Problems with custom device

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Marqdude, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Marqdude

Marqdude New member

Local Time:
    4:11 PM
    So I have been in chastity in off the shelf cages for a long while and finally my wife and I ordered a custom device from red chili and I thought it fit perfectly. Didn't have any problems with ball slippage that I had had before and it was the perfect length to make peeing easy. When we took it off for cleaning after the first week, I discovered that the minor irritation that I though I had been having on the bottom of my scrotum at the bottom of the ring had caused me to have what I assume was a blister or sore that opened and started bleeding. There was never any type of significant irritation other than what I am used to with hair being pulled out or the occasional pinch. Has anyone had an issue like this? Does it mean the ring is too small? I don't want to go too much bigger because then I have trouble with ball slippage.

Any advice is welcome. I have just never had any issues like this before and don't know what to do.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Active member

Holland
    Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    Is the ring of your custom device smaller than the rings you used on the of the shelf devices?

I had a vew sore spots now and then when i started. That's not happened for a while. I think my skin is toughened up a little.
    For a while i whore a bigger ring in de morning and switched to a smaller one in de afternoon to combat balburn. Now i wear the small ring al day without balburn or sore spots. I do use baby oil when putting the cage on in the morning.

Marqdude likes this.
  3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    5:11 PM
    I used to get this more when I first started doing all this... it rarely happens now... but when it does it is from the device moving around too much on an active day. Your best bet is to let it heal up before using again, or put a bandaide over it with some neosporin...

then letting it air out over night.

Marqdude likes this.
  4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    9:11 PM
    It could well be that the ring is to tight, I had this with a custom 3D printed device, and I had to go up a ring size by 1mm! The smallest difference can make all the difference.

Marqdude likes this.
  5. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    I vote just different irrtation spot than you had before.

You should uncage and let it fully heal, but when you get back to it, I swear by aquaphor. It helps protect against ball burn, and if a hotspot starts to form the skin-friendly stuff in Aquaphor helps heal it before it gets bad.

Marqdude likes this.
  6. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    I am having this happen as I have jumped down a ring size. I’m seriously considering getting a custom device so I want to resolve this one before kicking off my order. I know there are a few things at play here but could use some thought on the subject so my custom cage does not cause sores on the underside.

So going down a ring size would increase the drag when slipping happens, but this also indirectly decreases the gap. So right now I’m between a set of sizes for my custom order where the ring and gap sizes vary. (One up and the other down.)

what I’m more curious about and hopefully will know more here in the coming weeks, but when this happens the skin will toughen up obviously. Will this typically correct the issue all together and one just need ls a break in period?

my ring and everything are very comfortable when I apply a balm so I’m thinking it’s more of thru the day as the balm wears off and I move that the damage occurs than strictly a size that is too small. Do others typically have to wear oil or lube or balm all the time? With my larger sizes ring it would be needed when first worn or after a shower and that’s it, but with this smaller ring I was finding I needed it 24/7. Again tho did skin need broken in?

I apologize for the popcorn thoughts but experienced insight would be great.

Do others find the skin needs to break in?
    Is it likely the I need to increase gap?
    Do others lube thru out the day or daily, or is there a point where you can go completely without with a proper fitted cage?

7. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    Just posted something similar on another thread, but check your base ring carefully. When steel rod is formed into rings it can leave little grooves and burrs that can cause irritation, especially when it is tighter than you are used to. You can often feel them as roughness with your fingernail.

If present, consider wet sanding them out (400, 600, 800, 1000 grit) then polishing the ring.

Also, keep a little something between your skin and the ring (I prefer lanolin) to let the skin move, at least while your body is adjusting.

Good luck.

8. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    I guess the problem will be largely solved with using some balm or vasiline. I use this every morning after shower and in the evening before I jump next to my Love in bed. Just apply it at the inside of the ring and at your scrotum. By this you might avoid the problem next time (after healing). Good luck!

9. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    Everybody is different, but here is the recipie that let me get to successful 24/7 wear:
    • Properly fitting stainless Cage (touches the end when flaccid but not so small skin is bunched and can't dry out)
    • A small gap can cause ball burn, get it dialed in
    • Shower/bath/wash once a day, blow dry, apply powder to keep everything dry and let it move
    • Tiny dab of lanolin rubbed along the bottom of the base ring works all day and prevents ball burn and sores (stays better for me than than any balm, oil, or cream I've tried)

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  10. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    Yes the ring is as smooth as can be. No surface roughness that I can feel with dragging a finger nail or knife tip

11. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    So I use a balm every day a couple times a day and still had the issue. I can still get an finger under the ring, so I’m wondering if my skin just needs to adjust to the smaller size and to being locked for a week for the first time in the better part of 6 months.

12. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    If you can stay dry down there it really helps a lot, but to think you will have zero irritation from having a ring around the ring of your nutsack is a little ridiculous. You clearly need to get used to it.

13. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    Let’s just say I have a scab now even though I used balm constantly. I will try again and see if the body has adjusted.

14. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    You need to limit your wear until it is healed up. Neosporin, bandaides, etc... are only going to slow it getting worse. I am not sure what your situation is, but when this happens with me, I tell my wife & I just wear the device when she is not around.

There is no sense in hurting yourself. Just come up with a game plan for it, but once you are better you need to adjust your device. There are so many things that COULD be wrong...

The gap being too big or too small
    The size of the ring being too big or too small
    The width of the ring being too big or too small
    Your skin too be too sensitive and maybe having some more hair down there could help
    Maybe you were too active while wearing the device and the event cause the irritation

Find out what works best for you though. You don't need to wear the thing 24/7 if you are going to be hurting yourself.

rwpLocked likes this.
  15. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    I’m letting it heal 100% before trying again.

elias likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice