Perfecting the Ball Gap

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by LockedPom, Dec 25, 2020.

1. winky dink

winky dink Active member

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Interesting turn of events for me. My first Cherry Keeper was with an oval shaped ring. When I first tried to wear it, no way, too small of a ball gap. Now, after a few months, I can wear it with my smallest Cherry Keeper cage, no problems.

spin418 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    It fascinates me how my skin adapts and stretches. Now I see why folks get smaller rings and smaller caages over time.

spin418 and Perverspepere like this.
  3. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    Indeed when I first restarted had to go up on ring. In weeks was back and even went smaller.

Jammy likes this.
  4. Sexycuckoldcpl89

Sexycuckoldcpl89 Cuckold/Slave of MistressMegan

New York
    Local Time:
    Can I post pictures of my flaccid/erect penis here? I've been having a lot of trouble with base ring size. I swell up a lot like a lot and even the 2 in diameter ring the biggest cheap devices come with causes me sever pain. My penis is close to 2in diameter when erect and I'm scared I'll never find something that fits comfortably. Cherry keeper offers a wide cage and some big rings and I just want to sleep comfortably when I use the string method around my balls and penis I get a measurment between 9 and 9.5 inches which is between 2.86-3 diameter my flaccid penis is like 1.5 diameter x 2.25-2.5 long

5. Sexycuckoldcpl89

New York
    Local Time:
    I guess it's more like 2 1/4 when I'm hard I couldn't keep my erection so I did the best I could do. I'm sick of being in pain and just want to get the right device. I have a short wide cage and a 66x60 -12° base ring in my cart on the cherry keeper site think I'm gonna pull the trigger and adjust from there. If you guys have any input please lmk I know I can't be the only thick grower I here.

Attached Files:

6. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    I've found the string method (well USB cable) to overestimate ring size by at least 8mm.

7. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    For me, it's easier to just accept that I am going to buy more than one ring.....First one was a "best guess". Then I refined. Like LockedPom says, there's no perfect way to measure.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  8. Sexycuckoldcpl89

New York
    Local Time:

I've bought several devices hoping to find something close so I can order a custom steel device. I had no idea that 3d printed ones with better options than just your standard Chinese devices even existed. Thought I'd have to she'll out 300+ for a custom and hope I got it right. With the cherry keeper I have so many options that I feel like even if I spend a couple hundred on rings it's more than worth it to perfect the experience. I'm hoping the base ring I chose is close should be just about 2.5 inches which is .3 smaller than my lowest estimate using the string method. Keeping my fingers crossed should arrive on the 25th if everything ships as expected.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I think you are making a wise move with the Cherry Keeper. JosieLynn's strategy is conducive to getting a perfect fit. It might take a couple of tries, but even after buying the equivalent of three devices, it's still less expensive than "name brand" metal.

For the record, I oppose buying knock offs. People work hard at designing things, for (mostly) China to steal other people's work is reprehensible to me.

Kamaczo and Peter Rabbit like this.
  10. Fellow traveler

Fellow traveler Active member

Truck driver
    Southern U.S
    Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    I suck at sizing, I jus buy the knock off stuff first.

Beyondheat likes this.
  11. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    interesting about the metal. I was wondering if you'd tried that with the CK. was the cage-to-ring fit okay ? shapeways's metal process introduces some crummy tolerances imo. what you want is sintered titanium ! :D

12. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    @Lazlo Toth, with your valuable experience, can you comment about double rings?

I'm wondering if it could make a testicular escape harder, me too I have one that likes to travel. Ball gap and angle are being optimized and I am now considering that option.

Thank you

Beyondheat likes this.
  13. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    Amazing indeed. The scrotum size and texture evolve constantly. I thought my new 53x48mm ring was optimal but I'm not sure anymore after a week in the cage. I do feel unwanted pressure now.

My objective is long-term wear, so I may have to go for a slightly bigger ring and keep on experimenting with angle, gap and maybe double-rings.

Thank you

14. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    The Cherry Keeper double rings ARE vastly different, I feel.

Much more surface area to contact the skin and keep things in place. It's really not "double", the surface contact is more like four or five times as much. This keeps things in place much better. However, that means there's that much more opportunity to chafe--there is no free lunch.

I have double rings too. I like them as they give a different feel. The variety helps me to increase wear time.

My other point is maybe controversial: I think that having some hair where the ring touches the skin helps to reduce friction and aids in security. I used to think being shaved smooth did this, but I've found that having a week or two's worth of growth is a godsend.

Perverspepere likes this.
  15. Deleted member 104385

I agree. Unfortunately I started my best guess journey with custom metal devices that are close but not quite right. Used Amazon ternence cages to get my general size and what seemed to work, a long with a cbx 6000s all for reference and made a few minor sizing changes that I felt would be beneficial and now I have sent my mature metal cage back 4 times now all for adjustments from base ring size and shape to increasing the gap. I also have a red chili cage as well that I can wear either and I cant send it back for adjustments bc it's a fortune to ship it back to them from the u.s.

I wish I had started out this way with a ck. Theyre no quite as cheap as the Amazon ternence steel cages. But I feel they are easier to dial in to your perfect fitting cage

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. SMS529

SMS529 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    After 20 plus years, numerous off the shelf and self made and/OR modified cages I personally concluded..."the larger the sack. The smaller the gap". Personally I do best in a 2.0 inch ring of any style and a very small to non existent gap. The CB-X series allows for unlimited variation in ring size and, more importantly for me, GAP SIZE. I notice in pictures of guys with smaller packages that they do often have large gaps (look at CB-6000s photos). I agree with all the comments about the angle change. I modified stainless products to reduce the gap and lower the angle for a big improvement in multiple aspects. I am not aware of how small a gap can be ordered in a custom cherry keeper. I have not seen GAP as a custom vari ble on their site (apologize if i missed it) I really like the designs, but if the gap cannot be reduced to a very low number it is not for me. I may be a rare outlier. But, I have tested this enough to know what truthfully works for me for comfort, security, etc. I hope that helps.

Iron78 likes this.
  17. SMS529

SMS529 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    At the risk of potential redundancy.... lowering the angle DOES reduce the gap where it matters most, at the lower half of the tube, which of course is where the balls escape. Also, another idea if the locking top area gap cannot be reduced, is to epoxy a ring of material to the base of the cage which by lengthening the cage will effectively reduce the gap. If I knew how to do 3D printing I would modify current tubes by adding this material to the original print. (EXTENDING THE TUBE BACKWARDS, UNDER THE RING, IS WHAT MANY OTHER DESIFNS DID) Another idea. If you want to experiment with gap dimensions, is get a CB Curve model which should fit you, and will allow for unlimited gap adjustments. I t j onk they also sell a larger than 2.0 ring as an additional accessory. A curve is not as good a tube design as a cherry keeper in my opinion, but that comparison is not the topic here. My first cage was a curve back when it was either a CB 2000 or Curve or Lori, and it is also not discreet under clothing with too little immediate downward angle, something they corrected in later models. While dropping ring size works for most folks, my guess is you may be better served by focusing on gap reduction / angle modification. Good luck.

18. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    cherry keeper rings can mate to the cage at a variety of angles. iirc, Josie Lynn is also willing to customize that angle. I'm not sure if that's still the case.

19. Beyondheat

Beyondheat Active member

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    Ball gap is something I've been struggling with on the CK. In my goldilocks way, I thought I had the right set up between pinchy agony and beautiful compfort (so much that it fell off). As I was getting a little excited at the prospect of release, it came off in the bathroom with the twins making a run for it.

Next set up, I'm thinking of changing one or more of:
    1. Double ringing the base (I know @Lazlo Toth says it helps to be a little hairy, but I'm naturally not)
    2. Changing the ring shape - this was 55x50mm Wide Oval.
    3. Widening the cage - I'm uncut and went for the small wide with fewer+thinner bars, but it still felt like a headlock and my head was getting pretty sensitive.
    4. Lengthening the cage - maybe instead of widening it, it might help with bunched up foreskin and smaller ballgap?
    Ideas always appreciated.

I know the literally thousands of possible comobinations with so many variables is what makes CK great, but it's hard not understanding which variable you should be nudging. So far I've spend about $270 trying to get the setup right, which is more than Steelwerx and getting into Mature Metal territory. I'm happy that this is the right set up, but I wouldn't want it to take up all the family budget ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice