Has a culture of compliance impacted your FLR desires?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by winstonmacgregor, Jan 18, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    11:36 PM
    So much has changed over the past year. I was wondering if the modern world has changed your FLR inclinations. A culture of compliance due to covid with regard to all of the rules and regulations we have to live by now. If you are in the United States it seems like there is a large push in to a compliance of thought after the capital protests. We are very quickly loosing freedom of speech and diversity of thought. These two issues have caused a “you must put your head down and fall in line” world we must now live in. Had having to give up your rights in 2020-21 caused you to loose interest in conceding yourself to a FLR? Or perhaps has in made you think in a more compliant way and made FLR lifestyles easier?

2. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    There is no relationship between these things and chastity in my life.

Chaste J. likes this.
  3. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    10:36 PM
    Would say no changes on our part.

4. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    That is what I was wondering. Sort of how dynamics can change from dominant and submissive ways of thinking between how people live their daily routine and how they think as far as bedroom activities go. The cliche of a ceo who is submissive to a dominatrix type of dynamic. It seems like modern life is making us all submissive in our day to day.

5. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    By what measure?

6. nonamesissy

nonamesissy Active member

work at home
    virginia
    Local Time:
    i can't speak to the current situation with any authority or experience, but would like to imagine that the current situation would draw couples together.

7. Guest 8927

Guest 8927 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:36 PM
    It has. My Goddess (and fiance) lost her job as a result and we live in an area where there is a really high unemployment rate at the moment due to a lot of shutdowns.

Its helped bring us closer and really helped bring our FLR to the forefront, but at the same time it's very sad and depressing. We were very social people prior, loved going out on dates, stuff like that and are cooped up in the house most of the time. I am all for being a cute little sissy house husband for her, but it's hard for her to really dominate as much as she is capable. She feels terrible about it and very anxious as to getting another job. It also switched roles for us and made me our primary earner, which also affects her. It makes her feel like, say, telling me to put on my cute little french maids outfit and clean, something that because she is home all day and I work, "her" responsibility.

That said, we are crippling it along as best as we can and remain deeper in love and connected than we have ever been.

It's a catch 22. The pandemic is sucking, but our relationship is flourishing.

8. Guest 2684

Guest 2684 Long term member

Local Time:
    For us as well it has brought us closer as a complete family. My KEYHOLDER and I have gained a much deeper love for each other. Our only compliance is me obeying my love

Lazlo Toth and winstonmacgregor like this.
  9. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    That is unfortunate. It sounds like income plays a big role in a FLR dynamic. Is it that she isn’t working at all that has her loosing her confidence or would she have lost it if there were a large gap in income difference between you even if she was working? It sounds like she is attempting to be dominant out of service for you at this point instead of feeling it in her soul. Hopefully the sun will shine in your relationship brighter once more some day.

10. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    It is amazing how all of this has shown a true light on relationships of any kind. It strengthens bonds that need to exist and ruptures the ones that were suppose to end but we held on to for some reason or another.

Lazlo Toth and Guest 2684 like this.
  11. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    The response to the riot in Washington D.C has been very dangerous. The large tech companies are now deciding what kind of speech is considered dangerous as well as congress is now considering what type of speech should be banned as well. It is understandable to question societal norms with regard to freedom of speech but consider the fact that the people who did the destruction were very conspiracy theory oriented. I don’t think that big tech and government banning speech is going to be helpful in calming the minds of people who are distrustful of those two groups, it will make things more volatile if anything.

12. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
  13. Sipriotes

Sipriotes Slave to Artemistress

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The rugged-individualism-bordering-on-anarcho-libertarianism of the American male is fascinating to me, though I try to avoid letting it have a bearing on my relationship. Except that perhaps having an FLR is in and of itself an act of rebellion against such an attitude.

Perhaps that's why I'm amazed at how often it's cropped up on this forum in particular.

(And in case anyone's confused about what free speech is and isn't: https://xkcd.com/1357/)

boisub likes this.
  14. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    Reading through an entire section of FLR you will find an endless sea of relationship threads dedicated to “protocol” “compliance” ect. Usually a fetish is exciting for the people involved because it goes against the grain of their everyday life so yes it was a reasonable post for me to ask others in the lifestyle. As far as the free speech goes, your cartoon only proves the point I’m trying to make. That you should have the ability to walk away and not give credence to those whom you disagree with. The United States is a country that governs based on the margin of error when it comes to elections, basically a coin flip. If your group happens to win the coin toss this time, you should govern with the other half in the country in mind not force them to comply. Healthy communication and dialogue is a cornerstone to any functioning group or country. Shutting down those you disagree with by calling their opinions dangerous and making them go away will blow up in your face when they win the coin toss in the next election and exercise the same principles when you try to express your personal views. The same people who are forming commissions in congress in the name of “deprograming” people with dangerous opinions will be screaming about how they are being repressed and silenced when they loose the next election in two years.

15. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Winston,

I think this was a fantastic question. I thought very carefully about it and must conclude that, no, the increased tyranny has not impacted our chastity play directly. (to the extent that that is part of an FLR) But it HAS impacted our play indirectly--like others have indicated.

Put another way, my wife and I now spend a LOT more time together putting a premium on being kind and loving towards one another. And chastity helps me do that.

Has the year 2020 increased levels of chastity in this house? For sure. But I would not say that control of the household has changed in terms of their being an FLR or something.

Again, good question.

winstonmacgregor likes this.
  16. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    Personally I would prefer we keep politics off of this site

homebody, boisub, StubHub and 2 others like this.
  17. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    I would agree, wrong platform.

homebody likes this.
  18. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    4:36 AM
    it's maybe not politics so much as culture. There is some serious stuff going on at the moment in terms of the culture in western democracies. Don't know how it will play out yet, but it will play out, and everything will be changed at the end of it.

19. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    It wasn’t a question to invoke a political debate it was about how a modern life with increased compliance and protocol that mimics the dynamic of a FLR impacts your FLR.

20. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    A change in our routine makes a huge difference when it comes to anything. Be it chastity, or eating habits/exercising, or even showering and changing your cloths. I hear so many stories of people who are just lost right now.

21. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    To sort of build off this idea, do you think the change in our culture will lead to a cultural norm of FLR lifestyles? Sort of priming people in ways to be more compliant and obedient?

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  22. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    You could literally turn any thread in to a political one if you wanted to and then declare that this is not a place for politics thus shutting down the conversation......

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  23. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    This line of questioning absolutely fascinates me. I don't think many people can sincerely doubt that these "lockdowns" (I call it tyranny) will have lasting impacts and it will take years....if not decades...to witness the full impact.

One thing I can say for certain in our household: If asked if I thought the tyranny (oops, lockdowns) made an FLR more, or less, likely, I'd say MORE likely. That's for sure. Sufficient? I don't think so for us. But more likely to become female led? It sure has.

24. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    4:36 AM
    Unfortunately it has also caused many breakdowns in relationships and within families throughout the world!

25. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    Monica on a previous reply hinted at something about her loosing her job and confidence. That is a huge factor. All of the lockdowns and stay at home orders have taken a part of all our soul in many ways. Sort of like when a generation goes through an economic depression and then they are afraid to spend money. There are going to be a lot of social/mental/emotional issues that will last for many years because of all this. Even just showing your face. Nobody but my mother and sister have even seen my face in a year. Just go to work, to the grocery store when necessary and back home for a year without any break. You hear stories about parents needing to take turns staying in a motel to take a break from family life. Not because there is a lack of love just because we are not made to be sitting in our homes permanently like this.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice