Removable or non-removable urethral insert... That is the question

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by modisgod, Mar 8, 2021.

?

Removable or non-removable urethral insert

1. Removable urethral insert

29.4%
  2. Non-removable urethral insert

70.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. modisgod

modisgod Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:41 PM
    So, I have a looker with a removable urethral insert. I've had it for years, but there's just a couple of tweaks I'd like to make to it to make it perfect, so I'm thinking about getting another. But this time, I'm contemplating whether it should have a removable insert or not.

I've learned in the time I had mine you don't really need to take it out to clean it. The only other reason would be for adjustment, but hoping the communication is clear when ordering, that shouldn't be necessary.

So, I'm wondering... for those who have The Crusader, Looker 01 or 02, or any other with a urethral insert: Which way did you go, why, and are you happy with it?

As for me, I chose removable so I could clean it, but found it not necessary. I'm happy with it, but over the years, due to the tip of the cage being so thin, there's not really anything to hold a thread, and it's become somewhat loose. It isn't loose enough to come free, and I doubt it ever will, just will shift slightly in the threads, if you know what I mean. I have a PA piercing, with a security screw that screws in to the insert, and due to the insert never really tightening sometimes it takes forever to line that pin up when the insert slightly shifts or rolls...

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

sissy veronique likes this.
  2. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    8:41 PM
    I recently got a Looker 02 with a permanent insert and I have had no issues with it. I got it second hand and was happy with other cages with their inserts (all removable).

3. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    I also have a Looker 02 with a fixed insert. I have recently ordered a new Looker 02 with some fixed measurements on my part, this time I also went with a fixed tube.

I really see no point in taking it out, and can only imagine issues with a removeable. And I also think a fixed looks better :)

4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    8:41 PM
    I have a Looker 1, and bought it with the fixed insert. For reason documented elsewhere on the CM, I wanted the permanent one removed and replaced with a removable one of 8mm diameter. I still prefer the flexibility of the removable tube because I’m new to the tube, and haven’t worn it enough with the tube to have any issues with the removable one.

5. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    I'm not sure what the "it" is here, but if you're referring to the insert, then surely adding the extra surfaces to it that making it removable adds is a bit self-defeating.

Either you can cope with an insert, or you can't. Sounds like you can, so at what point would you want to remove it? Why, and if you have a keyholder, how?

If you can't (yet) tolerate an insert, then locking one inside yourself is the wrong way to go about working up to it.

6. Sissy-CJ

Sissy-CJ Long term member

East Midlands (UK)
    Local Time:
    I’ve always wanted to try one with an insert but always worried about wearing one (more thoughts of infections etc).

7. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    I think it's been well documented on this forum, but the infection thing is a bit of a myth. Obviously you need to follow proper hygiene - don't just grab something that's been sitting in a dusty drawer for months and shove it in your body (regardless of orifice), but an insert in and of itself is unlikely to give you an infection unless you're really prone to those sort of things anyway.

My experience is make sure the whole cage is clean, soak in hot water for a while and scrub if necessary. I don't believe that lube is required (for the insert anyway, and it might be a bad idea) and cold water on it is enough to aid insertion (cold water helps if you're the type to get over excited about locking up!).

Using this (and after building up to it) I've been locked continually for a couple of months at a time without issue.

Work up to it be using penis plugs or sounds of a similar diameter to make sure you are able to take that stretch, then try the cage and insert for a few hours at first, then half a day, then overnight and by that point you'll know if you're good to use it more or less indefinitely.

Again though, hygiene, even when it's locked into you, and don't go getting lots of soap all over your opening, as that has the opposite effect to what a lot of people think!

Rectrix, Iron78 and Sissy-CJ like this.
  8. Sissy-CJ

Sissy-CJ Long term member

East Midlands (UK)
    Local Time:
    Thanks that makes me feel a little better, I think it’s because I’ve never put anything down there before. I think it’s a case of give it a go and slowly build up

Cienna likes this.
  9. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Absolutely! It's not a race, and the last thing you want to do is try and rush things and end up breaking something!

Sissy-CJ likes this.
  10. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    I either wear my cage or have it in a closed jar with isopropyl alcohol. May be overkill, but it is quite easy and I am sure it is always sterile.

Sissy-CJ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice