Cage advice for beginners (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Nicoftime, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    For $12 or $15 order a couple. It’s not like your investing a lot of money. It’ll take some experimenting to find your perfect fit. I’ve spent more than that on panties to cover my cage. LoL

H3RS and EireKinkster like this.
  2. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    Just providing some feedback on my purchase.... I went for the one with 45mm ring. It was a very tight (and painful) struggle to get the ring on, but I eventually did. I did put it on "dry", but probably should have used some sort of lube, yes? Then, I locked it up. However, I'm experiencing a lot of slippage (after involuntary stiffness in the cage) and think that if it slips anymore that it will fall off. I had the same issue before with other devices that I tried in the past. Should I try again with the 40mm ring or does anyone have any advice as to how to eliminate this, please?

3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    I am super confused, do you mean -when you get hard it pulls on your balls? Yeah ball trap devices do that. You can minimize how hard it gets , and thus how much it pulls by using a smaller cage and eliminating erections.

Do you mean -fall off? Like the device will fall off or it hangs so far down your sack that it slides down the length of your penis? Unfortunately some people have low hanging fruit. If you are using a ball trap device, but your balls hang so low that your cage moves freely...it’s not really trapping your balls enough to hold it in place. There really isn’t much you can do for that except gap reduction. Gap space isn’t usually an option on the cheap cages.

I would suggest one of the cages with an ergonomic ring, almost shaped like an egg, and holds close to the body much easier.

Yes lube (I suggest baby oil GEL) is a good idea.

EireKinkster likes this.
  4. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I mean that it slides down to the tip of my penis and pretty much slides off, yes. It certainly isn't waiting in place anyway.... I had to put it on a second time and found that I can't get both of my "fruit" through the ring, the second one won't go in properly. So, if I were to get a bigger ring, it would be too loose (as the next size up is 50mm, so an extra 5mm) and just fall off altogether.

I think an ergonomic ring would be better alright as I appear to "suffer" from low hanging fruit. :oops: Sorry to be a pain, but if you could recommend a device, I would be certainly willing to listen and give it a try! :)

I will also try the new device with baby oil, I think this one can be described as a write off.... But hey, you live and learn! ;)

5. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Getting both balls in the ring can be tricky, it certainly needs a little lube. If you’re not getting both of em in there no wonder it was sliding down...both balls in the ring is a prerequisite.

Will do a little search for a device that might work, what’s your flaccid length?

EireKinkster likes this.
  6. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    Any lube is more for wear than getting your junk through. The base ring should be snug but loose enough to so that you can get the tip of your pinkie finger between the ring and your body.

What I usually do is, is lightly lubricate the ring and then holding the ring at at an angle to my body, is pull my scrotum through. The first testicle should follow. Then using my thumb and first two fingers, guide/push the second testicle through. Then guide/push my penis through the ring. Once everything is in, adjust and put on the tube.

EireKinkster likes this.
  7. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    https://www.amazon.com/HYJHDD-Ultra...l+chastity&dpPl=1&dpID=51JLSVurYyL&ref=plSrch

This is the kind of ergo ring that might help, it’s wide, and curved to sit tight to the body.

EireKinkster likes this.
  8. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Hi. Apologies for the late response, life sometimes gets in the way and I haven't been able to get online, but things are back to normal now, so hopefully I can get a device sorted soon.... Thanks to everyone who has kindly responded and offered help and assistance, I am really grateful!

I will definitely get some lube for when I get my new device. I measured from my body to the tip and I am 125mm flacid. Is that the measurement you were looking for or do I need to measure again?

Thanks for the tips - great advice! Do you find it easier to put on the device standing up or lying down? When is the best time to put it on? For example, I read not to do it after you shower?

Thanks for that. However, the product is not available and I can't order from Amazon.com as I am not in the USA - it would be the .co.uk site that I would be ordering from. I searched on it for that device, but it is not listed on it.

9. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1st and last cages look the best to me, I would avoid anything hinged like it was poison, and I don’t know what a ball separator is for. Since you said your on the long side, the last one is probably your best bet.

EireKinkster likes this.
  10. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Thank you so much for all your help, you've been brilliant! :) I will order it now! I hope that it fits this time, shame it doesn't come with more than one ring though.....

11. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I do it standing up, that way gravity is working with you. You want to do it when your scrotum and testicles are relaxed. That can be after a hot shower or first thing in the morning are good times. I know the idea of a solid ring can be a little intimidating but if you can get it on, you can get it off. You'd be surprised how much stretching your scrotum can do and it doesn't hurt a bit. In the beginning I watched some videos of guys putting one on and I was like "wow" but after doing it a few times it will become second nature.

I've run into times when one testicle just doesn't want to cooperate. As I said, the first one will generally follow the scrotum into the ring. The second can be "coaxed" by using your thumb and first two fingers (imagine how you would hold up an egg on end). If you feel like you trying too hard, just take a break and try to keep things warm. It's also, at least for me, natural to get a bit of an erection. That's why you want to tuck you penis through as quickly as you can.

Of your linked devices,

#1 is fine.
    #2, #3 - I would skip anything at this price point with a hinged ring. While I've never worn one, I haven't heard good things about them.
    #4 - would skip the ball separator thing, at least in the beginning.
    #5 is fine.

My only quibble with both #1 and #5 is the spacing of the bars at the front. While they make for easy urination, upon erection the end of my penis pokes through which I don't find aesthetically appealing (or comfortable).

As for measuring:

a272 length.jpg

Pictured above is the A271/272 device (the A272 has a longer tube) which seems to be quite popular. The bar spacing at the front is a little tighter too. The "anatomical" base ring doesn't work for me but I have some other issues.

EireKinkster likes this.
  12. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    @Adam444: Thank you for your post, very informative and something that I will certainly benefit from when I get my device. Feel free to offer any other helpful tips and advice for a newbie, they will definitely be appreciated!

13. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    @Adam444, I've been wearing the A272 mentioned (and shown) just above for over a month now (24x7). Given how cheap it is, I've been surprised at how comfortable it is. Though one thing that seems clear from this forum is that everyone's junk is different, and what works for one may not for another.

The A272, because of the tube, presumably isn't as easy to keep clean (without removing) than those that are all cage. However, if the tube isn't *too* tight, it's doable -- I can with some effort squeeze a finger in and around the tube to wash it and my penis (the penis is a very squishable organ!).

One thing I noticed above: you said your length is 125mm flaccid. I think that's a bit unusually long -- especially if you're a grower (maybe not if you're a shower). It's important when measuring not to push back into the body (this isn't a big cock contest :) Measure from just where it joins your pubis, with no pressure. Length is important -- the ideal cage for most is just the length of their flaccid penis, which (along with the right tube diameter) limits erections, which in turn reduced scrotum chafing.

EireKinkster likes this.
  14. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Hello again everyone.

Just back to give an update on my quest for a chastity device.

I ordered two of the same devices with different sized rings but, unfortunately, never got them due to the seller taking my money and running..... :(

However, I remain undeterred!! I was thinking of something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hap...ch0104.8.4.20afced9BFjRTL&transAbTest=ae803_4

I was thinking that it would be healthier for me as I wouldn't be forcing myself to be permanently squashed up small and unable to be even flat when I am flaccid , or am I thinking about this wrong?

If anyone else has any better suggestions which would suit my size and the recommendation of ergonomic ring, that would be great. Thank you all so much once again for all your time, help and patience with me! :)

15. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Just going to bump this in the hope that some kind soul can offer some feedback, please..... ;)

16. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Nobody to offer some help?? Please??? :(

17. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    you've had lots and lots of help from folks on here.

EireKinkster and bondinchas like this.
  18. all4Maam

all4Maam Member

writer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Local Time:
    The advice seems to be, for so little money, buy it and try it.

EireKinkster likes this.
  19. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Thanks folks, will take a punt and invest in one so. I was just wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with that particular device.

I'll post here when I receive it and let people know how I get on, if anyone is interested.... ;)

20. Dungalov

Dungalov Member

Local Time:
    I'm using bigger version of this device, check my gallery. Rings are very ergonomic and I can wear cage for months without any issues. I'm quite active and cage doesn't cause any discomfort. Unfortunately for me I'm between ring sizes, 40mm is a little bit too small for me and my balls are purple when penis starts growing. 45mm ring is a little to big and I'm able slip out easly, to prevent this I'm wearing o-ring behind my glans which is locked to cage bars. Something like in Lori's anti pull out retainer rings.

21. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well this thread kinda went on a tangent with some individual help, I hope it continues to give beginners the tools to start their search for a cage that fits.

22. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    I'm trying to find my perfect sized cage but I'm confused with the instructions that are all over the internet. I measure my penis from the base to the tip (including foreskin, should I?) about 80 to 90mm. But I know for sure that when I do the above it will shrink down considerably. If I use the icy water method wouldn't that be a problem when wearing the cage especially with foreskin coming out of the front in my case?

So I have done this and noticed that with a 45 my skin is getting red and has a burning feeling. When wearing for a few hours this seems to decrease a bit but the burning feeling is still there, no blue balls or anything. When removing the ring there is a red mark on my balls where the ring was.

With a 50 I don't have those issues but I can pull out and remove the cage completely. When measuring I measure a size of 47 or 48. I'm guessing the gap between the ring and the cage is the main issue with removing the cage here, is that right? When buying a new one, should I start with 50 and maybe use a 45 later after some wearing time and pay special attention to the gap size?

23. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    Many of us use something to reduce friction and/or protect the skin. I apply baby oil gel every morning, and never have chafing problems when I do (and always have chafing when I don't).

24. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    There is a lot here to go over but will hit the highlights. This guide is for buying a non custom cage, so measurements are not all that exact.

red marks? Yep baby oil gel works great, I thought I mentioned that. Falling off? Not good. Tip pressing through bars, I mentioned pressing the bars closer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice