Watchful Mistress

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by King Hippo, Nov 28, 2020.

1. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    3:50 PM
    ***I will be positing pictures of the device later for those who need a visual***

Order
    Length: 2 inches
    Gap: 1/4 inch
    Cage Diameter: 1 3/8 inches

Shipping
    My order was place on October 12th and the shipping label was created on November 20th to ship right at the 6 weeks mark. I also requested an addition to my order on the 23rd and shipping was not delayed.

Customer Service during Purchase
    Every e-mail I sent had a reply back within 24 hours, even before a purchase was made. I truly believe they treat all people as a valued customer no matter the circumstances.

Initial thoughts upon receiving
    I was really surprised how precise the ring and cage fit with the ABUS lock padlock. Everything was crafted to piece together so snug that lock is even a little hard threw the hole. This device will not budget or wiggle around from cage to ring. The ring is made with a smaller diameter metal compared to my other rings and is a lot more comfortable to wear. There was a small deform where the ring and cage meet, but it does not hinder the devices performance.

I am very happy with the product so far and I will be post some pictures and a more detailed review later once I have worn it for a week, a month, and maybe I'll come back to this post after a year. I can't imagine the device being anymore comfortable than it is, but only time will tell.

It would be hard not to rate this product 5/5 stars given the craftsmanship, customer service, and fit. The only reason you could get a bad device from this company is if you measure wrong. I would not buy this as your first device given the price tag, I would get a modular device where you can try a bunch of different size out first, but I would definitely suggest you order sizing rings.

These rings are a lot thinner and more comfortable then what I am used to and you have an option between round and oval. So it is a good idea to spend the money here to figure out you want an in-between size or a different shape. Most people have only seen options of 40mm, 45mm, and 50mm... where this company has them in 2.5mm increments, but it is listed in inches.

2. Sipriotes

Sipriotes Slave to Artemistress

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Congrats on the new device and thanks for the detailed review!

King Hippo likes this.
  3. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Here are some pictures of what I described. From measuring it the 2'' inches literately means that if you measure the 2'' inches on end to end on the INSIDE of the cage, you will find the 2'' inches.

The 1/4'' inch gap is what you would expect as well it will where the ring ends to where the cage starts. It is a 1/4'' on the money. If you aren't sure about your gap size I'd suggest going with the middle one (1/4'', 3/8'', 1/2'').

My only regret is not getting the oval ring, but the round/circular one is doing fine for me. I might get an oval ring from them in the future but this is my fault, not theirs.

Attached Files:

Jeffroid and Sipriotes like this.
  4. Rodeo cowboy

Rodeo cowboy Long term member

Stuff
    Texas
    Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    Impressive

King Hippo likes this.
  5. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    1:50 PM
    Very nice cage! I’m sure you’ll be happy with it.

Regarding the snugness of the lock fitting, with my JailBird I found that over time the lock hasp did loosen up a bit and eventually the assembly wasn’t completely rigid anymore. I switched to using the security screw at that point (having ordered my cage with that option) and haven’t gone back — but of course just getting a new ABUS lock would be another option.

King Hippo likes this.
  6. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    1:50 PM
    So glad you are pleased :) Let us know if you ever have any questions. Welcome to the MM family

King Hippo likes this.
  7. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Well it has been a little over a month of wearing this and here are some recommendations for buyers.

I really like the device, but if you are going with a device that is 2 inches or smaller, you are probably better off going with the Jailbird model.

I should have gotten the oval ring instead of the round.

I am interested in the double band base rings they sell, but I don't know how you would order one with the initial device... I am sure you could ask about it.

I do not regret purchasing this at all and would recommend this company to anyone who is wearing their device long terms. I don't know if I will ever buy another device, but if I do it will surely be from this company.

8. soccerslave

soccerslave Long term member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    12:50 PM
    I basically have the exact same device except with an oval base ring. I used the security screw and I have the punishment pin option so that once the pin is inserted I cannot back out without doing some damage. It's just a deterrent more than anything. I agree with you however that if I were to buy another device at the 2-in length that I would go with the jailbird. I just picked one up used here on this site and it's a little longer than my watchful mistress but the diameter and GAP are the same. I enjoy it quite a bit in that I can keep myself clean easier for long-term. I'm only a few days in but the key is locked away for at least another week so I anticipate no problems. I believe I will send this in and have the punishment pin option applied to it but otherwise I think it's an excellent cage as well.

saying this about the jailbird is in no way meant to detract from the watchful mistress. It is a very comfortable device and I've enjoyed wearing it the past couple of months. I will continue wearing it and switch off back and forth. It is perfectly fit and keeps me effectively contained, especially when I have a punishment pain installed. I know that without the key there is no removing or backing out of the cage. I really have nothing bad to say about either of the mature metal devices. The watchful mistress just requires more diligence when in the shower but it is certainly a cage that is both beautiful and practical. Thank You Mature Metal!

9. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I received the Oval Ring with the increase gap today. If you are interested in seeing the difference between an Oval vs Round... and possibly the gap size difference... There should be other threads that I have made or plan on making soon. For me the Oval ring was a no brainer after trying it.

10. Rodeo cowboy

Rodeo cowboy Long term member

Stuff
    Texas
    Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    I could do with out seeing it. I am interested in your opinion on how it feels after wearing both styles.

11. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I'll definitely be posting some pictures to show people what to expect when they order a specific gap or shape. I made a really good post so far about the shape, but I still need to get real pictures of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice