CB manufacturing fault?

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by fenghuang, Apr 7, 2010.

1. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    I recently bought a CB6000s.
    It was all fine till one of the pins came un-glued.
    And then I noticed the pins don't line up with the holes in the rings properly.

I spoke to the company I got it from, who checked the others they had in stock, and they were the same.

Any one have any info on this issue?

2. LittleChasteGuy

LittleChasteGuy LittleChasteGuy

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    Are you sure it is not a Chinese copy? They are notorious for poor quality.

3. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    Not that I'm aware.
    And I'd certainly hope not considering it was sold as a CB6000s and cost the same.
    Are there any tell tale signs (other than them falling apart)?

4. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    where did you buy it from?

5. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
  6. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    They should replace it without question if you got it less than 12 months ago - if it is legitimate.

If you do have problems send a picture to the manufacturer at AMiller143@aol.com

You will find he is the best - replies to your emails very quickly and can confirm if the supplier is legit.

I broke a ring end and he replace dit no questions when i sent a copy of my receipt and photo of the broken ring. It was posted to me right away - the only delay was the postal system.

I can not speak too highly of the service i got.

7. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for that Carrie. I've had a positive response from the supplier (offering exchange or refund) but I shall contact the AMiller.

8. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    If they are looking to help it may not be worth troubling Mr Miller - but you may just want to make sure that it is the real deal anyway.

carrie

9. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    Read this before buying a CB cage

The manufacturers confirmed Pasision8 sell genuine CBs
    Passion8 say they have contacted the manufacturer more than once but have failed to get a reply.
    I have since sent measurements of the missfititng pieces to the manufacturer and they haven't responded in nearly a week. I have sent a follow up email to them today.

The masurements I made are as follows.
    The centres of the pins are 38.2mm apart
    The centres of the holes in the collars are 36.8mm (average distance, +/- 0.2mm)
    The fit of the pins in the holes gives an average tollerance approx 0.1mm
    I believe the 1.4mm difference between pin and hole centres has resulted in the pins being under sufficient stress to break.

In my opnion, possible explanations for this are:
    the design supplied to the factory is wrong.
    the factory is not producing the parts coorrectly
    the design or manufacturing procss has been changed and the parts supplied were from different manufacturing runs.

10. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    I had a CB6000 cage seam split and they helped me with fast turn around service, i just found this from the A.L.E. website:
    FBI Warning
    The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by and up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.00
    If you are a seller of counterfeit products, be warned that A. L. Enterprises is actively prosecuting such sellers to the fullest extent of the law. Patents have been applied for both the CB-3000 and the CB-6000, and our entire product line is also protected through common-law trademarks, registered trademarks, and the products distinctive trade dress.
    A.L. Enterprises, Inc. does not have any authorized wholesalers in China. Any products claiming to be the same as A. L. Enterprises, Inc. are counterfeits. They are of very poor quality. China is also exporting to other countries. If the selling price is less than what is being offered on our website or is of a different color, Buyer beware, they are probably fake products. If in doubt of the authenticity of these products or of a distributor, please do not hesitate to contact us for verification of the authenticity at email address: AMiller143@aol.com
    Customers also beware of products being sold on auction type websites. It has been proven to be a source for counterfeit products.
    If you know of anyone selling our products that are not legal, help us fight this ever growing problem by advising us. We appreciate your concern.
    A.L. Enterprises, Inc.
    396 South Carbon Ave.
    Price, Utah USA 84501

CB-2000.com 2007

11. grenore

grenore Member

Local Time:
    i agree with jaimielynn--the 6000cbs original people are great to work with. very helpful over the phone and with the one year guarantee on parts it a no-briner. i have had a u-ring break and they have sent me a new one no problem asap!!

12. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately, not being on the same continent means phoning isn't particuarly convenient.

As I said, they've confimed the resellers are a legitimate supplier so there's no reason to think the CB I bought isn't a genuine item. But neither my emails, nor the resellers, seem to have solicited a response to a query about a possiible manufacturing / design fault.

13. johnsteed

johnsteed Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    I had the same (or similar) problem with my CB-6000. The pins came out. I'm not sure how they were attached to the top ring-piece anyway: was it just pressure / friction or glue or "sonic weld?"

In any event, I simply used "crazy glue" to reattach the pins and the problem was solved -- they have never come out again.

Sadly, the seams on both my CB3000 and CB6000 split on me. The sonic weld process they use just doesn't work. I returned my brand new CB6000 to the manufacturer and they replaced it promptly, but I knew it would split again. So the first thing I did was use crazy glue on the seams. Unfortunately, the glue is also a solvent and it removed the clear surface shine wherever I spread it. Those seam areas are now white and rough and collect dirt and discolor. Plus, the seams themselves collect dirt and are nearly impossible to clean (completely impossible when worn).

They really, really need to address the seam problem in the CB series.

14. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    my "first batch" CB6000 seam split after seven months of lock up, but W/we sent it back in and asked for the New(at the time) CB6000s cage, this one is shorter and the Customer Service person i talked with says that being shorter there is less chance to split, so far, so good. As for filling in the seams, the new cage had a little flaw on the bottom seam where it rides on the skin, and left a rash, i filled it in with superglue then, used sandpaper and buffed it out. The finally sandpaper was 600grit this was so smooth it polished it back to clear. it worked so good i did this to every seam, inside and outside, even over the lock hole.

15. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    i just received this in my inbox, so the manufacturers do care!!!

16. fenghuang

fenghuang Junior Member

Local Time:
    Interestingly, I received a response to my third email with exactly the same wording.
    I wonder whether they only deal with complaints in batches and send out automated replies. (Almost certainly not. Probably just a coinsidence.)

Watch this space.

17. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    I don't know, but they might have cut/paste response in this case, but, i've corresponded with them before with details and it wasn't cut/paste reply, but actual question asking reply. Then i would get another reply with the answers. I still have faith in their customer service.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice