Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    I guess the reality is it showed the ineptness of the worlds governments and pretty much showed that there wasn’t one that had any plans for such a thing ever happening. Whether they learn from the ineptness will be seen in the future though I doubt they will.
    For sure when the virus is long forgotten about so will any plans of a repeat in the future.
    I still am pretty surprised they followed each other like sheep in general destroying economies and many many businesses. Spending figures beyond crazy putting countries into bigger and bigger debts that haven’t been since since the Second World War.

When look at England this has come at a cost of a tiny few lives lost but has destroyed huge amounts of the country in general.
    From many many others dying from untreated issues like cancers etc and when the real figures come out for sure the death toll on the untreated will be far far higher than the virus deaths.and of course those untreated will still be dying over the next few years all as a result of bad decisions by governments.

The vaccine well we wait now to see if it really works or not since all viruses adapt and change to live

1mlockedup and L-u-c-y like this.
  2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The World Health Organisation also changed the definition of herd immunity last year. Ludicrous.

They've changed from a fact to an opinion.

You can't trust anything any of these arseholes say anymore. Science is dead.

E2GoKVnXsAQJL71.jpg

Dianna1395, subrick and Suewiang like this.
  3. Miffy

Miffy Long term member

Local Time:
    Institutional Science is dead-privately funded Science is doing amazing things in all likelihood

4. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    Can the evidence be any clearer that we (worldwide) are being lied to?

Lucy, you mentioned that un-diagnosed cancers may be the largest cost of these lies. You may be right. I'd like to 'nominate' another aspect of the lying that goes severely unaccounted for: a generation of children deprived of normal schooling and healthy interaction with others. The price society will pay for this will be astronomical.

Tyrants have dreamed of this day for decades. May they burn in their dreams.

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  5. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    There are most likely a number of reasons behind the 'lockdown' approach. They are also likely different from country to country & I can only speak first hand about the UK.

If you look at the history of epidemics in the UK you can see that at no time in history have we resorted to lockdown, before now. Look a little closer and you'll see that at no time in modern history has the ratio of hospital beds to population been so thin. There are far fewer beds now than even in the 1970's & 80's. Less beds means less spare capacity in the health system - good for budgets, bad for responsiveness.

That's one possible reason.

Next, media. Politicians are by their nature media driven. Media thrives on death, disaster & mayhem. 'If it bleeds, it leads.' Is a well known maxim among journalists and is very true. In the past there was a kind of firebreak, a throttle if you like imposed by the limitations of the news reporting technology. That's gone, so
    'news' gets reported instantly, often with little more than cursory fact checking. Later variations of the story are often less sensational but it's the headline that sticks and drives demands for political action. The action feeds more headlines and before you know it the whole thing is feeding on itself.

Now throw into that the downright sinister. It is a fact that there has been a scientifically created, managed campagin form the UK government to instill fear in the population. Fear has been deliberatly used to drive compliance, a tactic more at home in a dictatorship than a democracy. There are no less then 6 government departments actively working on it - the most well known being SPI-B (scientific insight group on pandemic behaviours) whos role it is to advise the government on the best way to manipulate the behaviour of the population.

Much of what they do is never published, the very existence of some of these departments is denied.

You have to ask why. What is the need for such underhand and dystopian tactics. Why the desire to suppress an illness with a comparitively low fatality rate at any and all cost.

Dare I suggest that at least some of it is political. A need for the policy failings of successive governments not to be put on show. We will probably never know.

The most worrying thing is the discussions now seem to be more around how effective it's been and what else it can be used for - classic mission creep.

And just to clear up the inevitable : I am not a covid denier, nor an anti-vaxer. Nor am I a conspiracy theorist. Everything I've written is true and can be verified by anyone willing to look.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  6. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The truth is if nothing had been done about this virus no one would have ever noticed it. The most that might have been said was "there's a bad flu going around this year".

But the media have blown it into something that it isn't.

The best thing to do is pretty much nothing, but the media won't let governments do nothing. Something HAS to be done, it doesn't matter if it works or not.

subrick and Suewiang like this.
  7. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    One of the biggest issues we have is the power the media hold and the fact they make up 99 percent of the stories with very little facts.
    And of course anything that’s challenged takes months if not years to get any kind of retraction or for them to admit there lies. And of course the damage is done in seconds.

Definitely agree about if they had done nothing the normal flu would have been blamed.

One thing that for sure won’t get revoked are all the extra powers they have armed the police with along with local authorities as for sure they adapt them rather than cancel them.

Dianna1395, 1mlockedup and L-u-c-y like this.
  8. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    According to Moderna, mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA.

"Currently, mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA. Unlike certain gene therapies that irreversibly alter cell DNA and could act as a source of side effects, mRNA-based medicines are designed to not irreversibly change cell DNA; however, side effects observed in gene therapy could negatively impact the perception of mRNA medicines despite the differences in mechanism"

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1682852/000168285220000017/mrna-20200630.htm

9. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    sounds ominous!

10. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Lucy, that SEC filing is from Q2 2020 before the Moderna technology was converted to a vaccine. Also, that is a financial filing, not a scientific paper.

Try this site, which is MODERNA’s site from today. Note that they clearly describe their product as a vacccine. Heck, it’s even named as such in the URL so you don’t even have to click the link. I’m not here to convince you to get vaccinated. My point is that facts are easily found and ignoring the obvious ones, like the manufacturer’s own site, because it does not support your opinion is just the wrong thing to do.

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/recipients/moderna-vaccine

Eveanne likes this.
  11. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Sorry, one more note. My crusade is to encourage people to make informed decisions, not any specific decision.

“I’ve read the documents, I looked at the science, and I even see that in the US the ACIP posted all of the information they had when approving its use as a vaccine; but you know what, I’m just not comfortable getting one myself.” is a valid position. It’s understandable, even rational in many ways. Had that been said up front early in the thread, I would have never even commented on the thread because I believe people have that right to say “I just don’t like this”. It was when it strayed to “they are not vaccines” that I had to say something.

12. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    They've "converted" it's status to a vaccine because emergency use vaccines do not have any financial liability, gene therapy does.

They have only been able to call it a vaccine because the definition of vaccine was changed.

I'm not one of those people who believe they are implanting chips or any of that nonsense, and it doesn't affect my decision if they are called gene therapy or vaccines, I am just pointing out they are not traditional vaccines. They are only allowed to call them vaccines because they changed the definition. This technology is new.

These "vaccines" might be the greatest thing on earth, but in my opinion they have not been tested enough. Maybe in a few years if I see no long term side effects I will have it, or more likely in a couple of years the general consensus will be one needed it in the first place.

Even the control group who were given placebos have since been given the vaccine, so there is no long term control group. The whole thing is shoddy.

The unvaccinated will be the control group, maybe that is why they are now so keen for everyone to be vaccinated. This wasn't the original plan was it.

13. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    We both had had boths jambs. Still using face mask and will. Following hand wash and sanitize also. I travel to work all over. Its worth the hassle. I accept one risk over the other.

14. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Sorry for hijacking your thread. I can see if I can move these comments to a new thread if you would prefer.

15. Hubby&Missy

Hubby&Missy Love keeps us together

Machine shop owner
    Local Time:
    No Lucy, I am fine with it. It has become a very interesting debate. With all the conflicting information out there it is probably also an important debate. I was just surprised at how it took off.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  16. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    This is because they changed the definition of vaccine!

Today I am not a teapot. But tomorrow, my wife will change the definition and I'll be a teapot!

I think the term "bio weapon" is more apt than "vaccine" for these jabs. Lots and lots of doctors agree.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  17. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    Laughable

18. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    if you are part of such a team then no wonder we are in such a mess Seems common sense is not your strong point.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  19. Mike hammer

Mike hammer Long term member

Local Time:
    Ok. Here goes. My long time girlfriends sons wife's brother was 1 of the 6 on the team that got the correct combination for the vaccine at moderna. I honestly don't think he went to school for 10 years to not help people. Extremely smart guy.

StubHub likes this.
  20. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:

Well, we can all rest easily now.

I wonder why we are bribing people to take the jabs. After all, they are so helpful. You'd think we'd actually pay for medical treatments like in the past. Nope, this one we need $1mm lottery prizes to convince you to take it (before they force you) Shouldn't we simply trust him instead of having world governments coercing people to take the jabs? Don't the governments believe him?

Just ask your longtime girlfriend's son's wife's brother.

I have no doubt he's smart as a whip.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  21. Suewiang

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    It’s a bit like saying a guy I once knew ,a cousin of Sidney smith twice removed walks with a limp and stutters ,says he’s a rocket scientist and a genius but you know who I mean of course.

22. Eveanne

Eveanne Member

Orlando, FL
    Local Time:
    The reason there are lotteries is because of all the misinformation spread by the anti-vax crowd. Call it “herd stupidity.” We know the US population is actually quite gullible. After all, people still think the election was “stolen.” Many will just believe the big lies.

23. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    But people who thought the 2016 election was stolen are totally sane, right?

Herd stupidity is a good term for what has been going on in the world, also known as mass hysteria.

24. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    Follow the Goddess not the herd!

winstonmacgregor likes this.
  25. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:

There is also a wealth of information presented by the anti-vax crowd that has not been refuted.
    When you consider who owns the labs that the vaccine allegedly 'escaped from' and some of the labs producing the vaccine. Not to mention owning the some of the PPE manufacturers in China that went in to high scale production by up to 1200% during the last two months of 2019 ...ie.. before the virus allegedly 'escaped'

As for the election being stolen there is too much evidence for them to cover it all up despite how hard they have tried. Vote counting behind closed doors... more votes counted than there are voters, some states reporting receiving more postal ballots than they sent out. Clear evidence that dead people appear to have voted. Biden 's sister is married to Stephen Owens who owns Dominion voting systems.
    The numbers of Republican votes being shown on tv screens during election night were seen by thousands to suddenly taking a massive drop in some states.

From the wealth of evidence you would have to be totally gullible or very mentally challenged or a fanatic Democrat to believe for one moment that the election had not been rigged.

Anyone trying to argue that the election was fair is insulting your intelligence.

You want more of the following just ask

upload_2021-5-31_12-22-41.png
    upload_2021-5-31_12-23-1.png

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice