Thought Experiment: What would an actual real-life and functioning Matriarchy look like?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by SubSnuggler, Aug 18, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. LockitMan

LockitMan Lifestyle service submissive/slave/sissy maid

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    3:54 AM

That episode got me all hot and bothered back in my 20's. Cant wait for telescopes to find THAT planet! Lol

2. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    #27 winstonmacgregor, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Maybe but not necessarily. Anything can work as long as there is consent and everybody is on board. The men would not be forced against their will. They would be voluntarily taking their role in a society that they believe in. We have already had patriarchy and it has worked out well in many ways and not so well in others. Women have benefited from society being run by men but there have been a significant downside for them as well. Same thing under a matriarchy. Men will benefit from a women led society, they just will not have it all in the way that they always have.

LockitMan and SubSnuggler like this.
  3. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    I apologize Ma'am. Thank you for the gentle correction, it wont happen again.

4. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    You would not be disenfranchising men. Men would be handing society over to women because they are much more intelligent than we are. Women/girls would just get preference and privilege because it makes sense. You wold not be cast away, you would just be put in a support role.

5. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    One of the things I think was an unfortunate accident in our cultural history was this issue of pants and skirts. At one time, men wore skirts and the women wore pants. At some time or another this somehow flipped, despite that mens equipment is much more practical with skirt wearing.

So here's my first request to the matriarchy, somehow lets set the tone and make skirt wearing by men acceptable. Skirts should be gender neutral. **deep breath** now we can get on to more important business.

So, in our matriarchy, how is tourism handled? I'm sure there would be no lack of people flocking in to see how women won the world. But we can't have those pesky tourists trampling our customs!

I would suggest that male non-citizens be strictly forbidden to be without a female chaperone at all times. If he is married, he must be with his wife. If he is single, he must pay (or otherwise provide for) a female citizen to accompany him everywhere. He must not be left alone a moment- and if privacy is needed for bathing or sleeping he must be kept restrained. We can't have single untrained males running amuck in our paradise.

If he is homosexual or married to another male, with proper examination he may travel freely as any male citizen might(?) I'm not sure how to handle those cases. After all, theoretically they are no danger to the status quo..

6. LukeVallentine

LukeVallentine Long term member

EU
    Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    There are several scientific methods to measure intelligence. Which one are your referring to?

homebody likes this.
  7. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    Can you elaborate, please?

8. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    I can start by first off saying that intelligence does not equate to moral/good behavior in anyway. People tend to enmesh the two. Usually men have one thing that they are very good/intelligent with at the expense of other areas of their life. Women are just born with a higher emotional/social intelligence than men are. Even the least intelligent woman has a higher emotional/social intelligence than the majority of men. Men seem to have their niche that they hyper focus on while women have the ability to oscillate between a multitude of intelligences . They understand how to have a higher quality of life through self care, balance, ect. They lead in a more circular fashion instead of the top down pyramid that men prefer which leads to better creativity, collaboration, better ideas, and wellbeing. There is also the cliche of girls/women doing better in school than their male counterparts. It is just an observation from working for women most of my life. You can even experience this difference by choosing a woman as your primary care physician. She will take the time to fully understand you and create a holistic/sustainable long term health plan for you as opposed to a male doctor who will walk in for 3 minutes, staring at his clip board, barely look at you, quote numbers and facts that he memorized from a book, and wish you a good day. The ability to listen and take advice is also a form of intelligence that we benefit from. There is a good chance that there are women in your life, women smarter than you, who stay quiet and let you believe that you are smarter than them because they understand you well and want to support you. Unpaid emotional labor is the term I’m looking for.

9. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    I believe emotional intelligence is an oxymoron.
    Speaking of leading in "circular fashion", I've had many female bosses, but all of them somehow preferred the pyramid system.
    As to a choice in doctors, I believe in professionalism above everything. The guy (or a woman for that matter) may be cold and uncaring, but why should I care if the choice this person makes is the optimal? Or would you rather prefer a hug and wrong treatment?

10. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    If you consider emotional intelligence to be an oxymoron then there really is going to be no sense in diving any deeper in to this. Just know that someone with a high emotional intelligence is living the best life that can be lived seeing as that it is the most important form of intelligence that there is. Humans were not created as calculators. We are all here because of survival of the fittest. The smartest among us were the ones who bonded and coexisted together. The ones that had the highest emotional intelligence.

11. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    Perhaps. Anyway, it's been a nice discussion.

12. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    Sound like paradise but they have probably already found us, didn’t even park their ship, and then made an immediate u-turn out of this dumpster fire that we have turned our beautiful planet in to.

LockitMan likes this.
  13. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    Dont psychopaths have high emotional intelligence?

14. jet_silver

jet_silver Active member

Engineer
    Space coast of Florida
    Local Time:
    There have been functioning matriarchies before and one is Hawai'i pre-1840 or so. Yah: the guys fought over land and stuff and the women didn't get to eat bananas, but when you look at how *society* functioned you find that the network of women were really pulling the strings. (It is where I grew up. In school this is hinted at but not ever explicit in my experience.) To simplify things a lot, even today once the "aunties" get hold of a problem they get it solved and any male with any sense stands from under.

A matriarchal culture that persisted pretty much intact for between eight hundred and a thousand years might not be a bad place to start one's musings.

SubSnuggler and PerhapsJustAdog like this.
  15. PerhapsJustAdog

PerhapsJustAdog Active member

Sweden
    Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    Another society worth looking into is the tuareg, matrilineal, up until quite recently men wore the veil, never women. The women also adhere to pre-islamic cosmology and rituals, social status is tied to women and residency is matrilocal. Just as an interesting tidbit.

jet_silver likes this.
  16. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    They definitely can. Intelligence and moral behavior are two separate issues though. You can have a high emotional intelligence and use it for manipulation and abuse.

17. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:54 AM
    Thought it might be good to go back to the original post and actually answer the questions.

To recap:
    What do we call our new Country?

Tranquility

What type of government system does it have and how does its new legal system operate?

Fairly boring democracy, normal looking legal system.

How enfranchised are men (or disenfranchised) within this legal framework?

Theoretically, totally franchised. However, the OP specified that the founder are all FLR, so in practice most representatives and high office holders are female. The laws also reflect this, tending to protect women's spaces and foster woman's cultural events. For example, Tranquility is famous for its yearly yarn and pilates festival.

How about marriage? and how does that affect men's rights in this new country?

Pretty much the same, though with legal frameworks for poly and polyandry. Again, in practice, the application of the law tends to favour women. Also, there's a legal presumption that women being the weaker sex - up to certain limits - woman on man assault is impossible within a marriage, and that on getting married men consent to being slapped etc.

What interesting societal or cultural traditions begin in our new Nation that differentiate it from our neighbors?

It would look a lot like Holland, but with more yarn festivals. Dating would tend to involve male chastity devices, but worn more in the way that you hear about uptight girls making their boyfriend keep on their underpants or wear Speedos(!). The presumption would be that the cock doesn't come out.

There would also be very strict laws against sexual harassment by men, meaning that men would be super polite around women, and that women would tend to make the first move in dating.

How are immigration and tourism handled?

In theory equitably. In practice men are more likely to get visiting worker status for a while before becoming citizens, and thus be limited to service type jobs; which acts as a screen.

Do we have a military, and if so what does it look like?

Much like an idealised version of the IDF. Very co-ed. Little or no BS. Most of the senior officers would be female.

Probably an interesting viewpoint on modern society....what form does social media take in our new country, and what's the most popular TV show or movie?

Like ours but more heavily moderated.

Are sex, nudity, and fetishes kept private, or does this Nation show a more liberal flair?

I think mores are pretty much the same, though there's a tendency for young women to collar their boyfriends.

What other aspects of our new Country show us to be distinct from our neighbors?

We're really big on the kind of manly sports that women enjoy watching for prurient reasons. We have, for example, a really great mens rugby team.

Artem, SubSnuggler, LockitMan and 2 others like this.
  18. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    Great post, and relatively realistic way to bring FLR into the mainstream. In many aspects (like sexual harassment), we're already there.

Also, there should be a legally binding NCC type of marriage contract. The signing of the contract and particular clauses should be left to the parties, of course, but, once signed, it should be 100% enforceable, granting the wife custody of her husband in case of the breach for a set period of time.
    The police units and magistrates tasked with enforcement of these contracts should be composed solely of women.

LockitMan likes this.
  19. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    Having some form of hypnosis/brainwashing could play a big part in a future matriarchal society. Maybe separate the boys at a young age in school and give them a separate curriculum that incorporates this. It will groom a submissive mindset and a subordinate/subservient attitude towards women.

20. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Too creepy! Also, not needed.

I think submission is like any other orientation - you can enable it, but you can't ethically or effectively instil it in people.

In the state I sketched out, things are stacked against men who have dominant tendencies, so when they come of age, they'll tend to go and seek their fortunes elsewhere.

Conversely, "foreign" young men with submissive urges will be glad to take up scholarships at the state university.

LockitMan and LukeVallentine like this.
  21. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    You don’t believe that your environment or any other external influence helps shape whether or not you have submissive tendencies? There is a thread on here somewhere asking if submissive is an orientation or a behavior. I remember it being a 50/50 kind of response

22. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    That was his point exactly. People should be able to choose their fetishes, including FLR, as opposed to being indoctrinated and forced into them.

SubSnuggler and Giles_English like this.
  23. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's a really deep question. My personal best guess is that submission is an expression of a bundle of personality traits that don't all look submissive. In this view, for example, Maximus from Gladiator would be really plausible as a service oriented submissive. I don't think erotic submission is itself learned so much as discovered: it's an evolutionary trap - we're like the Australian bug drawn to mating with beer bottles. So, since you can't instil personality traits in people, so I don't think you can make people submissive.

However, even if submission were entirely learned, it would be more likely to be learned from the environment than from any direct effort to teach it. Growing up surrounded by strong empowered women, with the default assumption that most authority figures are female, would be enough.

24. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    This is where the ambiguity is. Would we have more strong empowered women in the world if their environment created the circumstances to thrive? If they learned that it was okay to be more authoritative instead of meeker/submissive.

25. LukeVallentine

EU
    Local Time:
    Have you seen any meek/submissive women lately? Our society is very enfranchising as is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice