Female Superiority

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Smaug, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Random Thread
  1. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    Great post, Mike!

Sarah, I now understand where you're coming from. The only thing I don't understand is why this subject makes you so angry. To me, comparing someone believing in Female Superiority and someone being a bigoted racist is pretty extreme. I guess I would equate the subject to a Domme liking a kink I don't understand. Like blood play. That totally makes me go "Ewwwww". But, if that's what someone is into, who am I to say anything about it? It's not affecting me in anyway. So, why does someone's opinion regarding women being superior bother you so?

Unless this is affecting you personally somehow?

2. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    10:35 AM
    It doesn't "make" me angry, Jen. I am in control of my emotions myself. I don't hand that over to other people or external events. You're also presupposing I'm angry in the first place. How did you determine that, when I'm not?

A "true" believer in female superiority believes one group of people is inherently superior to another, by virtue of their genetic make-up.

I'm curious how you think that's qualitatively different from any other kind of genetics-based bigotry, like racism and (if some scientists are right) homosexuality.

It's also patently absurd. As I asked before: are all women superior to all men? If so, it means Myra Hindley is "superior" to, say, a life-saving paediatric surgeon.

This is a natural consequence of female superiority if the criterion is purely sex. If it's not, then they've contradicted themselves. Either way, it's rank stupidity which doesn't hold up under even the most cursory examination.

I find it bothersome to the extent I think the truth is important.

I think it's especially important when people post personal opinion as fact.

And I think it's especially especially important when many men and women are looking at male chastity with some nervousness and trepidation and are being frightened off by this nonsense.

Sarah.

3. Mistress Lauren

Mistress Lauren Active member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    I've only been into chastity for like 2 or 3 months, and although I read this site a lot before I actually joined, nothing really scared me off. I did read posts about aspects of chastity that I didn't particularly like, but I realized that that was not what I wanted out of this and so I just left that information there. I would never feel pressured to "accept" some form of chastity related behaviors that I didn't feel comfortable with.

Like Goddess Jen said, if another person is into something I'm not, what do I care? As long as they're not trying to convert me, they can do what makes them happy. For instance in relation to female supremacy, I think men and women are equal and bring different things to the table (as many others have stated already), but if someone wants to think that women are the superior gender, so be it.

I think we all pick and choose what we like in regards to chastity and just try and live our lives. :)

4. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    I don't think anyone has disagreed with anything you've said save for those who claim female supremacy as fact. And plenty of people do. They're entitled to their opinions, of course; but if they want their opinions to be taken as a serious statement of fact, then it's incumbent on them to show the evidence, wouldn't you agree?

As for being scared off, you are just one person. I wasn't scared OFF either, but I did wonder what the hell John was on about for some time, while I waded through the hype, fantasy and lies.

Just remember, Lauren, we're simply never going to see the ones who take one look and freak. I know they exist because they bloody email me, thanking me for the blog. A fairly frequent sentiment is "I've looked at male chastity before but what I found was icky so we gave up until my husband sent me your Guide".

I get words to that effect probably once a day, day in day out.

Sarah.

5. sophia

sophia Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    Smaug is right. Maybe to some people it is not PC to think like this? It is all down to genetics and brain wiring. Men and women are different. Therefore i argue that Smaug is right. The female qualities are much more important for the human race than the male. The relation between men and women are ruled by our biology. We have a certain behaviour that is characteristic for the human race. Men tend to compete for women, but the woman choose who will be the father for the offspring.
    There has been a few matriarchys around the world. I don't think they are known for their agressive behaviour and wars.
    What is superiority?
    (extremly unkinky thread!)

6. sophia

sophia Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    Just need to add one point.
    If we are subs, why take away our right to call our wifes/gf of all sexes... "Goddess", "Queen" etc. etc.
    It's also a very great fantasy eroticwise to think of "female superiority". Don't take away that!

If you talk politics i think there are better forums!

7. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    No one's taking away anyone's rights. On the contrary, I think I was clear about my position on free speech (I also don't give a fig about being PC, as anyone who's ever read my blog will tell you).

In the same way you have the right to say "females are superior", I have the right to point out the fallacy of your logic if you're stating it as a fact.

And this thread was put here to discuss this subject.

Sarah.

8. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    :sign0004:

Seriously though.... "Can't we all just... get along?" :love0028:

I think everyone is entitled the their opinion, and the way they chose to view the world is for them to decide... Sarah, you talk a lot about someone needing to provide proof of female superiority... Playing the devil's advocate... wouldn't one of the opposite camp then need to provide proof of gender equality? ;)

9. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    That would be equivalent to proving women are not superior to men (or men are not superior to women) - and that's impossible. It's the same as you can't prove the non-existence of Russell's Teapot.

Apart from anything else, they seem reluctant to provide any objectively measurable criteria. How do you measure the worth of a person objectively?

And strictly we're talking about sex, not gender.

Sarah.

10. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    That's my point....

You must have some way of doing this if you so adamantly believe your point of equality can be proved any more than that of someone else's belief in inequality...

:huh: Huh? You lost me there... Where do sex and gender divide? Let's look at these two Princeton definitions and see what we come up with....

Now if you'd like to add further constructs say "Gender Role" or "Gender Identification" then you would get more loosely defined groups of people of different sex.. but that's a whole 'nother discussion...

11. hegemonist

hegemonist Junior Member

Bournemouth, UK
    Local Time:
    I have read this thread with interest, and in my opinion Sarah is the voice of reason.

To claim as a broad-brush stroke that one genetic group is superior to another is absurd.

It took several years of war to defeat those who believed in Aryan supremacy, and several decades of struggle to try to address ideas of racial supremacy in relation to black slavery in the US.

Individual people may be superior over other individuals in relation to certain skills or aptitudes, but much of this may come about through nurture rather than nature.

It seems that a sensible debate on this issue is almost impossible in this forum as the lifestyle of the forum's participants in some instances directly contradicts any idea of an equality, at least from an outsider's point of view.

If people on this forum wish to live in a way where one is superior and the other inferior then I can see no problem with this. It is up to individual people to decide how to live their lives. However, for those people to assert that the way they live their lives embodies a deep immutable truth is ridiculous.

No genetic group is innately superior to another. Such thinking is the germ of discrimination, hatred and ultimately genocide. Humankind has strived over Centuries to overcome this way of thinking, so to see elements of it espoused in this forum is somewhat disheartening.

I therefore entirely agree with Sarah's assertion that a belief in female supremacy is analagous to a belief in white supremacy, or indeed, any other sort of genetic supremacy.

12. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    No, this is false. This is the same flawed argument god-botherers use with atheists. Atheists rarely say "there is no God". They say, "I don't believe there is one, but if you say there is, then show me the evidence". Well, rational ones do, anyway. Some atheists do claim they "know" there is no god, but they cannot possibly know it.

Female supremacists make the claim women are superior to men. I say "prove it". The claim is theirs, and it's incumbent upon them to demonstrate the evidence suppoting it.

This is why in a court of law you're innocent until proven guilty (at least in sane societies), because the prosecution is making the claim of guilt and it's up to them to prove it. It's impossible to prove yourself innocent.

I don't think I've ever claimed men and women are equal. If I have, I've been careless and sloppy because without an objective measure of their worth, I don't know how we'd do it.

But in the absence of evidence to the contrary, empirically we know it bodes better for society if we assume equality rather than inequality.

Sex. I mentioned genetics several times. Sex is determined by genes. A transsexual man regardless of appearence and attitudes and societal acceptance is still genetically male. Generally in most discussions we take sex to be the physical, and gender to be more the mental - the role, if you like.

It does raise an interesting point though... I wonder where the Female Supremacists stand on this? Do they accept transgendered men as being women and so among the Chosen Ones? And what do they make of hermaphrodites and those born androgynous?

I wonder.

Sarah

13. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    I whole heartedly agree...

Wait... what was that?
    That's what I thought... an assertion that your belief is an immutable truth... Damn, and I almost thought you had a point with the first quote...

14. johnkelly00

johnkelly00 Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    Changing gears a bit...

I feel that blue is a superior color over yellow for my wife's clothes. Not for all women - just my wife. And we both agree on that issue.

Argue what you want, but that is what we both feel. We enjoy feeling that way and see no reason to not feel that way. It's not like we are stopping others from wearing yellow.

So.... pbffftttt.

15. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    You;re supposed to be too old for this, John... [​IMG]

Sarah

16. Goddess Jen

Local Time:

:blink: Come on. No one is claiming anything of the sort.

I have yet to see anyone state that unequivocally women are superior to men. I've seen a few state their opinions on the matter and their true feelings.

Can you show me in this thread where that statement has been made? I can't find it. Or are you just talking about the people in general who believe this?

I'm so confused...perhaps it's the blonde hair?

Here's the thing. I think Sex in The City is the BEST comedy show ever on TV. EVER. I will argue the point until I'm blue in the face. Samantha is the best character ever created in my opinion. My husband thinks it's crap. Who's right?

I can't see how this is any different. It's just a matter of opinion.

17. hegemonist

hegemonist Junior Member

Bournemouth, UK
    Local Time:
    Hilarious.

It seems you don't quite follow either my point or Sarah's point made above.

You are asking for Sarah (or anyone else) to prove a negative, in that one group is not superior to another. Proving a negative is logically impossible - please research this on the internet before replying if necessary.

What we ask is that you prove the opposite...the positive. i.e. one genetic group is superior to another. Many have tried: white supremacists, black supremacists, etc. It is all mere assertion, and in my opinion all unhelpful to the state of humankind.

So please, go ahead, scientifically prove to us that females are inherently superior to males.

18. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    Bull. Someone in the original thread I hijacked claimed he "knew" it.

A counter example proving your hypothesis incorrect, my dear.

Sarah.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  19. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    Are you talking to me?

20. hegemonist

hegemonist Junior Member

Bournemouth, UK
    Local Time:

No not to you, to Locked in LV

21. Sarah

Sarah Sarah

Local Time:
    Lol, now THAT sounds like fighting talk!

Sarah

22. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    Um, I'm not your "dear". That's just condescending and rude. I've not gone there, please don't talk down to me.

If you're speaking of Ms. SuzieQ, yes I did read that. She feels that way in her heart about Mistress Michelle. That's devotion talking there. Not proof. It's how she feels about her Mistress. I think it's very sweet.

23. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    It's not fighting talk at all. I was unclear who he was referring to.

Sarah, it just seems you want to start some kind of shit storm here. What gives?

24. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    Thank you for clarifying that, Hegemonist. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice