Status quo or some sort of change up.

21. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    I would love to do it once a month! That would be amazing. Two years on - no change here... Still trying.

22. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    My sex drive has always been higher than my better half. When crazy busy and tired we've probably been around once a month for sex. We sort of go through phases.

At the moment we are totally into each other, lots of hugging, kissing, teasing, playing and having full sex when she wants it... every 2 to 3 weeks. I suspect for her that's normal.

When we do have full sex she really enjoys herself, she just doesn't want do do it all the time (unlike like me). She does let me go down on her in-between if she's in the mood, but that mood fluctuates. For every night activity, she wants a foot massage and a cuddle.

What my better half really likes is the attention and my desire for her.

23. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    You may want to do some research because PCOS is often misdiagnosed by doctors when she could have Cushing's Syndrome. Similar symptoms but low libido goes with Cushing's and not usually PCOS which is characterized by higher androgen levels. Her doc can verify by looking for abnormal cortisol levels. Wouldn't hurt to do a full hormone assay. What does her A1C and fasting glucose look like?

24. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Jessica Alexander is of course right, we should all be getting regular checkups with our doctors and discussing concerns... and yes I'm overdue a visit ;)

But, there is not necessarily anything "wrong" with someone who wants sex once per month.

In general women want sex less than men. In general women arousal is more complex than men. I mean I just have to be conscious... maybe even that doesn't matter :) My better half doesn't like to do anything when she has her period, so there is a window of slightly less than 3 weeks out of every four ish weeks (and the timing varies, damn it!). She has no idea when we last had sex, I'm counting the days.

There are lots of surveys of women's libido, the results vary, but it is always lower than I expect.

From a survey of Australian women the top three answers for frequency were:

1. Once a week
    2. Once every two weeks
    3. Once a month​

I can't find the article to get the percentages :(

But here's some other random statistics (they are from the internet so they must be true):
    • Over a year "most" married couples average sex 5 times a month
    • Only 48% of married women want regular sex after four years
    • 7.5% of married people say they have sex daily
    • 12% of married people haven't had sex for at least three months
    • One third of married couples are interested in BDSM & bondage
    For us chastity and a FLR aligns my libido to hers. In the past when not doing chastity and a FLR we'd go through periods of having sex much more frequently, but that was her pleasing me and aligning to my desires.

25. Becalmed

Becalmed Member

Local Time:
    I have the same. My wife has had zero sex drive since menopause hit. I do not press the issue and just have to take what comes along. I have tried many things to show my love but it has not in any way jump started her sex drive. The last time I had PIV was almost six years ago on our honeymoon.

anasyrma and b_quark like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice