Improved padlock security

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Mark121, May 26, 2010.

1. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    I am a real fanatic for security in my chastity device. I got a PA piercing because it was the only way that I could make my ball-trap device 100% proof against "pull out". I bought a Mature Metal device to replace my plastic CB3K, as the plastic never felt secure enough. There's nothing like the feel of metal for a secure device! It makes the difference between a toy and the real thing.

The weak link in the security is the padlock. I've tried to find a high security padlock, but the smallest I can find is still much too large, compared to the luggage type padlock commonly used. Though I am not a professional locksmith, it is fairly easy to find instructions on lock-picking on the Internet, and the luggage padlocks are simple enough that someone with very minimal skill would be able to open one without difficulty. So, if you can't have a secure padlock, the next best thing is to find a way to make the system "tamper evident". After looking at plastic locking tags, as comes with the CB3K, I found a solution that I think is even better.

My answer is the use of tamper evident, numbered labels, that can be applied over the keyway of the padlock, making it impossible to pick or open without leaving evidence. These labels are made by a company called "Global Holographics", and they sell through eBay. A sheet of 100 stickers costs $10. The sales rep told me that they do not repeat numbers. The current run has 5 digit numbers, and when they reach 99999, they will add a 6th digit. They are just the right size to cover the end of the lock.

This raises some interesting possibilities. For one thing, there is no worry about key security, as the key cannot be used without discovery. The man can have an emergency key without any special precautions. In fact, the device wearer could also be the one to hold the key: just one more service to provide for the Mistress. It would be even more frustrating to have the key, but not be able to use it!

I added a new album to my profile, showing the labels and how they work. As usual, the pictures wound up in the album in random order. I numbered the captions to make some sort of logical sequence. They show the label in place, and what it looks like if one is removed and replaced. When peeled back, part of the label stays behind. Even if the label is pressed back down, the part that separated is still visible. Whatever residue is left on the lock is easily cleaned off with nail polish remover, following an authorized removal.

I think these labels make for a chastity system that is 100% secure. With a PA piercing, there is no pullout, and with the label, there is no opening the lock without detection. IOW, there is NO escape!

2. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    This looks like a great added security measure but, I only have one question, is it waterproof? Mistress R., make me take baths and not showers. This way i can keep the tube clean and get my legs shaved too. After how many baths are these stickers going to start coming loose?

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:40 PM
    I'm sorry about the randomness... it's something I complain about every time I upload, but hopefully that will all be sorted at the new Forum!

They are AMAZING! I think they're a great added security measure.

I'd like to know if they're waterproof too. Thanks for asking jaimelynn.

4. Mark121

Local Time:
    WRT waterproof: I really don't know. I haven't tried it. They really, really stick well to the metal though. They also stick well to the plastic coating on the side of the lock, if you choose to put them on so they go across the lock front to back. It could be a concern if water works its way into the lock, and can't get out because of the label. I can see where that could gum up the works inside over a period of time.

I suspect that these are the kinds of questions that might take time and experience to answer. I wouldn't expect the label manufacturer to be able to provide any advice relevant to our interests. I can try the simple "do they hold up when soaked in water" experiment over the next few days and post the results back here.

5. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    They seem like a really good idea, a lot of states use this same technology for license plate renewal stickers, with the "void" showing up if pulled off. But, my train of thought took another turn for the worst, not only do they have to be waterproof, which i suspect they are pretty good, but while in the bath,:chores026: there is mineral oil, soap, and other fragrance products in the water too. They would have to stand up to these additives too.

Another bad thought, what about doing strenuous activities and sweating?

Don't get me wrong i do love the idea, but inquiring minds want to know.

6. Mark121

Local Time:
    Update: I tried soaking a lock with label applied in water for about 16 hours. It did seem to soften the label somewhat, but it was still quite firmly attached, and, if anything, left even MORE silver residue on the lock when peeled back. As far as soaps, oils, etc, I think you will have to try those for yourself. As I said, a sheet of 100 is only $10, and shipping is free.

7. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's awesome news Mark... I'm sure everyone will appreciate you testing it for us. :Locker:

8. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the in depth(water) testing, Mistress, might consider this for future reference.

9. premeet01245

premeet01245 Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    it's great information can I also write on it some think?

10. Mark121

Local Time:
    premeet01245:

I don't see why you couldn't write on them with a very fine tipped Sharpie pen, though they are not very big and there is not a lot of empty space to write in. Just curious, but what do you have in mind?

Anyone interested:

I have had some people report that they have trouble finding the labels on eBay. Do a search with the terms, "numbered tamper evident labels", and you should find them.

11. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    I found loads in the UK with the following eBay search - tamper* (label*,stick*)

12. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I know its an old topic, but only jut noticed it due to the other post made today.
    I nearly didn't post this as I don't want to break the illusion of security. :angledevil3jb:
    If you don't want to know more about these labels do not click the "show" button.
    I've found from past experience with "tamper proof" labels a little heat from a hair dryer and a craft knife can remove them without damaging them or leaving the "void", "tampered" message. I've removed a lot of these labels in the past, nothing related to chastity though.

The way these labels work is they use two types of glue, one for the message and one for the rest. then you peel them the stronger 'message' glue stays behind on the object its stuck to. Heat them up and the glue melts back to the label allowing the label to be lifted with a craft knife and peeled away intact. Stick the label on a CD case then open the device as many times as you want, then when you need to, heat it back off the CD case and then put it back on the device.

No... I've never opened an electrical device while keeping the warranty seal intact incase it needed to go back for repair *cough*xbox*cough*. Honest [​IMG]

13. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    I, for one, am glad you posted that because we're looking for something which allows the carriage of an emergency key but prevents its use without detection and also prevents attempts at lock picking.

What about the type of labels which break up when you try to remove them - like these? I like the idea of the personalised text too!!

14. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Those are better then the plastic silvery type labels, the thinner the label the better. but if you take your time and apply heat the label should come away, but the paper labels you have linked to take a lot more practise to master removing them...

There's a brand of DVD drive that uses the same type of label but much smaller, the first few I tore the label but after a while I figured out that I needed to cushion the force I applied on the label as I was removing it and bingo I got the bugger off without damaging it. Though I still bugger a few of them up from time to time.

I dunno how big the labels are but you could wrap the spare key in a label, the uneveness of the key would that it very hard to remove and re-use the label without destroying it. But doesn't remove the option of picking the lock.

My Mistress has said many of times to me that she trusts me with my key (she likes me to wear her lock) but the fact of the matter is I don't trust myself. So what I did was take the next size up locking pin and drill a another hole into the pin. So now when I'm locked, I'm locked with her padlock but that is backed up with a numbered plastic lock. So if I did pick or use the key on the lock, the numbered lock acts as a back up. I have yet found away to defect these plastic locks without damaging the lock and they come in at 65p per lock.
    pin.png

But sadly from your pic you have a nicer CB

/me is jelous :p

I'll have a think :)

15. sissy_ty

sissy_ty Member

Local Time:
    I use evidence tape. Ive yet to be able to get it off the lock using a blow dryer without leaving pieces behind. I get mine from Here

16. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The jagged edges would it much harder. never tried "evidence tape" as i've never had to break into any ;-)

17. Mark121

Local Time:
    The problem with the paper labels and evidence tape is the lack of non-repeating serial numbers. There is nothing to prevent destroying the label, and replacing it with a new one. The numbered plastic tags would not be removable, but would require holes in the chastity device for it to go through. I don't think my MM-WM device has such holes (yet). I'll try the blow dryer trick, and if it works, I'll have to look at the plastic tags again.

18. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    I believe some of those labels are printed with a thermal printer on heat sensitive plastic. If so, then they would turn black if you heated them. The only downside I can see is the curing time for the adhesive to bond fully but, then, you couldn't use heat because the label would blacken. I'll have to investigate further but it's looking like the best bet so far.

Yes, it's a My-Steel.
    [​IMG]

I found it too easy to defeat the CB-n000 series and the Curve with a vibrator or simply by shaking them. I can't defeat the My-Steel that way at all and it's far more comfortable.

19. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    The people who do the labels in the link I provided do have the option of serial numbering and I'm going to investigate whether they do them on heat sensitive material.

20. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I don't quite get how this works so great. When you remove one of the labels, it leaves traces of the label on the lock, traces that can't be removed, right? So how many times can you re-use that lock before it's got so much junk on it that you can't tell what's from an old label, and what's from the new one?

21. Mark121

Local Time:
    When you remove the label, it destroys the label, so you can't remove it, then put it back without the KH knowing. You can clean the lock each time, to get it ready for a new label.

22. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    Thanks. Can you post a link to the specific label in your photos? I found some online, but am not sure they are as good for our purpose as the ones you have.

23. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:

Well I got the following reply after some queries:-

So it looks like the dirct thermal medium which would reveal the use of a heat gun by turning black are paper based and so not suitable for our use as we need waterproof labels. However, the polyester ones look good and I'm not sure I would want to try pointing a heat gun at my "precious bits" anyway!!

I think I'll order some and experiment with them.

24. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    I now have those polyester labels (with serial numbering and personalised text) and they are excellent! The label itself is thin enough that any attempt to remove it results in the plastic stretching and tearing. In fact, they are so thin that pressing one into position over a key-hole can easily result in the label tearing at that point! However, that's easily solved with a disc of that plastic used for the stiff blister packs which are such a pain to open. If there's any chance of the label getting accidentally damaged, I would suggest protecting it with clear sticky-tape.

25. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    This is the link to the ones I bought. They are waterproof (they're polyester plastic) and the glue is good enough that straight away you can't remove them even from chrome plated brass with a scalpel, let alone after 24 hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice