Getting base ring and integral lock to align

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by valesk25, Feb 20, 2021.

1. valesk25

valesk25 Active member

Local Time:
    12:34 AM
    so I've a cheap n cheerfull chinese cage with integral lock.

My major problem is getting the base ring ( circular ) to align with the cage lock even when the two cage pins align.

it's as though there is too much give in the integral lock mechanism?

anyone got suggestions on a reliable and easy method of getting the base ring and lock to align quickly and without pinching thanks

2. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    I have had a cheap cage with a integrated lock and a base ring with a hinge. I could easily assemble it when not wearing it, but I think I tried to put it on 10+ times. It only succedded once, and it maybe took an hour.
    I ended up throwing it out.

I have a original Steelworxx and Holytrainer with an integrated lock, never had any issues at all.

3. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @valesk25 when i first had my last cage it got a barel lock and it tooked me ages to get it on me but after you have done it lots and lots of time it get easy and now i can put it on me in 2 secs. :) i have done it lots cos i am allow to change my cage when i go to bed and put another one on me.

Suewiang likes this.
  4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    Can you get it together when it is not on you?

5. valesk25

valesk25 Active member

Local Time:
    Oh yes,not a problem and good question.

I've a feeling it's all about the poor quality base ring - pin alignment - there is way too much give between the cage and the lock say 2-3mm which doesn't sound much - guess I'm just going to have to practice and practice some more

6. Wooly

Wooly Active member

Local Time:
    It does take some practice! And making sure to push the skin down away from lock and pin area. The you can push things around after it’s locked!! Good luck and have patience. Sometimes a little lube helps.

valesk25 likes this.
  7. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I mean what you are looking for in the future is a device that doesn't jingle around; meaning if you have it put together off the body and were to shake it... it doesn't jingle around at all. If it does it will eventually pinch you.

If you can put your device together off your body and can't get it on your body comfortably you might want to look at device that have a large gap between the cage and ring. It is usually something most people don't look at when buying a device, but there a couple mid-range price device that have custom gaps or large ones in general.

The Holy Trainer has a diagonal cut on their cages allowing a generous ball gap and The Cherry Keeper is 100% customizable. Both of these are non-metal

If you are looking at a higher end price range you can get a Mature Metal device with a 1/2'' inch gap and this device is metal. Shoot me a message if you want some more information or some recommendations on products. I might have something you are looking for.

8. valesk25

valesk25 Active member

Local Time:
    This is something I can try thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice