IPhone 4 Baby!!

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Locked_In_LV, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    Woohoo! 3:30am and I'm standing in line for iPhone 4!! There's about 50 crazy bastards that got here before me even!

2. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    So, let me get this straight: In that you are number 51, you're not crazy?

Interesting dividing line, that.

i am waiting until AT&T no longer holds an exclusive on iPhone. Last rumor i heard was sometime in the fall of 2010. Were you to switch to Verizon, you would need a different device, because AT&T's signaling method is GSM, where Verizon's is CDMA (soon to be LTE). i think that Verizon will not sell or offer the iPhone until they switch their network to LTE.

So, when that happens, there may be actual competition. But one would have to get another phone to switch carriers.

3. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    Well my phone is on our corporate account and Mistress Lauren's phone we get a discount on through the corporate account even though it's a personal plan... AT&T coverage seems to work everywhere I need it(including Lake Mohave on the Colorado River... a very isolated area) and while I don't agree with their sales tactic of eliminating unlimited data plans when they decided to finally enable tethering, I've always been one to hack my phone and enable whatever features I want anyways(current iPhone has tethering and I average around 4-6GB/mo data transfer...)

And as for #51, I actually ended up being #56... but I didn't get my iPhone :angry: Apparently the Apple store doesn't service corporate customers. . . so I have to get one direct from AT&T. . . BUT on the bright side, I was able to get Mistress Lauren's iPhone which is more important than mine anyways ;)

4. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    thinking about the droid here. With Google backing it I think it could very easy hurt iphone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice