Request for Reviews

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by Burger_01, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like your opinions. I know many of you have a couple of these good books, and given we're going to have some more time before we have a proper secure chastity device, I'd like to get my wife something to read. She's a beginner to chastity and to Femdom, so we're looking for introductory/self discovery books. Which of the following would you most recommend? THANKS!!!:tongue:

*From Wife to Dominatrix
    by Carmen V. Stern

*Whip Your Life into Shape!: The Dominatrix Principle
    by Emily Dubberley

*Female Domination
    by Elise Sutton

*The Sexually Dominant Woman: A Workbook for Nervous Beginners
    by Lady Green

*The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance
    by Lorelei

*Male Chastity: A Guide for Keyholders
    by Lucy Fairbourne

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    Wow, test my memory!

I keep saying I need to go and re-read what I own, and I own the following... (Just realised the only one I don't own is the fiction one!)

If you only bought one, I would say it has to be the *chastity bible*... Male Chastity. It has some basics on keyholding and (I think) a little bit on sceneing.

But looking further it might depend on where she is on the Domme scale!

If she has never considered being Dominant and is quite shy, then the Whip Your Life into Shape might be helpful as a first step. BUT it is a completely vanilla book about confidence and self esteem... nothing kinky about this book. (I *promise* I will do a full review very soon!) She probably doesn't need that book, but I do!

The other's I've skimmed and it was a while ago, so I can't help much.

3. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    At the time that the "...Nervous Beginners" and "...Good Girl's Guide..." were originally published (pre-internet) they were quite good for their stated purpose. Introductions to Female Dominance for vanilla folks, and they are more focused on bedroom FemDom than lifestyle practices, but that is the place to start. I bought them both way back when, and found almost nothing new in them, but several Ladies that I shared them with enjoyed them, including my wife/Mistress.

However, with the huge growth of Female Dominance websites operated by genuine practitioners, and many with forums populated by equally genuine and knowledgeable members, a person could assemble a much larger volume of ideas, thoughts, feelings, experiences, etc. of both the sexually-oriented scenes and the lifestyle varieties, and from a larger number of people, by building a "book" from a dozen or so websites. Such a collection would easily exceed those two books by many times over. Although your wife may prefer a conventional book versus a homemade collection. If you decide to go that route I'd be glad to pass along the good pages from websites that I have collected for my Mistress over the years.

The others I have not purchased, nor read. Elise Sutton does have a monthly posting at her website of past "letters" she's received and her responses that are fairly informative. A Dear Abby, advice column type of format.

Kinkish1

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    You've hit the nail on the head there.. She much prefers reading paper to a screen. Thanks for the offer to help though, and thanks to both of you for your highly valued replies :wink:

5. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    9:00 PM
    Burger,

of your list, I've only read Elsie Sutton and can say her work is really well done. I'd also like to suggest that while not a Chastity or Female domination book, "Screw the Roses, Give me the Thorns" is a classic book on BDSM that all people in the lifestyle should have. I guess you could call it the Bible of BDSM.

Tom

6. beltedone

beltedone Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    Tales of the Submissive Male

Hi - My book - tales of the submissive male - just came out on loveyoudivine. It is mostly chastity stories. You, your Mistress and all the other subbies here will enjoy it. Some of the stories have been on altarboy and other websites. They are smoking. Here is the link to the ebook. It will be in paper on amazon in a few weeks. Enjoy!

beltedone

http://www.loveyoudivine.com/index....id=334&zenid=9d3efda794e8b7f55df9280a13f3d630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice