Rigid chastity model 05 review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Nicoftime, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FetishDynasty

FetishDynasty Active member

Local Time:
    8:23 AM
    I paid the rush fee and I received the cage within 6 weeks.

2. TiedSwitch

TiedSwitch Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    Doesn't look like there's a rush option anymore. I'm about to order one, but just E-mailed them asking about some extra parts. Depending on cost, I'd love to get a 6ga hook and a 4ga hook, as well as 2 different sized rings for max flexibility. I'm getting pierced in a few weeks and I don't know how big I want to stretch.

Are the locks a standard type/size? I feel like I read somewhere that you could spend a little more for a lock that'll hold up to water and soap for a longer period of time.

I'm super nervous, but so excited at the same time.

3. TiedSwitch

TiedSwitch Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    Oh crap, I didn't realize who I was replying to. I follow you on Insta and watched you get locked on Damazonia's twitter feed :)

4. FetishDynasty

Local Time:
    I proposed the rush fee myself and they went for it. Not an official policy and no idea if they would ever do it again.

Can't comment on the lock, but the one in the cage seems quite durable. It's all brass and stainless steel so I guess we'll see.

Chastity is a journey as I have found out. Not something to be entered into lightly nor rushed.

5. FetishDynasty

Local Time:
    Haha Glad to hear it! That was quite a night. She says we will take it "one year at a time." Shit.

meuk85 likes this.
  6. kimmie_maid

kimmie_maid Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    4:23 PM
    Hi Nicoftime
    Thank you for all your advice on the forum. Would you be so kind as to answer another measuring question please.

When measuring the underside from the seated position for a Rigid cage (as per the website instructions) do you recommend knees together or apart? To put it another way, balls on top of thighs or on the seat. I ask because I get a 20 to 25mm shorter measurement with knees together. I hope you can help before I make the order.

7. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    I would say together. Think of it this way. You measure as if you were taking a bath in ice water at a funeral...the shortest your penis ever gets.

You see, because this design has you attached to the cage, you don’t want it pulling on your penis when you shrink. Believe it or not, we do that a lot more than you think in a day.

8. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    I too ordered a Modular #5 in July 2020 and just received late January.

The prior 12 months I spent in the knockoff number 2 model of which I ordered 2 with different sized A rings. I worked out that the 45mm was just a bit too tight resulting in scrotum irritation while the 50mm was a bit too large and a ball could pull out (with some pain).

The Rigid Chastity has a 48 mm A ring, that is perfect. The workmanship is first class. The fit is perfect and extremely comfortable. There isn't the sloppy fit of the knock off which makes the device that much more comfortable. I went for the same length of cage as the knockoff, 50mm, and the internal diameter of 37mm. 0 gauge hollow PA hook and the security seal hole in the lock housing.

The difference in the PA is that the knockoff design is not 0 gauge where it should be. The pee through hole section is, but the diameter of the supporting post is less. This is dangerous as your piercing can contract while wearing and makes it very hard to remove. The Rigid Chastity PA hook is 0 gauge all over . This also assists in reducing mess while peeing. Tighter fit on the piercing means no leaks, everything comes out the end of the PA hook. I can even pee while standing up now. (not that I'm allowed). This design and even the knockoff does not put weight on your piercing, something that resulted in the disgarding of the Loris number 5A we had used for 7 years. Its unsupported weight eventually started a migration.

The wait for the device was excruciating made worse by the poor communication from Rigid Chastity. This is a real shame, as the work they do is exceptional.

My key holder has giving me 2 weeks to get used to the new device before she installs the security seal. Then I am no longer allowed to ask or even hint at wanting to be unlocked.

Highly recommend the product, not so much the customer service.

9. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi everyone.

There is some really great content in this thread, so thank you so much for starting it. Given the number of people in this thread with experience in Rigid devices I was hoping to ask a quick question on fit.

Just a quick bit of background first:
    • Pierced over a year ago at 6 gauge and everything has fully healed.
    • Recently ordered a Model 1, receiving it a little over 2 weeks ago..
    • Been locked 24/7 for 2 weeks and everything has been fine to my knowledge.

I removed the cage for the first time yesterday and I noticed 2 issues.

1. First, there was some irritation on the underside of my shaft where the rod that connects the PA to the ring is. The rest of my shaft was totally fine, but the sink above the rode was a bit red and agitated.
    2. When I was removing the rod from my PA, I noticed my skin was stuck to the rod on the underside of the shaft just behind the PA hole (~2mm back from the piercing). To be clear, the piercing itself was totally fine, it was the skin just behind the piercing that was of concern. A gentle tug separated the skin from the rod, but resulted in minor bleeding. I could be mistaken but it sounds like a similar issue to the one posted here.

I've reached out to Rigid, but I was hoping to post here as well to see if anyone else has had similar experiences? It's entirely possible my cleaning regimen is not up to scratch, or that I'm not doing something correctly, or that the device is not fit quite right so any input from people with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

10. FetishDynasty

Local Time:
    Hmmm...something is definitely not right there. I have never experienced anything like that (I've worn a Model 05 for six months without removal with zero issues except for frustration).

Kind of sounds like the tube might be too small/tight or that cleaning is an issue. If you let schmutz build up in there it will gum things up and start to collect other detritus like dead skin and such (not scientifically proven, of course). If skin gets stuck to the metal it will just get worse and then tear when pulled away.

I am very, very fastidious with cleaning, though. I get in there with a child's toothbrush (small, soft bristles) a few times a week and literally scrub all around the inside of the cage with bar soap and then rinse thoroughly (using a chopstick to push my penis away from the cage to allow the shower water to flow in and flush away the soap).

11. FetishDynasty

Local Time:
    I also use a hair dryer to dry inside the tube after a shower or bath. Moisture leads to stank.

12. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the response @FetishDynasty. I'm definitely leaning toward the cage length being too short, but interestingly Rigid got back to me suggesting that a gauge up might be the answer (I'm current a 6 gauge and they recommend a minimum of 4 gauge or ideally 2 gauge).

I know everyone's anatomy is different, but may I ask what length you provide for your model 5? From what I have read around the different forms my measurement of 48mm for length seems to be somewhere in the middle of what people order (ie some order shorter and others longer). That said, 48mm seems short once it arrived in person, hence the question.

Thanks!

13. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    Hello, yes as what @FetishDynasty has outlined, I too have never had that problem during extremely long lock up times and clean the device in the shower using similar techniques, but I do use a hand shower on a strong setting that forces water through the entire device. It may well be an issue with the 6 gauge and it may be worth your while to stretch to 4 or even 2 as suggested by Rigid Chastity. It could be that the piercing is getting mildly irritated by the pushing pressure by the rod from the front of the device holding your glands back., the discharge from the irritation ending up on the skin and sticking to the rod. The device works best at a short length and wider diameter. The short length prevents any erections pressure and the wider diameter allowing the penis to be in a flaccid state with enough room.

Hope that is of some assistance.

14. FetishDynasty

Local Time:
    I went with the following measurements (I am pretty average).

Rigid Cage no.5

Scrotum 42mm
    Length 55mm
    Diameter 37mm 7m

I finished stretching at a 6 gauge piercing and went with the 6 gauge for the rod.

It's as perfect as can be for me. No issues, ever. Long term wear.

15. strugglesofdenial2013

USA
    Local Time:
    I ordered the model 10. It is 46 scrotum, 44 inside and 60mm length.
    Do you think there is any issue if the scrotum ring is too large?
    I'm worried about edema if it is too tight.

16. Triton13

Triton13 Member

Local Time:
    I have the model 10, it is the absolute best device I've ever had. If the Scrotum Ring is too large it might slip down.

Attached Files:

17. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I don't have the number 10, but from experience with the number 5 and 1 the main issue seems to be around the length. Assuming you have that (the length) right you should be good. I would assume if the scrotum ring is too large the device could slip down and put pressure on the piercing, but that scrotum ring would have to be SUPER loose. One thing to note, at a certain point the scrotum ring gets so large that it can be uncomfortable sitting down with that ring in position pushing on the inside of the legs. I'm sure every individual is different, but I find that size to be anything greater than 50mm in diameter for me personally.

18. strugglesofdenial2013

USA
    Local Time:
    I have a Lori and the cage is 2.5 inches. Converting into MM it was between 60 and 65 length. I ended up ordering the 60 length. From the information I’m getting the Rigid is really different than most chastity cages and the length should be much shorter than what I expected. Do you think I should go smaller than 60 length?

19. strugglesofdenial2013

USA
    Local Time:
    What do you think about length?

20. strugglesofdenial2013

USA
    Local Time:
    What was the size scrotum ring, inside diameter and length did you order?

21. strugglesofdenial2013

USA
    Local Time:
    Photo is my Lori. Should I go smaller with the Model 10? 645D1B2F-A129-44A4-BFD1-E57F3A887E39.jpeg

22. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Yup - Rigid definitely suggest going shorter. In my case, I ended up going too short (so I THINK). I ordered a Model 1 (46 mm scrotum ring, 37mm inner ring, 48mm length) and after a month of wearing it pretty regularly I kept getting raw just behind my piercing on the underside of my shaft. I've asked for input here and from Rigid directly and my conclusion (at this point) is that I went too short - note I consider myself average size (nothing fancy). I've asked for a new cage with the same specs but at 55mm.

So in regards to your question - 60mm seems fine but that really is down to your own anatomy. I think they suggest going shorter so that the rod going through the PA doesn't put pressure on the piercing when you are at your smallest.

For me, I get wildly different measurements depending on how I measure. Sitting down and leaning slightly forward (presumably the smallest I will be) I get about 50mm. However when I standup and lean slightly forward I get close to 80mm.

If we were to take Rigid's advice regarding measurements then I would take 60% of my 50mm measure which would be even smaller than my current cage and given my experience that would be even worse. Rather than following Rigid's guidance to the letter, I've opt to find a length that is still on the smaller side but where sitting down I wouldn't be totally squashed in the cage (but it would still be snug - NOT super tight).

At the end of the day your milage will vary, but do post back how you go so others here can learn from your experience - I will do the same. At the moment I'm having difficulty getting in touch with Rigid, but I'm not concerned - I'm sure they are just busy.

Final point, if you do get the measurement incorrect they can shorten the length of an existing cage, but they CANNOT lengthen it. We all hope to get the measurements right the first time around, but maybe err on the side of SLIGHTLY longer knowing that you can shorten it without a new cage vs having to buy a whole new cage because you need it longer.

Best of luck.

23. Triton13

Triton13 Member

Local Time:
    Scrotum Ring: 44 mm / 1.73"
    - Cage Internal Diameter: 32 mm / 1.26"
    - Cage Length: 47mm
    - Hook Thickness: 6 mm / 2 ga
    - Hook Type: Standard
    - Security Seal Hole: yes
    - Anatomical Ring

I followed the measurement tips from rigid. You don't want it too long or the PA will be pulled when you shrink. I also specified my gap and PA pin setback, my first model 05 didn't have enough room because my PA pin is set back 3/4" which is a bit more than typical I believe.

24. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Solid advice. May I ask - when in the cage as you totally sandwiched in there, or is it snug but not highly compressed?

25. Triton13

Triton13 Member

Local Time:
    I'm a grower so it varies.. In terms of length I'm typically touching the end and just a little compressed most of the time. Sometimes during shrinkage there's space but it's still short enough that it doesn't pull my PA. Diameter is just large enough to have a bit of space most of the time when flaccid.

I find the Anatomical ring much better than the round style.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice