Recurrent nasty infection from wearing a device.

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by spud18, Oct 31, 2021.

1. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    4:14 PM
    I am a 67 year old single man. I have been self locking for several years, but now it looks as if I have to permanently stop. About a month ago i noticed a furious itching in my penis. I removed the device but the problem just got worse and worse. I tried savlon, an anti histamine cream, an anti thrush cream and then an anti itching cream. It was just getting worse.
    I went to the doctor, he suspected genital warts, even though I have not been sexually active for many years and have never had them before. He suggested the STD clinic, who made me an appointment and then rang me back two days later to cancel it, saying it was not their problem. Thanks. By now the itching was unbearable and my penis was red, inflamed, and swollen, especially the scar tissue where I have been circumcized. The skin looked about the same texture as a turkeys wattle, and the infection or whatever was spreading to my scrotum.
    So, back to another doctor. He gave me some combined antibiotic and steroid cream. This eased the itching almost immediately, and within 24 hours the appearence was normal, although it took another 4 days for the itching to stop completely.
    After a few days I cautiously started locking again.48 hours in a holytrainer knockoff and it was back. More cream. A week later, itried again, this time with open cages only, and taking it off during the day. Then I tried 36 hours in a clean, sterilised, Cobra device, and it was back again. So it now seems to be a permanant feature, and locking is off the agenda. But i have no ide what it is. It is obviously some sort of infection, if the cream stops it, but what ? It can't be dermatitus, because it happens with devices made from different materials, and i have been doing this at least 3 years with no problems whatsover except the . ones common to all of us. At first I suspected some form of ballinitis but I am circumcized and it recurred after just 36 hours in an open cage. Does anyone have any ideas before my device collection goes in the bin ?

PurpleShadowSub likes this.
  2. Edgetity

Edgetity Member

Local Time:
    5:14 PM
    Did you try a metal cage?

3. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    I have a good variety of cages, always looking for the best one. I have not had the infection while wearing one, but i am not sure i should try again unless I have some sort of idea what the problem is. The idea of it becoming resistant to the cream is pretty scary, its not something i could live with. I did have an open metal one on for a couple of days before the latest episode, with no problems, but i suspect it takes a few days to build up anyway. My next step has to be a couple of weeks with no chastity, just to be positive its the device, of any sort, that is causing it

4. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    Have you sterilized the cages, say, in hydrogen peroxide, or with a soak in bleach water? There may be microbes living in the pores of the plastic.

You may want to try a stainless steel device, just to see if there's any difference.

Servus likes this.
  5. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    As mentioned above, did you a try a metal cage? Preferably one made with “real stainless steel.” (You can never be too sure what you get from China ... there have been reports of people getting allergic reactions from cheap Chinese metal cages that were plated and not real stainless). I have both Cobra and HT cages, as well as real stainless steel cages. I could be wrong, but I believe the Cobra cage is 3D printed and the HT knockoff is molded but both are either plastic, resin or nylon. You might have an allergy to the materials used to print or mold the cages or as mentioned there could be bugs living in the plastic / resin /nylon. If I wear my HT cage longer than 3 or 4 days, I do notice on occasion some penis itching, but nothing along the lines of what you are experiencing.

6. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:

7. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    yes, all my devices were sterilised after my first infection.. The Cobra one had not been used since then. I still dont know it it is something I have and only comes out under certain conditions or something I keep catching.. It came up once in a Holy trainer knock off and once in a Cobra knock off without any swapping between the two. I spent hours on Google when it first happened, there are some quite nasty things that you can have or catch but my symptoms were not a real match for any of them, and the appearance at the worst of it was alarming, almost like a bright red cauliflower.

8. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    I have had most of my devices for several years with no problems. Only the Cobra is relatively new

9. Edgetity

Edgetity Member

Local Time:
    looks like you build up an allergy for the plastic ones, stainless steel sounds like your only option left.
    But first let it rest for a couple of weeks. No testing with the plastic ones then wear the stainless steel and see how that will work out. You can try plastic weeks after that, if that goes wrong you know enough. Had a similar problem. After trail and error it's no plastic / nylon for me anymore.

spud18 and LockedJani like this.
  10. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    well, i just found my scrotum was also itching. When i looked the front part was red and highly inflamed. Basicaly, the part that comes into contact with the cage of the Cobra, with no problem in the area of the ring. So I suspect that you may be correct that I have developed some sort of allergy. If it was only related to the Cobra, which appears to be made of nylon, that would seem pretty clear cut, but i will have to do a few checks because I got the same effect from the V4, which i have had for years. Thanks to everyone for your advice, I will definitely stick to steel for the next month at least, assuming that it clears up again. its a bit of a puzzle why the effects should continue to get worse for days after the device was removed though.

JackStrap and LockedJani like this.
  11. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    Could it be a lubricant that your using. Did you switch to something different

12. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    No, its not that. I only ever used water based lube in the cage and nothing in the Cobra as its very slightly wider. I reckon its either an extreme, recent allergy, or possibly some sort of fungal infection that is very persistant. Canestan did nothing to it.

13. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I hope you can sort this out, and good luck on your journey!

14. Solo1

Solo1 Active member

Semi retired
    UK
    Local Time:
    It could be a UTI in which case only strong antibiotics will work and even then can take a long time to totally cure problem. It often returns without any obvious cause and can be very debilitating.
    Hope for your sake it isn't this but I have had to stop using a cage because of a utility and though cured I certainly don't wish it to return so now I make do with cross dressing.

15. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:14 AM
    Sounds more like a skin staph or strep infection to me.

16. John

John Member

Local Time:
    I would change device. Maybe you can return to the holy trainer right now it does worse than good. I noticed the holes in front irritates the skin a lot.

17. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I managed to get blood poisoning from a poor quality metal cage...

But whatever the cause, I'd not wear the chastity devices until my skin had cleared up completely, and then only wear devices after a thorough clean, disinfect and material check.
    And then, don't keep changing devices, make sure you can identify whether each one in particular is causing the problem, or whether your skin just isn't playing with being enclosed.

JackStrap likes this.
  18. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    Well, stainless steel seems to be ok. The Cobra is in the bin, and in a couple of weeks I will cautiously try other plastics.... The profile for allergy to plastics seems to exactly fit my case, including the steady increase of symptoms even after the source of irritation is removed.

19. PurpleShadowSub

Local Time:
    Very interesting post because I have been experiencing exactly the same symptoms!

I bought a Cobra resin cage from Aliexpress a month back and started wearing it 24/7. I cleaned regularly in the shower and had no issues for about 2 weeks, then I noticed it was getting a little itchy down there at the tip of my penis and also on the scrotum where the cage presses against the skin

Being daft I cleaned and moisturised the area and then persevered with it until I noticed a red inflamed patch on the underside of my penis. Over 24 hours this spread like wildfire until the entire penis head and shaft was very inflamed and red, incredibly itchy and sore. Obviously I'd removed the cage at this point and I convinced myself I must have a fungal infection so I started applying Canesten cream to my penis which by the following morning had alarmingly swollen up and was looking very unhappy. At this point I visited a doctor who prescribed both a strong course of antibiotics and a steroid cream to bring down the inflammation.

I left the cage off during this point and made sure it was fully sterilised by using denture tabs (thanks to a member on here for the suggestion!). Over the next 24-48 hours the cream did it's job and I assumed the antibiotics also, and in 3 days my penis was looking back to normal so I stopped the cream and finished the course of antibiotics.

Once everything felt right I put the Cobra cage back on, and to my dismay within 12 hours I was starting to get itchy again. I took it off and the skin was getting red, so I applied more steroid cream and left it off for a few days. At this point a bacterial infection can be ruled out because I've been taking antibiotics and I sterilised the cobra cage and ring.

Yesterday a different resin cage arrived in the post so I decided I'd give it a try, my penis looked normal so it seemed worth a try, 12 hours later my penis is once again inflamed and red/itchy at the head.

At this point I've thrown in the towel with resin devices and ordered a stainless steel cage as it must be a reaction to the material used in the cobra cage and other devices like it.

I'll let my penis recover completely before wearing the stainless device which should arrive sometime next week. Fingers crossed it fixes the issue. It's a shame really because there was much about the Cobra device I really liked, particularly it's light weight, but it's useless to me if it causes an allergic reaction on my skin.

LockedJani and spud18 like this.
  20. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @spud18 praps a little thing has bit it. cos once when i was in the sea lttle fishes keeped swim up and bit me on my nipples and that hurt me after for a bit.

21. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    I did see that Ali Express is doing a stainless steel version of the Cobra. Its fairly pricey though, around £36

22. PurpleShadowSub

Local Time:
    Yes, and heavy. Tbh the only real reason to pick a resin device is the fact they are light, because other than that they are weak, and less hygienic.

23. For69

For69 Active member

Local Time:
    Took me 3 hours

24. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    Have you considered the possibility of a yeast infection? Antibiotics wont work, as it isn't a bacteria. An enclosed cage creates a warm moist place for fungus to develop.

"In most cases, topical antifungal ointments and creams are enough to clear up an infection. Many of the antifungal creams recommended for a yeast infection include:"

https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/penile-yeast-infection

Years ago, a boss got a yeast infection in his mouth. We all knew who his mistress was (a coworker), and as a result where his mouth had been. LOL He way not have gotten it from her, it was merely an amusing thought.

25. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    A yeast infection in the mouth/throat is called “thrush” and often a sign of a compromised immune system.

MtnViper likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice