Jailbird Security Screw

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Dave S87, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Dave S87

Dave S87 New member

Local Time:
    5:51 PM
    About to order a Jailbird after a couple of weeks of repeated measuring. The only think I’m still pondering is whether or not to go for the security screw ahead of the padlock.

Has anyone used the security screw or have any thoughts or considerations?

Thanks in advance!!

ampallang4 likes this.
  2. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    You might want to do a search on the forums. That is a very common question and lots of posts on it. You’ll find them to be very useful reading as it will give you the opportunity to think about your goals and needs, and then choose which lock works best for you.

Here is my opinion: I personally prefer the countersunk security screw. My device fits perfectly (finally) and without the key the only way it’s coming off is by destroying the device or subjecting my balls to WAY more pain than I would ever desire or impose on myself.

Dave S87 likes this.
  3. CuriousChaste

CuriousChaste Member

Local Time:
    I prefer the screw over the lock. Looks just a whole lot more cleaner without a bulky lock. Plus if you need to change in public ( Gym, work, etc) then you won't have to worry about the clanking.

Only thing you will find is it will slowly back out on its own after time. A little plumbers tape will help, or what I use is a small drop of blue loctite (other will suggest not to) but it's strong enough to keep it in place and weak enough to let go and unscrew.

boisub and Dave S87 like this.
  4. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    +1 for security screw and plumbers tape.

I would note, though, that if your KH likes spontaneity or frequent releases, they may not like fiddling around with the screw. However, you can buy the lock along with getting the post threaded for the screw so that you can switch. I don’t think this is possible if you get the screw countersunk.

Dave S87 likes this.
  5. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:

BTW, by default MM does not countersink the security screw. You have to ask for it, and I think there is a small charge. Very much worth it IMHO.

@boisub is right. You can have both padlock and threads for screw, but if countersunk the padlock won’t work well at all.

Dave S87 likes this.
  6. Toady

Toady Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    I opted for both. The post is slightly longer to accommodate both holes.

7. Dave S87

Dave S87 New member

Local Time:
    5:51 PM
    If there’s 2 holes then wouldn’t using one of them make the gap larger/smaller? I’m slightly confused, do you have any pictures at all?

8. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    It’s all custom work. You can have one hole that is threaded and also accepts the padlock or more than one hole if you so desire. You can add punishment pins and extra cage rings if you have a cage that is just long enough. You can buy extra rings and even a locking cocking ring that can be matched to your base ring. If you’ve got the money and the whim they can do it and if they can’t they can point you in the right direction. They were so nice to work with too. Very helpful and they’ve got answers to your questions a phone call away. Just call them if you need an answer. They’re far more qualified to answer questions about their product than us in a lot of ways because ,well, they make them and use them.

gymgenius, J.D. and Dave S87 like this.
  9. Toady

Toady Member

Local Time:
    Sorry, don’t have any pics.
    The gap is the same, the post itself is longer to accommodate two holes. Then the tube that accepts the post is longer too and just runs along the top of the chastity tube. It’s only about 1/4 inch longer than the “stock” post/tube.

10. Crowned

Crowned Active member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    The screw works so much better than the lock. The only trouble I have is that taking it off quickly (when wife has asked) is not always doable. Also, at times, the screw begins to come undone by itself and needs tightening...probably once per week.

11. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I know this is an old topic but here is the best answer.

get the security screw and here is why. If you don’t like it the ABUS lock fits in with the threading with no issues.

will it cost you a little more… yes, but I mean you are already close to 400 deep… what is another 65 dollars?

collaredhubby likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice