Behind bars rubber liner

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Strapmeup, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Strapmeup

Strapmeup Member

Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    Hello everyone

I purchased a behind bars belt a couple of years ago and it came with a rubber liner (photo below) that I use and makes the device really comfortable for me to wear. Without it the belt cuts in to my hips when I'm bending over and becomes unwearable. Unfortunately the liner has started to rip and I think it won't be too long until it all falls apart. I contacted BB and they don't make or supply these liners anymore. I've tried searching for something similar online in DIY/plumbing stores but can't find anything. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on where I can find something?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    8:50 AM
    I just tried to do a search and came up with nothing useful. However I have an idea... I also wear a Behind Barz belt but it never came with a liner, it took a little breaking in (my body breaking in) to get used to the belt. I use a silicon lubricant in certain places under the belt where it rubs me the most and for the most part I’m pretty comfortable. However, you mentioned that it actually cuts into you without the liner and lube won’t really help as much with that. Versus having a rubber liner going all the way around the belt you could try using a silicone tape that you could buy from any hardware store. It’s a self sealing silicone tape that adheres to itself that you could just wrap around the areas where the belt is cutting into you. I definitely know it’s not a medical grade silicone so I have no idea how it would wear against your skin long term.

3. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    10:50 AM
    I have a BBRZ belt with rolled edges, very comfortable. They may be able to retrofit your existing waistband, worth asking.

4. SergioUK

SergioUK Long term member

London, UK
    Local Time:
    Both my Chinese belt and my NeoSteel have that type of liner and I'm guessing it's not manufactured solely for the chastity industry but my Google Fu hasn't located it. An alternative that might need a bit of experimenting to get the right size and most comfortable/practical type would be heatshrink sleeving from an electronics supplier. (Just Google 'heatshrink sleeving'.) The downside is that it would need to be threaded from the end of the belt which would require some ingenuity where chains or rear straps are involved.

5. Aarb

Aarb Active member

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    Aw that's a shame. I was thinking about asking BBRZ if they still did the liners but you've answered my question. If you do find something please share on here (and I'll have a look myself and, if I find something workable, I'll post it too).

6. Etner

Etner Active member

Local Time:
    4:50 PM
    This may be a long shot but there is a store on AliExpress called Black Emperor Official Store that makes belts with this type of liner and they sell spare parts on request if you contact them. Just find their store and a belt with similar liner and ask to buy just the liner.

No idea if this will work though as the liner might be of different size.

Guest 3972 and Aarb like this.
  7. Aarb

Aarb Active member

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    Yeah - I was looking on Amazon and you can get neoprene strips in 5 metre lengths. That be an option as well.

8. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    I’ve used heat shrink tuning on my modified Chinese belt - works great!

9. ldsnet

ldsnet Active member

Local Time:
    7:50 AM
    I have a new BB belt that was powder coated and is very comfortable. I had a need for a second (purchased through this site) and it is an older generation belt. I found the finish to be different; the cut edges were not as finished smooth. Took me an hour or so with 800 and 1000 grit sand paper to remove the tooling marks from the belt edges and get the roll nice and smooth.
    The now polished stainless wears as nice as the powder coat finish.

Aarb likes this.
  10. Aarb

Aarb Active member

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    Interesting. My belt is brand new (well - several weeks old) and I reckon I'm still in the 'the belt is bending to fit me and I am bending to fit the belt' stage. But all the edges etc are smooth as.

For me I'm wondering if a liner would stop the sticking I sometimes get on the waistband or whether it's something I'll just have to live with. Doesn't happen very often and a quick 'adjustment' fixes it.

11. horse

horse Junior Member

Local Time:
    If you google for variations of "gas fuel tank epdm silicone rubber strap" then you'll find companies doing extruded rubber profiles, which is what these things are

here's one for the UK
    https://www.plprofiles.com/transport-industrial/277-fuel-tank-band-30mm.html

most of them are on alibaba so you'll be stuck looking for a "sample" or someone who will do a minimum order.
    truck parts suppliers may have something suitable too.
    or like Etner pointed out, some Chinese belt makers offer spare parts (at rather high prices)

If you can only get the square edged version then you'll need to create a method to plane off the edge to make it a bit more rounded.

hth

12. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    I replaced the liner with

BBIT - Raychem heat-shrinkable busbar tubing Size 25/10
    Pack Options

From hill top products. You just cut it and heat it and it shrinks around the belt.

Works very well.
    Hugs
    Lucy x

chscurious likes this.
  13. chscurious

chscurious Member

U.S.
    Local Time:
    10:50 AM
    I was looking for some type of liner but couldn't find anything that quite fit. I'll have to try this out, thanks.
    I use Shrink tubing all the time for hobby electronics work but this idea never occurred to me for some reason...
    As the stuff isn't intended for continuous contact with skin, have you had issues with irritation with long term wear? Especially if you're moving a lot?

14. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    I haven’t but only wear it for 2 days max as it rubs else where. Does get a bit sweaty but no irritation per se that I can tell from the material.
    Could always put the shrink wrap over the original ‘silicone’ edging to give extra padding.

chscurious likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice