Can't decide between MCN Contender and Evotion Orion

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by sonhee, Sep 13, 2021.

1. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    #1 sonhee, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    As mentioned above, I can't decide between the two. Without PA piercing for me (for now - it can be added to both of them later on.) Did anyone try both and find a favourite? Which one is better in terms of security, hygiene, and comfort?

So far (all theoretical) these are the pros I found:

MCN Contender Pros:
    • More hygienic and skin-friendly as less material is covering the penis
    • Metal looks better (?)
    • Option of a security screw

Evotion Orion:
    • Easier to put on (as you can pull the penis through before putting the glans cover on, while with a normal cage you need to use lube or a stocking)
    • More lightweight (I have low hanging balls, not sure if that means I need am extra light cage)
    • More secure against undetected pull-out due to the "headlock" feature
    • More exact sizing possible as it's 3D printed

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    There is a price difference to think of as well.

I do know that evotion will also print it like their nylon cages, if you prefer bars to the mesh designs.

Sorry, I can't recommend either as I haven't tried them. I'm also kicking around the idea of a custom cage, and these are the 2 that are the main contenders, so I'm interested in what others have to say.

3. Junebug15

Junebug15 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    Keep is posted

4. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Contender = $325 + $80 for optional security screw (instead of padlock) + $75 if >=3 inch (I have measured myself flaccid at around 8-10 cm so would presumably have to add this cost) = up to $480

Orion = "from" $359 (not sure which extra costs there are, it's not mentioned on the website)

Both + shipping from the US and customs.

So in terms of pricing I'd say they're quite comparable.

I'm currently leaning a bit towards the Orion because of (allegedly) better security, ease of putting it on, weight, and price. But skincare has been a problem for me in other 3D printed cages so this is the big argument for the Contender.

5. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I believe that the Orion price you quote is for the nylon version. The steel version is $975.

https://www.evotionwearables.com/custom-shop/orion-steel

6. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    You're right. I wouldn't get the steel version, that price is just crazy. I know that 3D printing metal is expensive, but it probably costs them $100-200 in material so I don't understand why they have marked it up that much. (Not sure of course whether they produce it in-house or not.)

7. Kat9s toy

Kat9s toy Long term member

California (US)
    Local Time:
    I have no experience with the Evotion Orion, so anything I say is obviously one-sided. I have been using a Contender for the past 15 month. I haven't found it difficult to put on. At one point, I needed to switch to a different size base ring. I had it unlocked, off, switched, back on & locked in just under 5 minutes.

It is comfortable and it is pretty easy to keep things clean. If the cage is removed, I usually use a bit of water-based lotion as a lube to slip it on.

Good luck!

8. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    It used to be quite cheaper. Like $650. But it seems that they are using better material now that is more expensive to print with and more difficult to work with. But yeah... They kinda priced themselves out of my budget. I mean... What if it doesn't fit right? Yeesh!

9. Locked4xxx

Locked4xxx Member

Local Time:
    MCN Contender. Hands down the best. If you get a PA....very secure. Evotion Orion is pretty but.... Its a pretty easy choice. I have tons of experience with multiple devices. It's a balancing act. The contender hits all the marks for 24/7 wear. You will not be disappointed. Plus Mark is easy to work with and reasonable for prices.

10. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    You can add a PA mount to a Contender by sending it back once you’re pierced.

You can tweak the metal device. The 3D printed cage needs a reprint.

My skin likes being confined by jewelry grade polished stainless steel far more than plastic. Clear drops of precum on steel is beautiful ;)

The brass lock is not more secure than the keyed screws. The brass seems to tarnish for me and get sticky.

The keyed screw for the MCN lock system stayed secure for over three months. It unfastened fine as well.

The Contender has a nice balanced weight to it. It feels nice. It doesn’t draw down.

I never used the stocking method except a few times when I read about it. I’ve been fine installing the cage.

My wife found the Contender much easier to install. The Orion was more of a puzzle, and easier to pinch skin on installation. She’s stuffed me back into my Malechastitynow cages without my help.

The 316 stainless doesn’t trip metal detectors or react to a 13,500 gauss permanent magnet. I bought the Evotion for travel but now I’ve found I don’t even have that excuse. I can stay locked in my stainless Malechastitynow cage :)

tecolote likes this.
  11. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Great writeup. Thanks for the comparison report.

I like the look of the Orion steel, but it's so expensive, and I worry about edema issues with so much steel covering the skin.... It could be a $1K paperweight.

12. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately I went ahead already and bought the Orion (nylon version) before you posted this. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision!

13. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    I have an Orion (non PA version) and am quite comfy in it for weeks at a time. As long as you've measured well and carefully you should be in good hands!

sonhee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice