Did I buy a fake? :(

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Justapuppy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Justapuppy

Justapuppy Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:23 PM
  2. ste

ste Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    I bought a 6000 from an English company on eBay, when I sent it to AI because it split they told me it was fake. The real ones all have an AI logo on them somewhere apparently.

3. locked4her

locked4her Member

Local Time:
    Working for a Aerospace company we have a serious issue with conterfeiting though that is electromechanical items. However China is the biggest producer of counterfeit items and are very good at it, I too had looked at getting some bits from this company but as soon as I saw China it was a big no no.

Without going into it too much but counterfeiting is a funny thing, you could buy a counterfeit and it could be better than the real thing but more often than not it isn't.

You'll find out soon enough if it breaks in the first 3 months or not.

4. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    7:23 AM
  5. Petite Salope

Petite Salope Sissy Cherry

Local Time:
    I'm not too sure about extremerestraints since they have a few counterfeit leather items. Chiness copy of sinvention items.

I got my CB6000 from www.cb-2000.com very good service, never had a problem with my CB.

-Cherry

6. Justapuppy

Justapuppy Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:23 PM
    I've ordered some stuff from extreme restraints, which one did you consider fake?

7. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    I can't vouch for fakes but I do have a Fort from extremerestraints which a blatant copy of the CB3000 but in steel. It may not be a patent infringement if the original patent specified acrylic and not steel. It is good quality, not rust or other issues, but nonetheless an exact copy.

8. ste

ste Junior Member

Local Time:
    This is the reply from AI -

On all of our products we have stamped them and your cage does not have this stamp.

Cut and pasted from their email.

Smjscuckold likes this.
  9. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    Interesting - I have only ever bought originals from Millers and not one of my cages has a stamp. Maybe this is a new thing and there may be originals out there without the stamp?

I am assuming from AI, you mean AL as in AL Enterprises who run www.cb-2000.com?

10. billie

billie Active member

Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    hmm

Given the pricing, I would tend to they are selling fakes at that "good-shopping" site. I would maybe believe that price for a cb-3000, but their price for the cb-6000 is unbelievable. I am considering contacting AL emterprises myself, just out of curiosity, since everything about mine seems genuine, except the pouch does not say CB-6000 on it, and I was under the impression that it is supposed to.

11. pedro1a

pedro1a New member

Local Time:
    Hi TCFun,

quote:
    'Real ones do not have any logos on them.'

I wouldn't be to sure of that.

As far as I know the original ALE (AI) items have the Logo 'ALE' on the rings as well as the single letters 'A,L & E' and the rings are numbered according to size.

Also the shape of the rings (across) seems to be somewhat rectangular.

Anything else is likely to be a fake.

Your item may be an earlier model, however?

Pedro1a

12. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    Pedro - yes, I ordered mine before they were released and got on of the 1st batch, so ALE may have changed the molds since then. However, I have given up with the CB6000 as it keeps splitting. Even though ALE will replace them, it's very inconvenient. I now use a metal device (the Lancelot from Madame-Dura.de).

13. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    All of mine were bought from reputable places, but I don't think it matters since I have had breakage issues with the real ones as well...

14. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    That Lancelot looks interesting. I bet that with the flexible cage, it's got to be one of the most discrete CBs out there.

15. pedro1a

pedro1a New member

Local Time:
    Hi TCFun,

thanks for your reply. I guess that's why. I've seen a recent model CB 6000 and that one looks the way I have described.
    Yes, 'splitting' seems to be a common problem with the CB's, even the real ones, not just the Chinese fakes and even exchanging is troublesome & a nuisance.
    The 'Lancelot' seems to be a good choice, and being quite flexible, is should be reasonably 'comfortable' as well.
    By the way as you mention 'Madame Dura' – being a bit nearer to that scene - Madame Dura 'herself' has ceased business and there are some reported cases of problems with the orders and deliveries prior to the transition.

But meanwhile her business has been taken over by some one else – supposedly reputable – and the problems should have been sorted out.

I guess it should be o.k. to order with confidence again in the future.

Back to the CB there's obviously a lot of fakes around - the Chinese seem to call all and everything 'CB xk' - and the original items should now look as described.

I've even heard of 'H' - shaped ring profiles - I guess they're phoney, too.

Best regards

Pedro1a

16. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    In my experience, Extreme Restraints sells knockoffs on MOST of their products... in some cases, extreme restraints are the ones giving the designs to the chinese factories that are making the copies... so I wouldn't trust them at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice