Recommendations for 24/7 wear for someone who has been out of the loop

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Gwyndolin, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Gwyndolin

Gwyndolin Member

Europe
    Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    Hello, everyone!

Me and my partner want to get into keeping me in chastity long-term (several months, including nights) and we are curious about which device would be best for that purpose. I have been out of the loop for a couple of years though and don't know about any brands or devices that may have popped up during that time.

I used to be the kind of person who would rather go for several cheap chinese devices than one high-quality, but expensive device. Many of them turned out to be disappointing, but they did help me figure out which issues to look out for:

~ I'm very much a grower (2 inches when flaccid, 4.5 inches when erect.) This has often led to problems. Cages are often either too small for me during an erection (leading to the usual discomfort from the cage being pushed forward) or too big when limp (which often leads the penis to sit awkwardly within the cage while flaccid, and then not fill out the cage properly when erect again, which is made worse by me also being relatively narrow, though this issue could be solved by regularly applying lube)

~ I prefer metal cages because I don't have to worry about them accidentally breaking. But I have also found that metal cages that weigh a lot make it more difficult to sleep without waking up, since with lightweight cages, the penis can sit in whichever position it wants to, while with heavier ones force the penis into awkward positions or angles. A light-weight metal cage or a sturdy cage of some other material would be best.

~ I have had a lot of problems with sleeping in cages, as described above. A cage that is comfortable to sleep in would be really important.

~ I find that cages where the gap between the ring and the cage is too big can lead to the testicles slipping out on their own, unless I keep readjusting the cage all the time. A cage where that gap is relatively small would be the best. I don't have a PA piercing and I'm a bit too scared to use a urethral insert, due to the infection risks I have heard about. That means that I could likely pull out out of any cage. If the testicles were properly trapped between the ring and cage, that would help make sure that I still couldn't entirely take it off.

~ If possible, it shouldn't be too pricey. Anything up to $200 would be perfectly fine, and there is some wiggle room above that.

Any help whatsoever is highly appreciated!

2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    7:38 PM
    If you are "all-in" on this I would get a Mature Metal and let your partner pick the design out. It is over your price range, but if you are doing to be wearing this all the time it is probably worth it. It is on a pretty important part of your body and it is in your best interest to get something really good. Just my opinion.

3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    As mentioned, you can’t go wrong with a mature metal cage. I believe male chastity now sells semi custom cages at a reasonable price. In Europe I think there is a company called red chili but I’ve never worn them. Rigid chastity (which I wear) has a selection of PA and non PA devices. They take 5-10 months to deliver and do not interact with you once you order, and somewhat pricey. The devices are excellent however.

You could also do a lot of searching, and find a cheap one online that is not too big and not too small but just right…the Goldilocks.

If you do go the cheap device route, know that there are little things you can do to make the device a bit more wearable. If the device has two vertical bars on the tip of cage, slightly bend them closer together to avoid tip of penis pushing through. You can also take a dremel tool with a buffing wheel and remove any rough patches or small imperfections, as well as taking off any sharp corners of the lock.

Good luck

rhodry04, Jammy and Gwyndolin like this.
  4. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    4:38 PM
    There is no option that is good for everyone. You may get lucky and find a great fitting cage off the shelf, but it will likely take months of trying to find it, if it even exists. But the reality is that you will probably need a custom made cage, and those are above the $200 price range. Honestly you should budget for some replacement parts to account for bad measurements. You would be lucky to get the right cage with the right fit for less than $600. It can probably be done for about $400, but you should expect to pay more and hope to get lucky and not need any replacement parts because of bad measurements.

Until you are ready for that investment, I suggest sticking with Chinese cages for $10-$40. Most of what you can get for $50-$200 is probably going to be a disappointment (unless it's custom).

I've not been a customer, but you might look at Male Chastity Now. People seem to like the product, and it's the most affordable custom metal cage that I know of, starting around $330.

King Hippo and Gwyndolin like this.
  5. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    Surgical nylon cages don't break, and are light. As far as I know this means Evotion Wearables or Custom Chastity.

ChasteCel and Gwyndolin like this.
  6. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    Of course I can only speak to what I know. Tried plastic for a while and I have to say, long term in my opinion, not easy. I spent the money and got a custom fit “Mature Metal” cage and it was money very well spent. Take careful measurements and when in doubt go smaller. Really. Right out of the box I could put that on and take it off only when instructed to do so. Easy to clean and inspect while wearing. Super high quality. Someone told me this tip, not my personal idea….., a shaving brush makes hygiene while wearing the cage easy. I don’t know what the definition of long term is. Just now hitting five weeks for the first time. Cage hasn’t been off. Work, gym. . . , no problem. I almost always learn something about myself and my relationships when I lock up.

7. Gwyndolin

Gwyndolin Member

Europe
    Local Time:
    I have been thinking about getting a Mature Metal for a while, but what has always kept me from getting one is that I have tried a few chinese knockoffs of them and didn't have much luck with those at all. I could never sleep them in them, for example, and accidental slipouts were often an issue.

Would you say the real deal differs substantially from those chinese knockoffs? Or are Mature Metal cages just not for me?

Also, do Mature Metal cages work for people who are severe growers? Are there any tips you could give for someone who is a grower as to how to measure correctly for them?

8. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    One feature in MM had the Oval ring. Let’s say you get. 1.5 inch diameter... they make it .125 inches more narrow up and down and .125 inches wider left and right.

you can also get a gap meaurement you desire... 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch which is applicable on the ring partition. So you could get a couple ring which are about 50 each if you wanted.

they also have a security screw which will stop all body nicking from a lock.

I could give you a ton more features but the best is the customer service. Any email or phone you give them is immediately answered by the maker or his wife or return emailed or called in 24 hours.

they are the best if you live in the US.

Gwyndolin likes this.
  9. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    Stop right there!

The reason you're getting erections in your cage is because the cage is TOO BIG.
    The penis is highly compressible along it's length, so much so nearly all men can push it back on itself so that is completely retreats into your groin. To see just how far you can compress your penis back, just look at some examples of tucking (there was a recent thread).
    You should have a cage that is slightly shorter than your flaccid length, and that's on a cold day when it's quite short. Most of the time the head of your penis should be touching the end of your cage, if it's not, the cage is much too long, causing you the problem you describe.

If your cage is too long, then that gives the penis room to start an erection. When it does, there's no stopping it, blood flows and causes pressure, within a cage enough to cause pain.
    If your cage is very short, then there is no room for the penis to expand, so it doesn't start filling with blood, so there's no (or far less) pressure.

After not very long [time] with a short [dimension] cage, your body [and mind] gets used to the fact that you can't have erections, so you don't. Problem solved.

gingers_sub, Jammy and Gwyndolin like this.
  10. Gwyndolin

Gwyndolin Member

Europe
    Local Time:
    I can press it inside me pretty easily until it's completely gone, at least when flaccid. The problem I have is that rather than not getting erect in a small cage (I have a couple small to very small chinese devices), it will get erect regardless and the cage will be pushed forward, while the mons pubis area grows a lot larger (not sure how else to explain it. It's sorta like the tip of the penis will stay in the cage, while the rest of the erection is pushed inside the body but is very erect there and pushes that entire area forward.) I haven't had any luck preventing an erection with a cage and I don't know how people manage to do that.

11. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    On a completely different subject on the same topic, have you tried a retaining belt? Basically, it is a strap of some sort attached to the cage base ring and goes around the waist as a support belt that prevents the cage from dropping, supports the weight of the device, pulls it close to the body so that the cage is more difficult to push away during an erection attempt, and helps to prevent pullout. You can make your own with materials you can get from a sewing store. Some people make their own with shoestring, paracord, chain, or elastic straps.

The custom cage route through Mature Metal does have a punishment pin option and they do other custom work on their cages upon request and if they can’t do it they are willing to point you to who can. As others have mentioned they do in fact have top notch customer service and if for any reason you need to make some adjustment they are very quick at getting that particular work done.

There is at least one cage on the market right now that pushes the whole penis inward, I think it’s called an inverted cage so if the problem you mentioned above about push out is really the problem then if you are so inclined you might want to look that up if you think that’s the problem. I would think for most individuals the problems they experience with a cage are a combination of length of cage, base ring size, gap, and cage inner diameter being all wrong…cheap cages are a means to finding something better and figuring out problems. When you wear your first custom cage in whatever form that takes there is usually a stark contrast from the feeling and detail quality from cheap to custom.

Jammy, Gwyndolin and bondinchas like this.
  12. Gwyndolin

Gwyndolin Member

Europe
    Local Time:
    It's something I considered. My only worry is if I get one that is either a bit too bulky (I think I mentioned earlier that I have one cheap chinese belt, and found that too bulky and uncomfortable to wear for longer periods of time, though that likely also has to do with how cheaply it is built) or that it will be so flimsy that I will worry about either breaking it accidentally over time just through normal moving around, or that it won't withstand showers (if it's a leather belt strap.) Are there ones that don't fall into either category that you can think of?

If I can talk myself into spending that amount of money on a cage, I will keep in mind to contact them about those issues for sure, thank you for letting me know!

Pins may be a great idea. The only proper cage I own is a CB6000s, and I have had some success with the KDG-3 (I believe it was called?) to prevent the issue of things moving around too much or getting stuck in weird positions when flaccid. I assume anti-pullout pins would work in a similar way?

That's great to hear! Since the CB6000s is the only higher-quality(ish) cage I own, I don't have much experience with high-quality ones and often worried that there wouldn't really be too much of a difference between cheap and high-end ones, at least not so much as to justify the price difference.

Do you happen to know whether inverted cages would always require a strap? I'm really interested in them. I checked out one such cage yesterday after reading about it in another thread on here, but the shop page for it said that a strap is pretty much required for it. (I can't remember the name of the model for the life of me, but I remember it coming in red by default.)

13. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @Gwyndolin a metal cage with a round ring thats not thin is best for a comfy one.
    if you get tease a bit then what you say bout a lump come just above your cage well thats cos you have got a bit excite and it will happen. i spose really it depend on how big you are. If you are big then it gonna hurt a bit , i am only small and my one dont get proper hard now cos i take hormones but it dose get a bit bigger when i am tease and a little lump dose come on me.

MissyB likes this.
  14. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I retract my recommendation to get a custom cage. Not because you have special needs, but because until you figure out how to find a correct size, the money spent on a cage would be wasted. Spend a year with several cheap cages until you find something that works (or almost works) for you. Then you will be better able to get a good fit for your custom cage.

Spoiler alert: smaller is better. If you don't give room to grow, you grow less. You will never eliminate the issue you describe completely, but you can reduce the effect.

bondinchas and Jammy like this.
  15. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    If you’re worried about being a grower, you miss the point. If you get a custom cage that truly fits well, then your flaccid penis will take up the entire cage. There IS NO GROWING. In my plastic cage attempts at erection were quite uncomfortable. In the custom mature metal cage there is some pressure and a feeling like my package is heavier but not uncomfortable and certainly no growing.

bondinchas and Jammy like this.
  16. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    I like the retaining belt idea. I’ve tried using rope and bungee cord which hold the ring well but not very comfortable. Any pre-made straps out there?or any instructions some where online to show how to make them?

17. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    There are premade straps you can buy from Etsy and EBay from different sellers. I’ve made my own before and my tips to them would be that trial and error and what is comfortable for you is a learning process. If you use cord that is too thin it will cut into you. I’ve heard of some people using shoestrings because they are more flat but I’ve used paracord before and it worked fine but you have to remember to not go too tight. You’ll know quickly if it is and can make another accordingly. A flat cloth tape measure for sewing would be helpful here to find your size. Attaching the cord/ belt to the ring is where things can get tricky because if you attach it through the base ring parts of it would be touching the skin that goes through the ring. With locking post style closing designs you can attach the cord to the post before the cage portion in the space between at the gap. I’ve found this to work particularly well with the cb6000 series with the two posts on either side of the central locking pin bit it works with the mature metal style belts that use a locking post too. For belts that use the magic locker trailer hitch/furniture locks, I haven’t found a way short of attaching to the base ring itself. I have made one out of chain before from a roll of jewelry style chain you can get from Amazon in different lengths and my advice there would be again don’t go too small in diameter. Hardware store chain in stainless I’ve found to be too bulky, heavy, and hard to conceal under clothing. Something like curb chain and stainless steel jump rings in larger diameters works well but this is a more expensive option and takes a good bit of adjustment and again trial and error to get right but once you find the fit it makes for an interesting chastity experience. The least expensive and I think one the easiest ways to play with this idea would be shoestrings or paracord to try this out.

Gwyndolin and Locked Sam like this.
  18. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    You can make a simple and comfortable waistband with paracord that will keep the cage closer to the body. I recommend using 100% nylon paracord (MIL-C-5040) instead of the cheaper polyester cord. The nylon dries quickly and doesn't get a mildew smell.

Securing the paracord with an adjustable knot will allow you to change the tension throughout the day, and for different activities (there is a pic in my gallery). For example you may prefer it tight for sleeping, looser to hang more naturally while in trousers, then the most loose to point down while using the toilet.

Tom Cross likes this.
  19. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    As for sizing, I'm also a "grower", and have learned a few things about what works for me. I`very been full time for a couple of years, and often go months without any sort of cage removal (last time out was about 3 months ago for a quick play session with my KH).

The recipie that's worked for me:
    • High quality open design cage (MM jailbird for me)
    • I sand the base ring perfectly smooth and highly polish it, otherwise I get ring burn
    • Cage is just slightly shorter than my flaccid length, with a little room an the diameter when absolutely flaccid to let the skin air out (it's very snug at the first sign of excitement). I have a smaller jailbird that compesses me when flaccid but it's hard to keep the skin dry and healthy for weeks at a time if the skin stays bunched up.
    • I prefer a round base ring, with a vertical gap. Meaning the cage is almost tight against the base ring on the attach post. The gap for the balls is mostly up and down (faces forward). Being a grower, I found my erection attempts would squeeze the cords to my balls (turn blue) if the base ring was close to my flaccid diameter, but the forward facing gap allows a small ball gap with room for the erection attempt at the base ring. It also means more of the grower shift is inside the cage where it can fight the erection attempt
    • Adjustable waistband to support the weight a bit
    • Wash in the shower every day, blow dry, then baby powder to keep everything dry and free to move throughout the day
    • A tiny (3 mm) dab of lanolin under the base ring if I get ball burn

Tom Cross and Gwyndolin like this.
  20. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    That is brilliant. Thanks. I’m definitely going to try that.

Tom Cross likes this.
  21. feathers.sub

feathers.sub feathers sub

Yes!
    Germany / Berlin
    Local Time:
    Hello,

I was wearing a cheap cage which I bought (together with some other models to get an idea regarding sizing via "Alibaba").
    Finally I ended up with a steal cage which worked ok, but needed frequent readjustment because it tent to follow gravity.
    @feather requested that I took measurement and then ordered the Cobra chastity cage from https://kink3d.com/ .
    It's super lightweight and also fits perfectly.
    I don't have to readjust a lot.
    As such I can highly recommend this modell, but I haven't wear it long enough to give a qualifies feedback regarding cleaning.
    It seems to me, that it's a bit harder to clean while wearing compared to a steel cage.
    Would love to wear it over longer periods which will help reducing "sub drops".
    Unfortunately I haven't seen a cheap knock of cage of the "cobra" modell, but I which I had come across it sooner.

Would love to hear which model you'll get in the end. Good luck finding the right modell.

feathers sub

Tom Cross, Gwyndolin and feather like this.
  22. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I agree! You don’t want any room to grow, it just makes it more uncomfortable.

23. gibnot

gibnot Locked Member

Local Time:
    Don't waste time with toys, been neosteel since 2010 no worries 24/7/365 if tight fits well and two weeks adjustment and go. Have three and they work if not neo custom fab to life cast

24. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    If sleeping in a metal cage is a problem, you could try having a mid priced resin cage like a Cherry Keeper for sleeping. They are very light, and wife you switch you in and out. I know others who use this approach with a very small cage during the day and something a bit more comfortable at night. Good luck and enjoy.

BlokeDenied and Tom Cross like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice