What do you prefer ? and Why

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Lovemetal, Dec 29, 2021.

?

What do you prefer, Stainless or Resin and Why ?

1. Stainless

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. Resin

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lovemetal

Lovemetal Long term member

Oz
    Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    As we stated in our introduction, we are not into chastity but into chastity devices and cock rings. We have been playing around with them for 5 or 6 years now but it is only within the last couple of months that we have really got serious about our use of them. All our devices are stainless except for a couple of silicon rings we tried early on but soon binned.

After a lot of looking around and reading, we have ordered a resin Holy Trainer, can't remember if it is V3 or V4 to give it a try. A lot of people have good reviews for all versions of the Holy Trainer. Time will tell.

All our devices are stylized stainless steel with a shaped / curved base ring. We have found this style of base ring much more comfortable against the straight circular ring. As I pretty much wear a cage or ring constantly. I wear a cage from when I first get up to just prior to retiring to bed at which time I change the cage for a ring. From time to time I do experience a little scrotum burning but I believe it is more due to the weather and that the skin under my scrotum is not yet fully adjusted to wearing a device full time.

Due to all our devices being stainless we can not give an opinion as yet on other materials but are willing to give them a try. However I feel that they will not jive the same feel as wearing a stainless cage. Just the weight alone I feel will make a huge difference. But I will know first hand as soon as the Holy Trainer arrives, which I am looking forward to.

I the mean time I look forward to your thoughts and input into our enjoyment of these devices.
    Thanking you

2. Guest 2684

Guest 2684 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    I have had some of the plastic, resin, and such. Metal is the only way to go for long term to keep smell at bay.

bondinchas likes this.
  3. Cur1ous1

Cur1ous1 Active member

Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    Evotion customer here. I love my Orion with PA.

4. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    Another vote for metal. Why? the ability to clean oneself.

Attached Files:

5. Lovemetal

Oz
    Local Time:
    Yes SS always, although we do have a couple of resin ones also.
    I have the same cage as in your attached photo, Does yours also have the insert?
    I also closed up the gap between the rings on the top of the cage reducing the cage length slightly.

6. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    Yeah, it came with an insert but I haven't tried using it. Before using this one I was alternating between an HT Nub at night and an HT Nano during the day (both knock-offs) I liked them both but needed to take them off for cleaning, so I couldn't give up the key. Once I was in the metal one, I could give the key to my wife and let her become my keyholder.

Do you know if this metal cage is a knock-off of a more expensive one? I'd like to know if the design has a name.

7. Lovemetal

Oz
    Local Time:
    I would not have a clue, I buy all mine through DHgate so they are all knock-off but if you spend the time you will find find good quality cages in the thousands their

8. NEsubhub

NEsubhub Long term member

USA Nebraska
    Local Time:
    I have both and prefer the look of metal. But the weight prevents wearing long term for me. I'm physically active. Biking, distance running, hiking, tennis, etc... I've attempted activities in different metal devices, and I didn't care for the swaying and jostling weight between my legs.
    So my go to device is my 3d printed Cobra by kink3d. I forget it is there sometimes comfort level. I go weeks without removing it at all and it accomodates my PA.
    Others have commented about lack of being able keep a plastic device clean and that they start to smell over time. I've had this cage for a couple years now, it has many openings to allow soap, scrubbing and flushing while wearing it and I've not noted a stink problem. I suppose opinions vary. Different manufacturers, designs, plastics and their characteristics will factor into they perform. Hope my entry was helpful.

Tarknassus likes this.
  9. Tarknassus

Tarknassus Wordy chastity nerdery.

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:35 PM
    I'm starting to lean in this direction. Whilst I love my steel custom cages, the appeal of something like the Cobra can have the potential to make my life easier in terms of my daily life - I walk for a living, and depending on the clients I have, it can be anywhere from 5-20 miles a day. In steel, it ruins me - the rubbing and weight cause problems longer term.

I love the weight generally, knowing that something is 'down there' reminding me of my situation, but it might be the case I'll go plastic to decrease the weight, making my active life more easier. I'm sure Mrs Tarknassus will want to appreciate the steel cages for special occasions or for relaxing days/holidays where the pressures aren't so intense on my poor, poor penis!

Rectrix likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice