tiffs Beautiful Paddle Creations

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Mistress Michelle, Feb 28, 2010.

1. susie q

susie q Dear friend of the Mistress Michelle clan

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    No problem rachel my truck has a full tank and you can borrow it (always glad to help a sister) but getting off topic and back to the howling ,at the first gathering the sounds comming outta the hot tub ,Mistress Michelle knows what i'm talking about i lmao everytime i think about it :haha4: Curtsey my Goddess

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    Of course there's sharing! Why wouldn't there be? Goddess Jen may get tired... she can't be expected to work 24/7 to keep LUM occupied!

Someone else is always ready to step up to the plate... and there are bathrooms to be cleaned, beds to be made, Gin and Tonics to be served....

Anyone would think the subbies are expecting some sort of pleasure holiday!

3. forevermore

forevermore Long term member

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    Tiff,

Sorry that I have been delayed in posting this, but I have to chime in on the paddles. This might sound strange coming from me, one who bears the brunt of these beautiful creations, but they ARE truly magnificent works of art. They are gorgeous and each individual one has it own characteristics and personality. I can admire them just like everyone else.....well until it strikes my ass, then I am not so much in love with them.

Most paddles appear to be created first for purpose and then maybe appearance, but that is generally some corny marketing gimmick like having a heart shaped one with pink fluffy stuff around the edge. These are paddles are created with appearance as a priority and are truly display pieces. But do't be fooled, they are also fierce in application. And you know that each was created by a wood working master who pours his/her heart and soul into each one.

4. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    First and foremost, I am exceedingly happy to hear that everyone is enjoying their new paddles. (Emma, I'm sure yours aren't far off). Now for a brief update....It's looks as though W/we are going into the paddle making business. Last week, tiff went to the lumber supplier and hand picked another $1000 of exotics. Today it was a trip to the tool supply company to upgrade a belt sander (for the flat faces) and an oscillating sander (for all the squigglies and curves). That one put a dent in the bank account!! LOL Not only will the new tools speed production, but will also allow her to be even more creative. tiff is planning on doing some custom work when she finishes the round of paddles she is currently working on. she has also been kicking around the idea of expanding into other "toys" such as spreader bars, etc. I guess time will tell on that front.

I've been working on a marketing strategy for them which involves pictures.. Lots and lots of pictures! The biggest problem I'm running into though is that I need bright lighting so the wood grain shows up but that creates a horrible glare! Oh, well. Just another obstacle.

5. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well if you want to get a website up and running I'll be happy to help out. Till you get your feet off the ground I can help provide a bit of space and coding help. I'm not a web designer but I know my way around web programming languages and can make the website talk to paypal quite well.

6. Ms.Linda

Local Time:
    LUM- your offer of help is so gratefully accepted, and appreciated more than words can say.

7. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Just a thought off the top of my head, Try putting them on to a white (or a colour that contrast the paddle) background a sheet for example and with the flash glare try something like putting white tissue paper or tracing paper over the flash, it should act like a defuser for the flash (note: this is just off the top of my head), When I'm in the pub tomorrow night I'll ask my photographer friend for a few tips :)

http://bit.ly/96eXQx
    http://www.ehow.com/way_5707793_diy-diffuser.html
    might help, but if you got a built in flash might be a pain in the ass to sort. We need a photo person in here... wheres xcite when you need him :p

8. SilkStraitJacket

SilkStraitJacket Junior Member

Local Time:
    If you need help to build website , i'm a programmer and help you if you want.

9. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm so excited you have NO idea! I'm sure they'll be here before the end of the month when I'll be clubbing again, so that's ok.

Linda, you may want to think about creating a profile at FetLife and chatting around so that when you are ready to sell you can do a bit of sneaky promotion over there. I'm sure there are lots of paddle groups and kinky BDSM DIY groups.

I think we need a little bit of help with some coding for a some photo album software we bought that doesn't work with vB4... could you PM pet and ask him if we still need help!? PURLEASE!!! I'd be eternally grateful if you could help on that one.

10. Ms.Linda

Local Time:
    Emma- I've had an account at FetLife for quite a while now. It's just a matter of getting around over there. And, the paddles should be there by the end of the week. I sent them priority and was told 7-10 days. So keep an eye out.

silkstraightjacket- Thank you so much for the offer. At present, I have someone working on it. But, hold that thought....we may need more help.

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support and generous offers of assistance. You all are an exceptional group of people to know! The prospect of this endeavor taking off is so exciting. It's something I have been trying to get tiff to do for years. I've always seen the potential in her work, but she never thought it was good enough. To see it finally taking shape is like a dream come true.

11. Ritabir

Ritabir Owner of riki

Local Time:
    selling

Also, ebay does have an adult section..AND ETSY is a wonderful site for artists to sell their handmade wares. I have seen some wonderful leather products over there!

12. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm knocking up a web store for linda and tiff. Should have something to show them tomorrow hopefully (if nothing gets in the way), once tiff/linda get back to me with a 'look'/layout I will redesign the style sheet to match as much as I can.

The problem with ebay for us UK users anyways, is they won't let us brits buy anything from adult listings, We can use ebay.com to browse them but once we log in we get a nice message "Sorry, go and bugger off".

I'm not saying rule out ebay, as it gives a great point of entry to repeat customers and word of mouth and get people to your own site and then on the next sale your not paying ebay fee's ;)

Hopefully Linda/Tiff Like the site :)

EDIT: Stopping for the time being, done alot of work. Going out to the pub later so going to have a bath and get ready to go out. Just a question. SilkStraitJacket You say your a programmer, are you a designer too? could do with a logo or two :)

13. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:39 AM
    Oh my word.... I for one CAN NOT believe all the support the people on here are giving. LOCK UP MALE,,,,???? THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

GODDESS JEN,,,,?? THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting a bug in Lock Up Male's ear.

MISTRESS WATCHFUL,,,? THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH also.

And to MISTRESS MICHELE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I still am at a loss of words to say to You.. You are the one that started this thread and got the ball rolling in selling these. It was Your words and that of others that said to me "what the hell, give it a shot." I for one see the beauty in the wood. not my work. I know they are better then what I have seen on the web. But,,, but,,, Maybe it's because I have worked with wood so long it takes more to "awe" me. I don't know. But this site and the people on it seem to tell me different.

And to my wife,, best friend, lover,,,Ms. Linda... For putting up with my having to "do things right.." The one thing I can not stand is doing something "half assed" in my woodworking.. And Ms. Linda has listened to this over and over the past 20 years.. There were times that I would "need" certain tools to do a job the right way. and would spend WELL over what I would charge someone to make,, whatever. { lol.. I learned that word from MM..lol} And Ms. Linda understood WHY I needed to do/spend the money.. NOT ONCE did she tell me NO.. She may have bitched a little,, but never said no... THANK YOU my love for letting me express myself in what I take so much pride in.

It has been said many times before on this site,,, and today I say it also... This site is BEYOND GREAT. It thoroughly impresses me how so many people will ofter what they know to help one another... I FRICK'IN LOVE IT...
    I hope one day Ms. Linda and I can return the kindness this site and it's members have shown us...

A WELL DONE,, Mistress Watchful and Pet.. Thank you..

THANK YOU ALL..
    tiff.

14. Ritabir

Ritabir Owner of riki

Local Time:
    and I guess

I don't exist?? for a thank you or perhaps you want me on your bad side so I use those paddles on you at the Fall gathering..oh that's right..I would use them any way!

15. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:
    LOL, how silly of me, Ms.Rob. I apologize wholeheartedly for the oversight.:anim_37: Bad tiffy...I should be spanked! :spankwhip:
    You have a part in this as well. It was your first request that got the tools working.

16. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    No Worries. I'm gonna carry on with work on it tomorrow. My testing server is a bit of a mess (throwing code about the place like a code monkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8S7QxpjeY ) But gonna have a sleep and crack on again in the morning :)

17. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    You are so welcome, my dear. As for Daniel helping you out...I really didn't put a a bug anywhere. He suggested it. He is a such a sweetheart and enjoys helping out when he can (hmmm...kinda reminds me of someone else I know, TIFF!!).

I think you and Lin going into business is a fabulous idea! I'll help anyway I can. :anim_25:

18. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:

" Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit." lololol

In that case,,, A BIGGER THANK YOU Daniel.. and,,, um,,, GJ,,,,?? I guess that would mean LESS of a THANK YOU [anyway} for You...lololololol
    But on Your note about "helping any way You can",,??? I'll hold You to that..lolol

tiff

19. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    OK, I just spit my soda out. THANKS TIFF!!!

And I still mean I'll help ANYWAY I can. :sex007:

20. tiffiny

tiffiny Senior Member

Local Time:
    lolololol..

Give You one guess as to what my mind is thinking.....Llololol

21. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hooray!

Mine finally arrived yesterday, but due to laptop issues and then the bed breaking, this is the first time I've got to sit down and post!

They are, as everyone else says, AMAZING!

My fave so far is the one on the left... what a lovely sound, really bouncy too... love it!

The other more thicker ones are a little too much for pet so I can't wait to take them out and about and try them on willing victims, I mean subjects!

Thanks again tiff... you're fabulous. Can't wait to see your shop/website up and running so we can start promoting it!

Attached Files:

22. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    on the site front. We are almost there.
    The store's back end is up and running, Just needs filling with content. And transforming from the generic look I gave it to the one Linda has given me. The Domain has been purchased and is now linked to the site, Gotta do the landing page/info/showcase part but that wont take me too long. I've gotta give my server a spring clean though but planning on doing that tomorrow morning/afternoon. But once thats done I'll crack back on with the site (would rather give it a spring clean before releasing the site on the world as there will be some down time while i do it).

It should be open soon :)

Tiff/Linda start thinking options/models/names and most importantly prices...

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice