Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    6:23 PM
    I had no problem opening it right now. You could also go to the main page.

Any evidence for your statement? Same here in Germany. Not exact the same figures but the trend of cases. Luckily there is no ICU shortage yet.

2. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    5:23 PM
    couldn’t agree more.

In the wake of the madness many governments have created 2 sides and huge hatred simply because many question there idiot ways.

many laws have been changed that will never be revoked and all laws that stamp on human rights as we all know governments and the rich don’t want the every day person to have any rights so this is a step closer for them.

look at here in the UK well England as I can’t say it’s the same in the rest of the UK. Though I’m sure it will be.
    The huge issue to get to see a doctor here is beyond crazy simply as they really don’t want to see anyone and want to do everything online.
    This creates massive issues for those without internet’s and devices plus you randomly are called at any time they can be bothered to do so.
    Then you get told to upload pictures to them for them to take a gander at in the future if they can be bothered or whatever other craziness that they dream up.

The main issue though is we don’t have ID cards here but this along with many issues from government is actually creating ID cards for us without a vote of consent.

If you want to discuss anything with your doctor your NHS app/account is needed and to create this they have all your biometrics details along with of course all they hold on you already in doing so.

It’s pretty obvious in the tiny print somewhere buried in page 156 it allows your details to be shared to any goverment department including police etc etc so we will all now be in the police computer national computer and have done nothing more than talk to our doctor online.

just one crazy example of taking away our consent for things.

Dianna1395, Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  3. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    Dear unvaccinated: Bye! And don’t let the door hit you in the . . . well, you know | Opinion

BY LEONARD PITTS JR. UPDATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2021 9:43 AM

“If you want to leave, take good care, hope you make a lot of nice friends out there”

— from “Wild World” by Cat Stevens

This is for those of you who’ve chosen to quit your jobs rather than submit to a vaccine mandate.

No telling how many of you there actually are, but lately, you’re all over the news. Just last week, a nearly-30-year veteran of the San Jose Police Department surrendered his badge rather than comply with the city’s requirement that all employees be inoculated against COVID-19.

He joins an Army lieutenant colonel, some airline employees, a Major League Baseball executive, the choral director of the San Francisco Symphony, workers at the tax collector’s office in Orange County, Florida, and, incredibly, dozens of healthcare professionals.

Well, on behalf of the rest of us, the ones who miss concerts, restaurants and other people’s faces, the ones who are sick and tired of living in pandemic times, here’s a word of response to you quitters: Goodbye.

And here’s two more: Good riddance.

Not to minimize any of this. A few weeks ago, a hospital in upstate New York announced it would have to “pause” delivering babies because of resignations among its maternity staff. So the threat of difficult ramifications is certainly real. But on the plus side, your quitting goes a long way toward purging us of the gullible, the conspiracy-addled, the logic-impaired and the stubbornly ignorant. And that’s not nothing.

We’ve been down this road before. Whenever faced with some mandate imposed in the interest of the common good, some of us act like they just woke up on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall.

“There’s no freedom no more,” whined one man in video that recently aired on “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah.” The clip was from the 1980s, and the guy had just gotten a ticket for not wearing his seatbelt.

It’s an unfortunately common refrain. Can’t smoke in a movie theater? Can’t crank your music to headache decibels at 2 in the morning?

Can’t post the Ten Commandments in a courtroom? “There’s no freedom no more.” Some of you seem to think freedom means no one can be compelled to do, or refrain from doing, anything. But that’s not freedom, it’s anarchy.

Usually, the rest of us don’t agonize over your intransigence. Often it has no direct impact on us. The guy in “The Daily Show” clip was only demanding the right to skid across a highway on his face, after all.

But now you claim the right to risk the healthcare system and our personal lives.

So if you’re angry, guess what? You’re not the only ones.

The difference is, your anger is dumb, and ours is not.

Yours is about being coerced to do something you don’t want to do. Like that’s new. Like you’re not already required to get vaccinated to start school or travel to other countries. For that matter, you’re also required to mow your lawn, cover your hindparts and, yes, wear a seatbelt. So you’re mad at government and your job for doing what they’ve always done.

But the rest of us, we’re mad at you. Because this thing could have been over by now, and you’re the reason it isn’t.

That’s why we were glad President Biden stopped asking nicely, started requiring vaccinations everywhere he had power to do so. We were also glad when employers followed suit. And if that’s a problem for you, then, yes, goodbye, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, adios and adieu. We’ll miss you, to be sure. But you’re asking us to choose between your petulance and our lives.

And that’s really no choice at all.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article254469578.html

4. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Pathetic.

At least 10% of all health workers are refusing the vaccine, what does that tell you about your beloved experts?

Probably another 40% only allowed themselves to be coerced into the jab so they can go to pubs and on holidays, they don't actually think they need it.

Dianna1395 and Misty_K932 like this.
  5. Her Dividend

Local Time:
    Suggestion: don’t lead with naked paranoia.

Try punctuation, sourcing, logic, and reading credible newspapers. Some might even suggest community college or getting your GED.

6. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Naked snobbery at it's finest.

Suewiang likes this.
  7. Her Dividend

Local Time:
    Or standards. When discussing important matters, it should never be “anything goes.”

“Anything goes” is great for antivaxxer‘s because the more noise you make the better.

You just hope the garbage will stick to the wall.

8. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Keep digging.

9. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    12:23 PM
    There are already vaccine mandates in place but is there a heated debate going on about the efficacies of the polio or hepatitis vaccines? Have we all agreed that they are safe and effective as they have passed through rigorous testing? I don't hear anybody upset about needing a polio vaccine.

10. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    The fact is English is my third language yet you are struggling with it been your first.

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  11. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    You are getting hysterical. Years ago people would have taken you to one side and slapped you around the face until you snapped out of it. If only that happened at the beginning of this we wouldn't be in a such a mess now.

You are like the woman in this video, you probably approve of her behaviour. I think when you people finally snap out of your hysteria you will be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. The things you advocate are immoral and unethical.

Misty_K932 likes this.
  12. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I have had basically every vaccine available that is the "normal" definition of vaccine--including the shingles vaccine. If I were an anti vaxxer, why would I voluntarily take vaccines?

I am opposed to a jab that prior to Feb. 5, 2020 was not defined as a vaccine.

I ask again, are you this stupid or just being antagonistic?

I recommend you look up the word "tautology". Then YOU look in the mirror.

Suewiang likes this.
  13. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Sue(Wiang),

Is it correct to assume by your name that you are of Chinese origin? If so, could you comment on how China's response compares to the European one? Similar? Vastly different?

By the way, I think your comments are great. And thank you for trying to tackle it all in English.

14. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    I’m from Korea originally so as to China I know as much as you really lol

15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    O, mumps, measles, shingles, rubella, whooping cough, several boosters, etc. No complaints. Glad they are available. Of course I have to PAY for these.

I wonder why the last one is "free"?

I wonder why they are paying people to take it.

I wonder why they are forcing people to take it. (after all, polio killed)

I wonder why .....oh dear.....what will happen next?

Dianna1395 likes this.
  16. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Thanks. Forgive my assumption. Hard to tell with nicknames. I still laud you for engaging in a second or third language. Impressive.

17. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    I can speak a number of languages Korean and Laotian first then English,I also know some Japanese some Thai,and some Kam Tai, however writing them is never so easy especially punctuation so if I am not understood always I fully can accept that.

corsac and Lazlo Toth like this.
  18. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Via a spurious Report , you lot have dragged me back into this futile thread!

In the UK we are very fortunate that we don't pay for normal vaccination but we do if it's required for a holiday. (Holiday - used to be going to another place to enjoy a different area or culture)

I think the answer to the question @Lazlo Toth Is that it's cheaper to vaccinate than provide care for a large number that may swamp healthcare providers.

At this point the anti folk put their fingers in their ears and sing lalalala - it's always been about protecting the healthcare system from overload by people who may not die but need care to get better.

Vaccination would appear to lower that load but not eradicate it.

19. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    That doesn't make sense. The UK government has spent about 500 BILLION quid on this sham, just think how many hospitals they could have built for that.

And don't give me any rubbish about not having the staff to fill them, for that money they could have paid the staff double and attracted loads more.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  20. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    When did the Hippocratic oath change from “first do no harm“ to “do whatever Pfizer commands”?

TheEtruscan and Lazlo Toth like this.
  21. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Maid Carrie,

I FULLY AGREE with you that "vaccination" is a good thing for society. What I disagree with is that these shots are NOT vaccinations as we once knew them. They are experimental shots that have shown to be. at best, questionable experimental drugs.

You leapt straight from "it's cheaper to vaccinate" than to "hospitalize". That ignores the objection being made entirely.

I wish the group would quit ignoring the point we are trying to make here. The "anti folk" are not making the same point you assume we are.

Laz

22. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
  23. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    LOL - as a comment on the video says - "an edited video - quite well done - you can barely notice the joins - someone just edited out every 'un' from her rant."

Don't tell me you really believe that video is real - surely you're not that gullible?

This comment was also amusing - "Harris is a man; a male to female tranny. Why would you trust a deception like him? Get the hell over yourself Harris you pervert." An interesting insight ;)

24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    You really need to hone your sense of humor! Of course this was edited.

Suewiang and maid_carrie like this.
  25. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    If this is a "pandemic of the unvaccinated", why do the vaccinated need booster shots?

Dianna1395 and Suewiang like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice