Anyone know of a machinist for titanium (USA)

Discussion in 'CustomChastity' started by BarbCD, Jan 27, 2021.

1. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    When I had Steelworxx last resize my cage, I also ordered an 8mm removable urethral tube. I’ve used 8mm tubes before, so knew it would fit. But I also assumed (wrongly) that the rounded tip Dietmar adds to the tube would easily slide in.

Dietmar said he’d make a new tube for me, but he’d need me to return the cage. I just don’t want to do that again because of the time involved.

What I am looking to do is machine down that tip and make the tube a smooth 8mm the full length. Anyone here have experience or know of a titanium machinist here in the US I could mail my existing tube to and have them turn down? It’s a simple job for someone with the right tools for Ti, but a search on google turned up a ton of places that seem to specialize in custom bulk orders, not single jobs.

2. Sexy Slave 69

Sexy Slave 69 Long term member

Manager
    New Zealand
    Local Time:
    12:00 AM
    Can u not stretch to take the larger size? How much bigger is it than 8mm? My KH has stretched my urethra to 16mm over time

3. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    I probably could. The tip is about 10mm so it would not be much of a stretch :))) but I don’t really want to. Would prefer to reduce the tip size.

4. Sexy Slave 69

Sexy Slave 69 Long term member

Manager
    New Zealand
    Local Time:
    12:00 AM
    Silicone nozzles do some easy soft urethral sounds. Have a look they also do a chastity insert

5. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    Isn't the urethral tube in question curved? If so, work-holding in a lathe might be a problem. One might have to first build a special jig to hold the part...

By the way, machining titanium presents some challenges but it is not too big a deal. Contrary to what many people think, the common alloys are not that hard. For instance, Ti 6Al 4V, a good surgical grade, is on par with 316 grade stainless steel hardness-wise. It does require sharp tools because it tends to buckle in front of the cut, and wet cooling is more important than with steel because titanium does not conduct heat away.

6. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info on titanium. And yes, the piece is curved so it is a challenge to lathe.

With some internet searching I found an independent machine shop in my state that is willing to do one time jobs for “entrepreneurs and weekend hobbyists” according to their site, and Ti is listed as a material they specialize in. I sent them an email and photo this morning to see if they could do it. I realized that to the unknowing eye it simply looks like a custom spout or nozzle (and that’s how I represented it) and totally G rated. I’ll sterilize it before sending in of course if we can reach agreement.

7. lord9

lord9 Active member

Semi-retired
    USA, Yuma, Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:00 AM
  8. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    I was not aware of them.Thanks for the tip. Based on their opening site video I like them already! I have one open contact in the works and if that doesn’t work out I’ll contact dungeon delights.

9. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    If you need the titanium for its surface qualities, there's a bit of a weird hacky way around this without actually crafting in titanium. It's not a perfect method and is really inefficient, but you know, if you "happen" to have the materials lyinr around:

If you can find a stainless steel one and you have a block of titanium lying around, and a mega battery or power source of some kind, and a vacuum, you basically fry up the titanium in a vacuum chambre with electricity and have the steel bit under a strong electropotential potential difference with the positve end, burn a lot of energy while waiting for a long time and you'll have an electroplated tube.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice