Anxiety Meds

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by shannonsanders, Aug 5, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. Ron33

Ron33 Long term member

Retired
    Arkansas
    Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    Same here, took that several years ago and it almost completely blocked my ability to orgasm. I couldn't from regular sex, very vigorous masturbation I could, but barely. I stopped taking it.

2. Charleston

Charleston Active member

Machinist
    South west Louisiana
    Local Time:
    When I was on meds it took me forever to cum and I pretty much got to the point of not feeling anything really. I had to get off of them and feel much better. I wish I had learned to cope with it before being medicated. I am much better off now that I am medication free.

LockitMan likes this.
  3. shannonsanders

shannonsanders Long term member

Local Time:
    Everybody is a little different. I've struggled with anxiety my whole life. The last few years, I've felt it was under control with reduced stress, exercise, diet, and yes, kink. The whole Covid and personal circumstances have taken a toll, and I can't afford not to take steps to get through the next 6 or more months with more focus. I have a lot on my shoulders. I'm pissed off it has come to this.

So, I took Prozac this morning.

I am extremely pissed off this could take a toll on my sex life and other things. I hope things are better by spring, and I can get off them.

4. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    I've worked incredibly hard to find answers elsewhere for a really, really long time. I can't afford to screw up the next few months. I hope this is temporary I can get back to other things.

5. LockitMan

LockitMan Lifestyle service submissive/slave/sissy maid

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    4:34 AM
    #30 LockitMan, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020

I sincerely wish you only the best in your endeavor. I too have felt the crushing feeling of depression and know how hard it can be to cope. I'm better now but I will never forget that hopelessness and despair, and the seeming futility of trying to find an answer. All I can say for sure is that feelings are just that, something you feel, like cold or hunger, they need not ever dictate a course of action. And certainly not anything that would be irreverseable.

There are two amino acids, found in almost all protein that are also sold in pill form, and both help with depression and anxiety. They are Glycine and Methionine. The first doubles in the body as a neurotransmitter - the most plentiful relaxing compound in the brain. The second is a precursor for serotonin and other happy transmitters. Alone or together they can and have helped many. My Ex uses glycine to almost instantly stop a full blown panic attack in its tracks. She swears by it and I'm thrilled that my own personal research has helped her in such a profound way. I cant guarantee total success, but I'd be shocked if they didnt at least help some.
    There are no known adverse reactions to either.

6. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    please please please if you haven’t done so talk to your doctor. You shouldn’t be going on or off of these meds without close supervision by someone who really understands them.

These meds are SERIOUS and can really mess you up if you’re not careful.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not judging you nor am I saying you shouldn’t use them. I’m just saying you have to understand that these are powerful drugs that mess with your brain and body. They can do some great things but as they say nothing is free. So the price should be working with a good doctor. One who will help you limit the side effects and who will make sure they’re helping you and not harming you.

Lakeman likes this.
  7. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    Yes, I see doctors and therapists, and I would not take prescriptions without a doctor. Sorry if I was unclear about this. My wife has taken SSRI's for years, so I also have that perspective.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  8. kdog

kdog Member

Local Time:
    I'm bipolar and am taking antidepressant and antipsychotic medications. I was worried that my sex drive and performance would drop, however, it's been the opposite. No longer suffering from depression has increased my sex drive and my performance (stamina) has gone way up!

shannonsanders and Headtrip like this.
  9. ashes1334

ashes1334 Long term member

Mall Santa
    North Pole
    Local Time:
    Hmm. I've worked in mental health and I can say your concerns are legit.

A good therapist might help you to pull through the anxiety without having to take meds. On the other hand if it is very debilitating to everyday functioning I wouldn't say avoid meds at all costs. But the side effects are real.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  10. ashes1334

Mall Santa
    North Pole
    Local Time:
    The thing with these meds is they trigger or release a chemical in your body when your body is not developing enough of it when stressed out. Downside is a dependence forms as the more you take them the less your body does this process on it's own. Requiring higher doses the longer you take them making unwanted side effects more likely. So if you can power through with therapy that's good. If not there's no shame in that and there are ways to navigate and cope.

11. ashes1334

Mall Santa
    North Pole
    Local Time:
    Also, I'm no doctor so take it with a grain of salt. But there is a while community here for you.

12. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I didn’t mean to imply anything.

I’m glad to hear you are seeing Drs and doing things right.

Just to be clear, my comment was so anyone reading wouldn’t think it was ok to start and stop these meds without talking to their doctor.

13. Bonobo

Bonobo Long term member

Local Time:
    I transitioned from pharmaceutical based anxiety drugs to medical marijuana about 4 years ago and have never looked back.

14. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    I've had good therapists, but the fact is I am naturally wired for anxiety. I've powered through it for long stretches of time, and it has gone away at others. Right now is a rough time (it is for us all, plus other concerns).

Soooo, I am giving it a shot and hope it is shot term (like through Winter).

ashes1334 likes this.
  15. ashes1334

Mall Santa
    North Pole
    Local Time:
    I'm sure it won't hurt your lock up experience. I've definitely heard benefits from marijuana or CBD oil as mentioned above. Whatever the case good luck! Anxiety is tough to live with and makes life hard to enjoy so I feel ya.

16. Prettysmall

Prettysmall happy for a change

Admin worker Hospital
    Sudbury Ontario Canada
    Local Time:
    I am taking Wellbutrin for anxiety and depression and no sexual side effects :) it used to be called the happy horny skinny pill as it also helps with weight loss and it will help with quitting drinking and smoking.

17. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:

Do me a favor, go get some Methionine 500mg, take two and tell me how you feel. You may feel nothing at all but you may feel a lot less stressed. I've used it for nearly ten years and have " prescribed " it to two friends who also like it for just that reason. A calmer head. You feel more able to handle shit without having it wreck your mood.

The science:
    Methionine is an amino acid, a constituent of all protein. Its what's known as a methelator in the body and its what your brain uses as a building block for making neurotransmitters. It just so happens that Methionine is used in making the feel-good neurotransmitters mostly. So what you're doing is supplying the ingredients for feeling better, and letting your body do the rest. This is referred to as "Precursor Therapy". Providing the precursors to Serotonin, GABA, just a little Dopamine, etc. There are other precursors too. All available over the counter in your local vitamin store.
    I can tell you that discovering this treatment made my life SO much easier. With no feeling of being drugged. At least for Methionine. I can reccomend something else that'll make you feel coke'd-up for three days too if you want. Lol. But I dont think you want that.
    The point there is that this method works. And I believe it to be far safer than drugs.

Good luck.

18. Chastitykeepsmesane

Local Time:
    It is dependent on what kind of meds you are put on. I am on anti depressant and mood stabilizer and has not affected me sexually. Your mental health is more important than chastity. Take from someone that knows.

19. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    it amazes me the hold big pharma has on this world, deadening our response to the world has become the acceptable norm. Since you're probably not sleeping and have plenty of energy please research alternatives. Meds fix nothing. Good luck.

20. Chastitykeepsmesane

Local Time:
    Not true. Meds are handed out too much but they do help the people that really need it. I am one of those

21. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    Lockitman so very true, the opioid epidemic promoted by big pharma and enhanced by the doctors is nothing compared to 'chemical imbalace' which they also invented. One day the public will see the phallacy and the criminality of this sham. For those concerned i would reccomend 'DSM the deadliest scam' on youtube

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  22. OldLockedCuck

OldLockedCuck Long term member

Retired
    Australia
    Local Time:
    6:34 PM
    I have taken ssris for years for anxiety and they work for me. I do not suffer from any depression though. I have gone off them at times but always go back. They do not help so much with an extreme crisis but are very good for maintaining a daily equilibrium.

I find that they do not affect my sexual desire much though I do take a bit longer to regain the urge after an orgasm, but that could be increasing age. With a 50 mg dose I can masturbate to orgasm fairly easily and can just manage piv orgasm if it has been a while. I find it near impossible to cum when in my cage. I do best for anxiety with 100 mg and then masturbation is the only option for an orgasm and that takes some effort to achieve. Overall I find this side effect of ssris a positive for the chastity lifestyle.

23. Kidkrippler

Kidkrippler Active member

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    Ive been on anxiety meds for some 8 years now. Originally I had performance issues. Like previously stated had no loss of desire but couldn’t rise to the occasion.

24. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    Well if you recall the opioid thing started with a push to end the overly tight restrictions that were making people with chronic pain suffer needlessly, which they were. But capitalists always go too far. That's why we used to keep them on a shorter leash. Until Reagan, its been the wild west ever since. If we dont do something, we're doomed.

25. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    9:34 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice