What's your take?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by King Hippo, Oct 12, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    12:56 AM
    Depends on the circumstance. Should the opportunity present, and be appropriate, then yes.

Both suggestions at once, female-led, and chastity, perhaps not. Such things come in steps, and of the two, a female-led dynamic would be more sensible, particularly for a relationship in need of some stabilization. Far be it to intercede, but should a couple ask, or a candid conversation take place, the suggestion might be left in one or both partner's hands to consider.

My logic was this: in any decision at which a couple is at odds, someone must eventually prevail, or a compromise be reached. The FLR is both; a compromise is reached in advance that one partner will prevail. in the conventional chivalrous world in which the man defers to the woman, opens her door and drops his cloak in the puddle for her to walk across, what is more chivalrous than to determine her the final arbiter of conflict (and thus avoid the conflict)?

The couple may find that her frustration in not being heard, and his frustration in decisions that are not always for the best, may be vastly improved when her voice is final, and her decision serves the greater good.

Or not. Why not let them know, and find out for themselves?

King Hippo likes this.
  2. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    4:56 PM
    You seem reasonably intelligent. I wonder why you think it might be a good idea? It seems like a bad idea, but because it's coming from you, perhaps you know something more about the couple aside from a rough spot in their relationship.

Generally, I'd say that during relationship problems, it's a bad idea to try to introduce a change in the power dynamics. I mean, if he already has issues with her, why would he want to give her so much control? If she has issues with him, why give him some weird new kink?

So.... What makes you think it might work?

King Hippo likes this.
  3. wewhoare

wewhoare Госпожа Мышь owns me

Office
    Russia
    Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    If a suggesting person thinks it might be of help, it might be met not with freaking out nor like a long awaited answer to the issues blindly, thinks their help try may be welcomed and not seen as nosey being, thinks it okay to be outed to them... if that and likely things unconsidered turn well and it will be met warmly, chastity and/or FLR talk may give a new angle to look at their problems, new tools to use. That might turn used and helpful, may pull them out of the arguments mental railroads. But it required a plenty of if-s to work, isn't it? But the OP knows the details, so he is to decide.

King Hippo likes this.
  4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    7:56 PM
    Well I was just proposing a hypothetical, to see what everyone's input would be. Personally, I think you have to gage each couple differently on advice on this topic.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  5. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    You gain nothing but losing a friendship giving unsolicited advice to others. We have found out over the years introducing others to chastity works best with stable couples and not those having problems. At least 2 of those we introduced were looking to add kink into their sex live and this was a good fit. For another, it was they wanted to try something different and chastity and for suited them the best. She was always the dominant one and he was always looking to please her.

with the last couple, they have been our friends for over 30 years and we have done and shared everything including our wives. However, we stopped swapping over 20 years ago but the girls are still lovers to this day. When we started chastity, my wife showed her my caged cock and within a month he was locked as well. We can both be found naked except for our cage, tied to a chair, watching the two ladies pleasing each other in bed. Talk about a tease session.

one of the couples introduced another couple they knew and were having marriage trouble to chastity and it went wrong on so many levels. The helping couple got the blame when the marriage finally fell apart. Every denial, every unlocking turned into a fight on top of fights already had, so it deteriorated into a war.

6. HusbandX

Local Time:
    I write, and in two days, it's NaNoWriMo, or national novel writing month. A few years ago I was stuck during NaNoWriMo, and received an email with a spin on the classic counsel that "when stuck, throw in a monkey." That counsel means when one can't figure out where to go, plug in a hail mary twist and see where it takes the author. In the classic case, introduce a monkey into the story and see what happens. In my case, the email suggested a box. I thought it odd, but put a box in the story. It happened to be a story arc I'd been stuck on for several decades. It also happened that the box opened it up and changed the trajectory of everything.

Unsolicited advice can be a life saver. "Sir, I suggest standing somewhere other than the busy highway" isn't wrong. "Son, perhaps hold your hand in the flame is not the best choice," may save a painful burn. "Have you considered lettering Susie make the choices for a while, see what happens?" Not necessarily wrong.

Throw in a box. See what happens.

The person(s) receiving the input have full authority to accept or reject it. Take it for what it's worth; free advice. Free counsel. A passing thought. Here, this worked for us. Maybe it will work for you. Martha, have you considered giving Tim a time out?

7. meuk85

meuk85 Active member

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:56 AM
    Not unless they would be open to try and they would need to really kinky just to start with and are you close to the couple? There is no harm in asking if they know about your kinky secret as well maybe, maybe it gives them a good laugh, maybe it does nothing for them.

8. Ma'at Rebekah

Ma'at Rebekah Long term member

ma'at
    usa
    Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    consider how you feel about a Jehovah witness coming to your door trying to tell you their faith is better than yours, not on my a list of things to experience. probably not yours either but it must work why else would they keep knocking on doors. it's hard to believe they are obnoxious opinionated people wanting to inflict their point of view on poor unsuspecting souls wanting to be rid of them within seconds.
    religion?..... politics? .... maybe.................. a couples sex life? not unless they ask and even then tread lightly.

9. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Yes, but the big difference is that the JW is usually a total stranger blathering about their cult. If you know someone very well, you may be able to guess if they may be open to chastity.

I do think it's generally a bad idea to try to use chastity to repair a relationship. I also think that if it's appropriate to bring it up, it should only be presented as "this is what helped our relationship" without suggesting that they "should" try it. If they want to try it, they can always ask you about it later. If they want to try it, it's quite possible that they won't want you to even know that they are trying it, so don't expect any discussion about it.

10. HusbandX

Local Time:
    I'm not a Jehovahs Witness, but I believe the concept is to offer a message for those who are interested. I'll generally listen to anyone, until they become offensive or intrusive. I'll even listen to that used vacuum cleaner salesman (right up until he asks about my daughter. I own guns).

When someone tells me about their medical problem, if I have an experience that relates, I may share it. Perhaps a good doctor or clinic or hospital. Perhaps a remedy that helped me. Perhaps some hope, as I had the same thing and it went away quickly and didn't return.

When someone tells me about their automotive problem, I may ask a few questions, see if I can offer some help, and if not, point them somewhere. They're under no obligation to take any of it. Even if they reject it, the polite response is "Thanks." If they take it, may be it will help.

By offering a suggestion, one isn't cramming anything down anyone's throat, let alone intruding on their life. If a couple is having problems and shares them, it may be that one or both just want a shoulder to cry on, but if they're airing their grievances, then there's a reason. It may well be that they're hoping someone with throw them a bone, a lifeline, something to break the status quo.

It needn't be "Jill, have you considered locking Mark's cock in a steel trap and then making him beg for table scraps while you whip his ass with a four-iron?"

But offering something that's helped you, to someone who needs help, isn't wrong. Nor unappreciated. A little judgement as to when it's appropriate, and how it's offered will go a long way.

11. Ma'at Rebekah

Ma'at Rebekah Long term member

ma'at
    usa
    Local Time:
    we have many children and we repeatedly tell them never ever get involve with problems between couples. regardless how it turns out you are at best unappreciated and at worst part of the problem. since there are 7 adults in our family unit it is imperative they heed this advice. a daughter who often feels she has a unique perspective so her advice could help constantly wonders why she turns out to be the bad guy, i simply ask her was her advice solicited or not?

Xileh likes this.
  12. Guest 8927

Guest 8927 Long term member

Local Time:
    5:56 PM
    I think the biggest problem is the risk of exposure to your own relationship, should they absolutely reject the notion. With that said I know a few couples that would absolutely benefit from it if it were laid out and set up properly.

I would also say that I have come to understand that submission is a strength in males like us, that takes an ingrained desire to do it. Most, while the tendency or inner workings may say to, simply couldn't or wouldn't allow it. That is likely the converse angle in a female, who has likely spent the vast majority of their lives as the beta partner in their relationship. I guess if all of the boxes to that dynamic were checked, yes, I suppose it sure couldn't hurt.

13. Guest 2940

Guest 2940 Member

Local Time:
    If you know this couple well, and are willing to share your own experiences, then YES. My suggestion would be for your KH to broach it with the wife first...then as a couple present it to them both..

14. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    If you have to ask us, I’d say NO. Don’t look for reasons to do what you immediately decided not to do. Your instincts are probably right.

Ma'at Rebekah likes this.
  15. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    Sure. Just don’t tell them what to do. Ask about a life situation/scenario that they are having difficulties with and explain how a FLR could help change it for the positive. Maybe a change in dynamic is what could be helpful for them. What they are doing right now isn’t working right now anyway. Do you have an example of something that they are disagreeing about that you can share?

16. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I can't imagine why people think it's a good idea to try to talk others into a specific kink.

What would be OK (with a close friend who you already discus sex with) would be to describe your own relationship and answer any questions they have. Note that if they don't have any questions, it's probably because you already told them more than they wanted to know, so drop it immediately. Less is more.

17. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    This must have slipped through my fingers and I missed it, sorry! It was completely hypothetical, just wanted to know everyone opinion.

I am a little surprised by all the replies though.

18. Braddogg4345

Braddogg4345 Happily Owned by a Goddess

Southern California
    Local Time:

I actually had a few friends (husband and wife) who were Jehovahs witnesses. They were good people, and oddly enough, they never talked about it or tried to push it on me when we hung out together. What I don't understand about the religion is that: if they believe only a certain number of people get to heaven, then why are they trying to recruit more? Wouldn't you think they would be trying to talk people out of it??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice