Contender or Jail Bird?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by sonhee, Dec 18, 2021.

1. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    10:39 AM
    I'm interested in getting a metal device, and these two seem to be among the best. I want something that's comfortable and hygienic (no smell!) for long term wear.

From what I've read, the Contender has the advantage of being more light weight somehow and you also can add a PA part later (while Jail Bird doesn't have an official PA piece). However the Jail Bird has a slightly nicer design in my opinion.

Is there any difference in hygiene, comfort, or security?

Price seems to be around the same.

2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    6:39 AM
    The Contender keyed security screws are top of the line

A lighter cage is more comfortable long term

My Contender cage is short and does not droop. I understand some folks like the continuous bend. But for me my cage is so short it doesn’t matter.

Mark’s polish is superior. It’s jewelry grade. Rivaling my Anatometal piercing jewelry.

MCN turn around time is probably still shorter.

They are both excellent devices. They are all good people and provide great service. Neither is a mistake.

I have a Mature Metal cage as well. I enjoyed it. I just found the Contender weight easier to deal with long term.

elias likes this.
  3. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    The main issue I see with the Contender is that the normal one is only for penises up to 7cm. I measured (flaccid at the bottom) a minimum of 8 cm (over 30 days!) and I have another custom device that's 8.5 cm and fits well although sometimes there is indeed 0.5 cm too much space. Still, far from the 7 cm for the Contender. Of course I could go for a longer size but then it's more expensive (+75$) and uglier (3 rings).

However if I were to order a jailbird at 8 cm I'm afraid it would just fall down due to it's weight and I'd end up with an empty space at the tip again.

Just out of curiosity, how big is the weight difference? And does the Jailbird tend to drop more?

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    11:39 AM
    You can ask Mark to manufacture every dimension you want. I have my Contender produced around 9 cm and asked Mark to create it with a bend more downwards. It is not ugly at all.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  5. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
  6. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I got it. I’m “blessed” with a very small flaccid penis. Ha. 8cm flaccid is a nice length.

MCN uses 3/32” cage rods and 3/16” cage rings. MM uses 1/8” rods and 1/4” rings.

The Contender cage portion ends up being 56.25% of the weight of a Jailbird. I won’t redo the math here. It’s coincidentally the same weight difference between 316L stainless and titanium.

The base rings are essentially the same size: 1/4” stock.

7. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks! That's super helpful. I'm leaning towards the Contender.

Just one question as you are quite experienced - what would you recommend in terms of cage width, snug or wider?

I have an Evotion Orion with 1.13" diameter, which is my "real" size at the shaft (glans a bit more but didn't need this for the Orion) and while it's not painful hygiene is difficult. MCN offers 1.25" and 1.375", so technically both a bit more than I need but I wonder if I should go for the bigger one for hygiene? So hard to find guidance on cage diameter anywhere

8. elias

Local Time:
    @sonhee, for dimensioning your cage, I may advise as follows:
    - flaccid length minus 1-2 cm (0,5 - 1").
    - diameter : snug fit
    - gap : choose a standard gap of around 1 cm (3/8") unless you are sure you need much more or less. When choosing MCN Contender, Mark is happy to provide you a clear explanation how to increase the gap (you may need a bench with a vise at home...).

I had my cage dimensioned based on my flaccid length of around 10 cm. I deducted 1 cm from it and ordered a MCN Contender with a total length of 3 5/8" (9,2 cm). Now, wearing my cage 24/7, I may decide to further shorten it with another 0,5" or even a bit more.

sonhee and Peter Rabbit like this.
  9. elias

Local Time:
    In addition, regarding the diameter, i would recommend the nearest fit with your real dimensions. Snug fit will help you to manage erections in the best manner.

sonhee and Peter Rabbit like this.
  10. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    @sonhee

I found it more comfortable snug. That is, not rattling around with room to broaden much. It doesn’t have to touch the cage at all time. But too much room can cause discomfort. A snug cage is comforting.

You might want to just email Mark and ask him if he’d make you a 1-1/8” (1.125” or 28.5mm) diameter cage.

1. He used to have 1-1/8” on his webform.
    2. He once made me a 1-3/16” cage when I wanted to step down after years of wear in 1-1/4”.

I find I can wear more snug cages in an open design, and more comfortably in smooth steel than in plastic.

The 1-1/8” was too tight for me, but I rest flaccid short and thick. I am cut but very fleshy with loose skin so I’d get edema in too tight cages. There was nothing wrong with 1-1/4”…. Don’t think 1/16” matters much and get too persnickety! You’ll never make a decision. Ha.

But if you’re truly 1-1/8” diameter ask if he’d do that.

I’ve read through some of your post history.
    You’ve got chastity experience under your belt (to make a pun). I think you know to measure directly and don’t transfer measurements from another cage. Mark gives good fitting advice on the MCN website.

sonhee, corsac and elias like this.
  11. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks all of you. I think I'll go with a Contender with snug fit (both width and length). You've been super helpful!!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  12. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Hope you enjoy it!

elias likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice